PDA

View Full Version : check this out, take a stand

400exrules
07-04-2003, 06:34 PM
i read this and i thought it was interesting and true, its kinda long but read it

its about how decibal limits are being changed for stupid reasons and how everyone seems to hate offroaders

http://www.geocities.com/safeduning/

4TraxRider
07-04-2003, 06:41 PM
I can understand where people come from with us being to loud, but I can't understand why they only take action against us. All teh ricers that bow by my hosue doin 60 in a 30 500 times a day don't bother anybody, but the second I start my quad up and cros the street I have cops at my house. The people who fly the little airplanes that sound like a bunch of loud *** weedwackers all day at their spot where we ride don't bother people, but when were riding there while they are flying them, we still get in trouble. Poeple just don't like quads and bikes. We have to all be responsible, every idiot that goes by witha full open race exhaust down the roads and doing wheelies, people automatically think were all like that. Sorry so long, needed to vent a little, cops were at my hosue already today.:scary:

400exrules
07-05-2003, 04:33 AM
ya i do agree they come down on us too much, they're soo worried about us, that ppl are gettin murdered and sellin crack and robbin banks when there trying to catch everyone who is out to have fun on a ORV

07-05-2003, 04:38 AM
its dumb, i think that people are after quads more than bikes because of the fact more young people ride quads and do stupid things

anywhereEx
07-05-2003, 04:40 AM
4TraxRider

I fully agree. When I was breaking in my 416 at my house a cop showed and told me to shut it off. I just smiled and said I will take my ticked when I am done while riding by. Finished my last few minuites and stopped and he was quite pissed. The whole time there were cars wizzing by my house. Right after I walked up to him here comes one of my ever so lovley neighbors in his track ready Nova blairing down the street at at least 80. I just smiled again and said I ain't signing a ticket until you stop all of this crap... Now he sits directly in front of my house giving tickets out 2 times a week:macho

I know he is wating for me to fire it up though:mad:

So I make it a point to ride by and wave even if it is out of my way:D

4wheelboy
07-05-2003, 06:39 AM
haha dats some funi chit:D :blah:

J-06
07-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Same here..We rode to a friends cabin the other day..and yes we crossed a highway...We got there..seeing the ppl driving there golf cars all over creation..There laughing..when we drive psat going th posted speedlimit and on the edge of the road..not revving the motor..They all stop and stare and give us a glare..So we wave and they just look away?? :mad: Snowmobilers here are embraced they can ride down and aroudn any part of this county they want. They put in a trail stystem for them..And wont even let us use ditches or Minimum Maintence roads..If the regulations werent so strict there wouldnt be so many problems!
Makes me angry!:grr:

Atreyu
07-05-2003, 08:07 AM
thats nice pal

Nausty
07-05-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by 400exrules
ya i do agree they come down on us too much, they're soo worried about us, that ppl are gettin murdered and sellin crack and robbin banks when there trying to catch everyone who is out to have fun on a ORV

exactly, i've seen 5+ cops turning away people at riding spots because they didn't have their quads registered while mean while you got stuff like that going on in town. I mean shouldn't they be trying to support things like this to keep people out of trouble? I mean I see motorcycles flying through town with their loud exausts and doing donuts but the minute I go to a empty road to do some wheelies or some other place I can't stay longer than a half a hour because of the cops.