PDA

View Full Version : Treverton Anyone???

killer03_300ex
07-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Anybody ever in Treverton to ride some nice hills there not to mention Dunk sometimes come up to ride there :devil:

Ex'r Marlin
07-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Definetly a great place to ride!!!!:cool:

Also a great place to have a group ride!!!!:D A lot of parking areas, and a lot of places to camp out.

I go up there about 3 times a year to camp out and trail ride.

I have not done the coal hills as of yet...

I would say that it is about another 30 minutes North West passed the exit for Tower City/Tremont.

Note: I hope to be camping there soon!:)

Ex'r Marlin
07-04-2003, 07:07 AM
I plan to be there Sunday, July 6th.:)

Hopefully I will be brave enough to try them coal hills!:eek:

Ex'r Marlin
07-07-2003, 01:37 AM
I had a great time at Trevorton Sunday!

I don't know how to get to those coal hills you have pictures of.:confused:

A total of nine of us went, 5 adults and 4 kids... The kids had a blast there on their motorcycles. They too were hoping to do some coal hills.:rolleyes:

Note: I saw about 8 vehicles out there that looked as though they have been out there camping.:cool:

danyeo
07-08-2003, 03:25 AM
Hey are you sure those pics are from PA? I asked someone on another thread about pics that looked just like that and he told me they were from Ohio.

bansheeguy77
07-08-2003, 03:35 AM
no thats definately pa...where the hell do they have coal banks in ohio?

danyeo
07-08-2003, 03:56 AM
OK, smartypants. I did a search and found the thread i was talking about. Look at the first few pics and i asked where they were from, i got a reply on page 5.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47241&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

bansheeguy77
07-08-2003, 04:44 AM
dude not trying to be smart...just saying the only place ive heard of coal banks was around central pa.

danyeo
07-08-2003, 05:01 AM
No problem. But i think there may be a few out in Ohio since it does border on western PA. And the guy on that other thread told me those pics are from Ohio. Take a look at some of sick hillclimbs in that thread.:cool:

EXtreme-
07-08-2003, 04:08 PM
that's a good one! Ohio hasn't an ounce of coal in it....just corn fields and cows...flat as a pancake. Those pics are from eastern Pennsylvania.

RIDER11X
07-08-2003, 04:35 PM
We have those in Western Pa too!:D

bansheeguy77
07-08-2003, 10:12 PM
thats what i thought too about ohio....im almost positive my friend took those pics

465Stroker
07-08-2003, 10:56 PM
Those pics are from Treverton, PA - about 5 minutes from my house!

danyeo
07-09-2003, 01:38 AM
Well i was hoping those hills were in Eastern PA, i originally thought they were from Carbondale, maybe the guy on they other thread tried to steer me wrong? I don't want to have to drive out to Ohio anyway. Does anyone remember where Hillsville is? I thought that was in Western PA or Ohio.

EXtreme-
07-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Yea, that's just inside the Pa border by a couple miles. Was a hillclimbers paradise but now the game commission took it over. Huevos II actually has some footage of this area mixed in with a homemade mx track in their Ohio section...but the climbs are in Hillsville, Pa.

Treverton, Frackville and Carbondale got some big stuff!

killer03_300ex
07-09-2003, 02:32 PM
huh never rode in frackville yet but i bet they have some good riden

skaydogg
10-12-2005, 09:31 AM
YEAH I RDE UP JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER SUNDAY WITH MY 12 BUDDYS, ITS AWSOME!!LAST WEEKEND WE RODE FROM THERE TO SHOMKIN,SHOMKIN HAS HUGE!! HILLS TOO!I LOVE RIDING UP THERE.

pead_24
10-12-2005, 11:29 AM
I can see coal hill from my house in trevorton..

kwatts400
10-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by skaydogg
YEAH I RDE UP JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER SUNDAY WITH MY 12 BUDDYS, ITS AWSOME!!LAST WEEKEND WE RODE FROM THERE TO SHOMKIN,SHOMKIN HAS HUGE!! HILLS TOO!I LOVE RIDING UP THERE.

How was it with all the rain last weekend. I was going to go, but didn't think it would be worth the 3 hr drive.

GraphicDisorder
01-21-2007, 08:03 PM
How is this place? Anyone still ride up there? We are talking about coming up this coming weekend. Several of us.

GraphicDisorder
01-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Bump anyone going to be out there this weekend. At least 3 of us are coming up this weekend.

draggin-accord
01-29-2007, 06:38 AM
so we went up to play in the coal this weekend. we did have one casualty, but overall went well. here are some shots.

http://www.dropndrag.com/trev/8.jpg
http://www.dropndrag.com/trev/7.jpg
http://www.dropndrag.com/trev/4.jpg
http://www.dropndrag.com/trev/11.jpg

blaster22077
01-31-2007, 07:21 AM
I can't wait to get back up.
I have a 94 blaster .40 over with paddle tires.
Love the hills i was up about 10 times this year.

jrafter
01-31-2007, 04:03 PM
was there sunday ......the snow was great....met i guy name john who showed me around the trails...

i cant wait to get back up there .....i need a bigger tent or a toy hauler......i want to quit my job.

