PDA

View Full Version : airbox/airfilter idea?

rider250ex
07-03-2003, 07:09 PM
today i was doin some work on my quad so it is ready to go when i get my hub in and i was thinking of a way to get more air to the motor(by the way i have a K&N airfilter). i was thinking of cutting the snorkle shorter and running no airbox cover or just cutting a big hole in it. i was also thinking if it got dusty or real muddy i could just take my stock foam filter and cut the ends off of it and slipping it over the k&n sort of like a big prefilter. its 2:00 in the morning so if this doesnst make any sense sry...

TC17
07-03-2003, 07:12 PM
i drilled holes in my airbox and put in little things that fit in with material that traps the dirt and mud. you could get a outerwear and take the lid off, that's your best bet.

David
07-15-2003, 02:25 PM
You can also buy UNI Airfilter wraps for your K&N.

capecod400ex
07-15-2003, 02:39 PM
I cut about a 3 1/2" wide buy 6" long square in the air box lid and it works great, i also have a K&N with a prefilter also maid buy K&N. It keep's some mud out not all but, way more then no lid at all but it still let's more air in. I jsut had to watch not to ford river's or any thing. But i kinda have a pic for u if u look under the seat u can see the white K&N logo on the air filter.