PDA

View Full Version : got a fine today!

300exracer
07-03-2003, 02:50 PM
Well today I got a fine around $100 to $150. My freind and his cuz and I were playing around on this power line and when we were going there we went back this dirt rode and we passed acouple of house. There was this one mother who called the cops on us cuase she has 4 kids that ride there bikes around and she said that we fly by and cuase to much dust. Well anyways we were geting ready to leave so they were first and i was about 500 ft behind them and the cop was hiding in a drive way so i was fixing my gogles and i seen this cop car fly aafter my friends but they got away and i came out to the end of the road geting ready to hit the trail when i seen the cop comeing back so i stoped and he took my name and stuff and i didnt want to run cuase he would get me cuase the trail comes back out on the road. I asked him if we i was geting a fine and he is like ya and i sayed for what and he said you rode the road and he didnt even see me!:mad: He maid me tell him who my freinds were so i told him or he would rase my fine big time so i pushed it to the trail. I cuaght back up with one of my freinds so we started back to his house and we were geting ready to cross the road and there comes the cop again so my freind got his fine! So we got back to his house and talked to his dad and the cop called and his dad was preaty mad at the cop cuase the other cop said we can ride slowly on the side of the road and this cop was new and a real retard:mad: So they were talking on the phone and his dad started saying some stuff to him and the cop hung up on him and that made him realy mad:mad: I have to pay my fine but i am grounded!:grr: My other freind got a $250 fine for his second affence and i dont no anything what his cuz got. I know i probibly spelled some stuff wrong but thats the story! It was alot to type.

SGA
07-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Well, that was not good, not good at all:(

250EXking
07-03-2003, 02:54 PM
happened to me. i didnt run. he let me off. my buddies that ran. got busted later. i didnt rat em out. they just got caught. good not to run from pigs.

300exracer
07-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Ya i wasnt goting to rat them out ether but i asked if i was geting a fine and he is like ya so he sayed whos your friends i am like well.... then he said you better tell me or i will make your fine over $300 so i told and i feel realy realy bad.:(

RoadkillerRyan
07-03-2003, 03:10 PM
should of said i met them on the trail or somthing and dont know there names, thats what we do over here and it works out fine

Ranchertype1
07-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Everytime i ever see a cop, and im on my quad, i immediately slow down. Ive never gotten a ticket. A buddy of mine (who rides same exact trails as me) does the opposite of me, he guns it whenever he sees a cop. He has tons of stories of being chased by cops, i have none, i like it that way. Actually i was pulled over by one, he asked me how i like my new Z. LoL :D

Flip)(stick
07-03-2003, 03:33 PM
Yea ive always stoped for cops, but in the mountains if a forest ranger comes after me i run

cool 300ex
07-03-2003, 03:34 PM
Ya relly man i didn't even see the cop.Now i got it this is gooing to be my econd one so it's going to be like $250 out of my money!!!:mad: It was only a back road.I had the rancher lol i just stood it up befor we seen the cop. :D Man the cop mad my dad mad on the phone they got talking then the cop standed be a smart***** to my dad so my dad is like you a fu**** ***** hole.THen the cop hung up.Lmfao O well life is what it's like.But i mean if i am going to get cought on a back road i should have just grabed the main road and gave him a run if i am g oing to get a fine i want it the right way not for being on a stuild back road alone the side!!!!!!!

07-03-2003, 03:48 PM
i run from the cops all the time...its really fun...I had three of them chasing me this one time, they are really fun to mess with

400EXrider#91
07-03-2003, 03:48 PM
i got caught on christmas day with 4" of snow on the ground. he said he was chasing me for 4 miles. i was like:eek2: if i wouldn't have been in the ditch stuck i would have goten outta there but he was nice enough to help me out

4wheelboy
07-03-2003, 04:00 PM
haha i love i here when it snows we just fly round town an the cops cant chase us

J-06
07-03-2003, 04:12 PM
My Step Dad is the Sheriff Here..hes nice about quads..Hell he even rides mine sometimes..But I have these two old neighbors annd they know the cop my step dad doesnt like so they like to give me a hard time. I just use the excuse of the dog got loose or the animals were out. I dont get it..Snowmobiles are fine to ride in town for god sakes but we cannot even ride down a minimum maintence road withought be called in or being frowned on.Snowmobiles must be better though i guess! I own a snowmobile too but iam sick of quads always getting the raw end of the stick :mad:

toby400ex
07-03-2003, 04:45 PM
i didnt run, and i got a $500 fine, 6 months probation and 24 hours community service. For crossing a creek, and no one saw me do it. Consider urself lucky:mad: :grr: :grr: :grr:

Creech52
07-03-2003, 04:54 PM
I was told by my friend that a cop told him quads are allowed to cross a road at like a 90 degree to like 45 degree angle or something along those lines they just cant ride down them only cross. And the whole thing if you dont tell a cop who your friends are they raise ur fine sounds F**ked up to me, its like black mail or bribery or something.

Glow Plug
07-03-2003, 04:59 PM
ouch thats got'a suck :(

And no I don't have any cop stoires lol

Big400EX
07-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Dont give him your name, lol..

