PDA

View Full Version : changin brake fluid??

kxrider
07-04-2003, 06:56 PM
ok my kx front brakes got sponge on me, so i decide to change fluid, this is wat i did, i took off revior cap, loosend release valve, drained it, but didnt let the res. go empty so i didnt suck in air, i did that until there was new fluid comin out then i closed the valve, and filled the res. and left the cap off, and sqeezed the lever repeated til there was no air bubble commin up, then i filled it to full, adn put the cap on, then i sqeeezed the lever a few times, then held it in adn release the pressur, then close the valve, hten let off the lever and i repeated this many times, and still no very sponge brakes, i have no leaks anywere, no broken hoses, everything looks good, i even have brand new pads, so wats the deal, or wat am i doin wrong somebody??????????

4TraxRider
07-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Ride it around carefully for a little so the lines can move around and release sme more air if there is any in it. Then when you get back probably a little more air will come out.

07-05-2003, 04:02 PM
same thing is wrong with j 37s brakes and he just got new lines we keep bleeding them but no air, then we noticed the rotor is flexing alot , so take a look at your rotors

kxrider
07-05-2003, 08:20 PM
well i rode it around today a lil bit, and did the end part agaiin, and it got better, i can get nose wheelies up better, but still not as good as i want, ill have to check the rodor s tomrrow