PDA

View Full Version : going t hair scramble in a weeks wht to bring?

Martin Blair
07-04-2003, 07:49 PM
Ok im goign to my first wodds race in a week next saturday i will be racing.

I have loctited all the screws on my skids, got jettign and everything right and bought a spark arestor for my bike its preprep and the stock motor has quite a bit of power set up right. im runin g a 14t front talking to soem people the track is tight so i figures i would run a 14t.

What should i bring? i have a camelback but no parts, if i break im out. Should i run a mixture of 91 octane an race gas or will regular 91 be ok?

Also on the practice lap should i try to see how fast ic an go, or go slow and study all the turns trees and obsticals in my way, i think i will go slow and study the track, but i dunno.

thanks for all the help sorry for the long post

muff
07-05-2003, 01:35 AM
just bring some water and some healty food like fruit, and drink a lot of water the night before, eat some pasta to

and in practice take it easy for the first lap or two, you want to be able to make it to the main...however in the harescramble I was in we didn't get to practice, so we pretty much had to go all out without knowin where we were goin

since your motor is stock I would just run the highest test you can get at the pump, like 91-94

it would been nice to have an extra set of tires but you dont so that kinda rules it out....also when you go try to part as close as you can to the starting area, this way if you run out of gas or whatever you're nice and close to the track, and having someone at your little pit area is good to

and good luck, harescrambles are a lot of fun

ex kid
07-05-2003, 02:16 AM
haveing someone pit for you is a must!! my dad is my pit crew and we have a bag that we keep water bottle,goggles,extra gloves,duct tape, and zip ties. go slow on your first lap look around for other lines. we dont get parade laps. we jsut run all out not knowing were we're going.let the faster guys by and have fun. i usally bring some tools in case i need to make changes before the start. ooooo yea one more thing. if its a dead start race.....practice your starts. i had no idea i could get such a bad start with having an electric start machine.

cjpoole1
07-05-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
What should i bring?
Bring your quad:D

Martin Blair
07-05-2003, 05:57 AM
i know i need to bring my quad, we get 1 practice lap before the race so i will take it easy and wtch the terrain.

My dad is coming i dont think i will need refueling, but i have a extra pair of goggles and i can have some water bottles ready, i will also have a camelback.

Im thinking about putting slime in my tires since i dont have a nother set.

toby400ex
07-05-2003, 01:07 PM
what race is it, u should come do some missouri harescrambles with me. Take it slow the first lap and just try to follow some people and see what they are doing. Since its ur first harescramble, dont go for the holeshot, try to stick in the middle and see what everyone else is doing. The goal is to finish.

Martin Blair
07-05-2003, 03:38 PM
i am goign to the mo harescramble in tebbets thats wher eim headed, the racing quads sponsered race

toby400ex
07-05-2003, 04:58 PM
y did i have to break my wrist in the best part of the season

Martin Blair
07-06-2003, 04:46 PM
my dad and i both did that this spring, it sucks doesnt it: eek:

jgfarmsracer
07-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
my dad and i both did that this spring, it sucks doesnt it: eek:
if your goin to run C class you just need to get your tank good and full and you will make the hole race

also that depends on if they use the same track as last year that whould mean that you whould only run 3 laps

jgfarmsracer
07-07-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
what race is it, u should come do some missouri harescrambles with me. Take it slow the first lap and just try to follow some people and see what they are doing. Since its ur first harescramble, dont go for the holeshot, try to stick in the middle and see what everyone else is doing. The goal is to finish.

always go for the holeshot and hope the rest of the class piles up then you can set the pace, no dust , and if you pile it up the rest of the class waits on you

Martin Blair
07-07-2003, 06:05 PM
after practice lap im goign to go out all i ant got no skids but o well my dad was yackign that the stock ones are good so we will see.

Im racing in beginer class since its my first race.