Plead the 5th..

2K400ex
07-03-2003, 06:27 PM
well around here last winter we got like 3 ft of snow.. i took my 400 out to play.. i live in a townhouse and theres a trailerpark near so i took it up the street to the trailerpark. i was on the way back home and i came around a corner sideways .. directly in front of a white chevy blazer with two cops sittin in it.. evedently they have thoose and it was unmarked.. so i stopped and he said what the he!! are you doing.. i was like theres no one on the street.. noone but you anyway.. he said TAKE IT HOME !! i said ok not a problem. i told him i was warming it up for a ride.. and he let me go i road it home on the street..

Martin Blair
07-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by 250EXking
happened to me. i didnt run. he let me off. my buddies that ran. got busted later. i didnt rat em out. they just got caught. good not to run from pigs.

yeah same thign here we were riding on the road in a cunstrution sight at my friends house, lives out in the middle of no where, well the sherif came up because some old hag called, i saw him so i stop as we were heading back to my friends house, he aske dme what we where doing i explained and he sayed not to risde there anymore and to stay off the road but you can ride bakc to your friends house slowly, well in the mean time my friend jets off on his moto 4, lol, anyway the sherif caught him and he talked to his parents and ended up with a 200 and something fine, i know it was below 250 but i cant rmeber, if you stop there usually cool about it unless the cops an ***

07-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Creech52
I was told by my friend that a cop told him quads are allowed to cross a road at like a 90 degree to like 45 degree angle or something along those lines they just cant ride down them only cross. And the whole thing if you dont tell a cop who your friends are they raise ur fine sounds F**ked up to me, its like black mail or bribery or something.

The word you are looking for is extorsion, and yes it happens all the time.

Not that I would advise you to lie to the police but they have been known to lie to people to make them confess to things they may or may not have done. Its all some sort of wacked out game for some of these guys and if it was a murder investigation (or even a quad theft) it would be fine but theres a lot of amatures in the ranks who like to play tricks on kids and it makes them feel like they accomplished something.

I would think 95% of the time you would all be better to be truthfull and take your chances since most officers are just regular people with a job to do, but if your in NJ this all changes since your gonna be treated like a freaking criminal. :(

300exracer
07-04-2003, 03:38 AM
Yeah i got cuaght by a cop 2 time but it was me and my freind and this other kid on a rancher. Well the kid on the rancher stoped and he asked if i was geting a fine and the cop said yep and then he said whos your friends so he didnt want to rat but they said they would rase his fine s o then he told them and when they were geting ready to leave he asked if he was still geting a fine and the said no. So thats what i was going to do! The cop cought us at my friends house and we just got warnings but the cop we got stoped by yesterday was a new ***** and didnt even want to talk!:mad: :mad: :grr: :grr:

07-04-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 300exracer
Yeah i got cuaght by a cop 2 time but it was me and my freind and this other kid on a rancher. Well the kid on the rancher stoped and he asked if i was geting a fine and the cop said yep and then he said whos your friends so he didnt want to rat but they said they would rase his fine s o then he told them and when they were geting ready to leave he asked if he was still geting a fine and the said no. So thats what i was going to do! The cop cought us at my friends house and we just got warnings but the cop we got stoped by yesterday was a new ***** and didnt even want to talk!:mad: :mad: :grr: :grr:

You take your chances but I think you did the right thing at least if you dont get fines everytime etc.

Plus you guys were on the street right? Around here you can go as deep into the woods as you can (its not a big state so your never too far from someplace) and thats where you are being targeted by the state rangers, and if your closer to town then its the local cops that you will most likely end up dealing with but 90% of the time around here anyhow they are better but this is changing also.

It seems weird to me how so many of the other members complain about problems riding on city streets when compared to the problems we have around here out on the trails.

BlazingYamahaYz
07-04-2003, 09:57 AM
i have been stopped twice, once i just got a "walk ur biek home the rest of the way" and the other time i got $300 worth of citations for some bull****.....i stopped both times, and the tiem i got the fines were cuz my friend was jumping the dam, we both rode on the road(small little country roads, 1 car every 5-8 hours(not busy at all) and we didnt just bust out into traffic, we would carefully go accross the streets and at one point we had to go down the road.....and some fishermen thought we were going to kill ourselves jumping....the cop was a dick, cuz he was like "i need some ID boys...." so ben(2fastandfurious) pulls out his wallet, and since hes on the fire department here, he has a badge that you can pin on like his "formal shirt" for stuff....he had it in his wallet, so when he opened it, it was right there, and the cop INSTANTLY said "whats that badge ur trying to flash me????" when all he was doing what opening his wallet to get out registration....it was a DNR too, no gun or anything, just a radio and some "fake"(i bet!" badges.....got citations for no registration(in WI u have to have registration), underage operator(WTF, just cuz im 14, and im 5"10, 150lbs, with about 4 years of ridding experinece doesnt mean i cant handle a 250X....i wanna see the cop ride better than me)letting an underage person operate the atv, and tresspassing and some others...long run, dont run, cuz u will give us all a bad name, and if u stop u will prlly get off easilier....

2002_300_EX
07-04-2003, 02:31 PM
Ill take my damn chances. The first time I ever got pulled over, the ******* of a cop gave me a $250 fine, and impounded it. It was bull too, all I did was cross a road, in the middle of nowhere. I was sooo pis***. My dad called the police station with the guys badge # and stuff. They dismissed the fines and gave me my quad back. Im never stopping again. And what BalzingYamaha said about not running is logical, but quads are frowned upon by all the tree-huggers that run this world.

Ill run from the cops as long as I possibly can. The only reason they will catch me is if my quad breaks down or I break something. :)

batgeek
07-04-2003, 02:37 PM
yeah and you'll set a great example of all of us quad riders....

4wheelboy
07-04-2003, 04:26 PM
It seems weird to me how so many of the other members complain about problems riding on city streets when compared to the problems we have around here out on the trails. 440ex4me I have been noticing this too most of you are complaing about getting caught riding around your town or in the streets. personaly if you are rding in the streets flying around cars you should get tickets. In Nj we get chased down the trails they come to our campsites when we are not riding. we have one legal riding area and it is horrilble one little atv track dat has 2 jumps in it an the rest straits abd corners. it would be so nice to live near the dunes or other orv parks. it seems like i am running from the cops more then i am riding. NJ SUCKS:mad:

bigbadbrad
07-04-2003, 05:12 PM
i am happy i live in maine.

just about everyone owns a quad. and half of the roads are dirt. i have never been stoped by a cop or game warden. never ran. and even if i do get stoped by a game warden or try to get stopped i will run, because the state's atvs are slow, and some of them still have 3 wheelers(big reds) and i know some trails they probaly dont. and there are only like 3 cops here. nad in maine you are allowed to drive like 500 yards or something like that on the road to get to the trail, and the trail is a half mile from my house, either way. if i would get stopped for any thing it would be for my pipe. and hopefully next with geting pulled over on quad because i want to get an xr400 r similary trail bike and make it a dual sport so i can ride on the roads with a motorcylce liscence

300exracer
07-05-2003, 04:28 AM
Yeah we dont see to many game wardens but i have got stopped by one of them before and they just wanted to see if we had lisence plates:D But there Quads are kind of fast! they have a grizzly 660, and a sp700 But they mostly never come around.

J-06
07-05-2003, 06:22 PM
Ok i got a question is there an age limit on dirtbikes>
Like they gotta ride such a size bike like us..I mean iam 15 5'11" 155lbs atleast..and i ssit on a 90 and my knees are over the bars..They use no sense in the laws..They want us to ride them in our yards i guess..But then we still get in trouble..From neighbors for being to loud..WTF

BlazingYamahaYz
07-06-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by J-06
Ok i got a question is there an age limit on dirtbikes>
Like they gotta ride such a size bike like us..I mean iam 15 5'11" 155lbs atleast..and i ssit on a 90 and my knees are over the bars..They use no sense in the laws..They want us to ride them in our yards i guess..But then we still get in trouble..From neighbors for being to loud..WTF

i would like to know whats up with that too...i mean i guess they want more "mature" and "responcible" people on the bigger quads or some crap, but i wanna see their 15 year old son or daughter, thats at least 5' tall try and ride a 90 and NOT complain about how cramped it is....on dirt bikes only restrictions are ur own height, whether or not u can touch the ground, no laws i dont think....

MojaveKing
07-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Snowmobiles are fine to ride in town for god sakes but we cannot even ride down a minimum maintence road withought be called in or being frowned on.Snowmobiles must be better though i guess! I own a snowmobile too but iam sick of quads always getting the raw end of the stick

well said john well said!!!:cool:

speedy400
07-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Its just funny, snowmobiles are always alright mostly everywhere(even on streets) because "they have snow under them as a barrior so they don't hurt the ground" well thats BS, the last 3 years MN have got crap for snow and they run on the ground 1/2 the time, also quads don't ruin anything, the weeds that we"kill" grows back with in days.:grr: darren

flyin#5
07-09-2003, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by J-06
My Step Dad is the Sheriff Here..hes nice about quads..Hell he even rides mine sometimes..But I have these two old neighbors annd they know the cop my step dad doesnt like so they like to give me a hard time. I just use the excuse of the dog got loose or the animals were out. I dont get it..Snowmobiles are fine to ride in town for god sakes but we cannot even ride down a minimum maintence road withought be called in or being frowned on.Snowmobiles must be better though i guess! I own a snowmobile too but iam sick of quads always getting the raw end of the stick :mad:

i know what you mean... is stupid how snowmobiles can go anywhere they want and not even have someone give them a frown.

Cruzin720
07-09-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 4wheelboy
NJ SUCKS:mad:
yup

curtissparks400
07-09-2003, 12:31 PM
awwwww, didnt u guys know that batgeek was gonna get in this thread and put evryone down

curtissparks400
07-09-2003, 12:36 PM
hey toby400ex, thats y u run from them pigs!!! , then u dont have to pay the fine:D ive always ran, and i always get away (knock on wood), its really fun too. it makes u faster and gives u better practice :D :D :D