Trentf350
01-24-2009, 04:45 PM
HEY GUYS I HAVE ROAD IN MINERSVILLE AND TOWER CITY AND RAUSH YEARS AGO. I HEAR ABOUT TREVERTON AND WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP WITH SOME GUYS TO RIDE. I RIDE A HONDA 450R AND A YAMAHA RHINO 700. IM ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF FROM THERE IN SOUTH EASTERN PA. LET ME KNOW

BigAl73
01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I know this thread is old but just wanted to post that I have been going up to Trevorton for about 4 years now 3 times this year already and am finally getting to know all the spots (whale back, mud road, smurf pond, the sands, the swamp, the projects, the pines, etc). It's a great place to ride and I know some people camp up there and do other things were not allowed to do. I just hope they don't ruin it for those of us that follow the rules. Since two people were killed last year on RAC property and many air lifted out they have been cracking down on us. Just ride safe there and try to protect it so everyone else can enjoy riding there. I just bought my new permit last week and was told they were issuing 900 this year. Also was told they were towing vehicles out that didn't display their signed agreement with permit number. Please pass it on so we all can enjoy this great place.
Big Al

BigAl73
01-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Oh I forgot to mention when we were riding we saw the Trevorton Police coming out from where we park our trucks and trailers. He saw us coming and stopped along the road to watch us. I was leading and the ATV laws allow you to cross the road to meet the trail on the other side. Two of the people riding with us were form NY so I didn't know if they knew that and my buddy but I thought he knew the law. My buddy was the last to cross the road and said as he was crossing the Police turned around as if to chase us but we were only parked 200 of so yards from the road we crossed. He never came after us, the point I was trying to express on this is that I have never in the 4 years or so of going up to Trevorton have never until Saturday see any Police there. Just like I said earlier, ride safe, follow the rules, and be courteous to the other riders out there and everyone should be happy.
BA

brokenmike
04-12-2009, 09:09 AM
I'am back from trevorton this saturday. It was freaking awesome. I was totally suprised with how my 250r did climbing the hills. I climbed almost all of them. I dont got pics of any climbing. I was too busy having fun HAHA.

FULLSPEEDJUNKY
04-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I was there with my kids and we had a blast. The hills are awsome but I watched two quads surrender to the hill gods and tumble a long way down. I saw a few 25or's up there sat. I never did get any pics of the hills but I did get some where we parked and up on the open fields.

FULLSPEEDJUNKY
04-13-2009, 03:30 PM
where we parked

brokenmike
04-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Mine was one of those 250R's. I seen 2 other ones there

dbc112
04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
This is the RAC correct? Permit riding etc?

FULLSPEEDJUNKY
04-14-2009, 07:49 PM
yes an RAC permit is required to ride there.

dbc112
04-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah, I have heard it called so many different names... just making sure I was thinking about the same place.

So here are the names I have for RAC so far

Pottsville= RAC
Treverton=RAC
RAC=Reading Anthracite Company (22,000 acres legal riding for $100 a year)

Hazelton= Not the RAC, Illegal?

lonnie1977
05-01-2009, 10:56 PM
Rode and camped there last weekend. Some hills were insane that I only saw paddles coming up and the trails behind the Hill were pretty flat and boring. ALL the people there were cool and at night with the camp fires and all my friends and I had a great time. Might try out my paddles next time I go. Camping there was nice since it was 3 hours away.

660raptorman
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
A group of guys and myself were up there a few weeks ago. Had a blast going back next weekend.

Ride Hard and Stay Safe!

MR.BIG
05-08-2009, 09:07 AM
They are patrolling the area so if u dont have a permit be careful because they say if u dont have the permit displayed in ur vehicle it will b towed.

Fblade
06-17-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by BigAl73
I know this thread is old but just wanted to post that I have been going up to Trevorton for about 4 years now 3 times this year already and am finally getting to know all the spots (whale back, mud road, smurf pond, the sands, the swamp, the projects, the pines, etc). It's a great place to ride and I know some people camp up there and do other things were not allowed to do. I just hope they don't ruin it for those of us that follow the rules. Since two people were killed last year on RAC property and many air lifted out they have been cracking down on us. Just ride safe there and try to protect it so everyone else can enjoy riding there. I just bought my new permit last week and was told they were issuing 900 this year. Also was told they were towing vehicles out that didn't display their signed agreement with permit number. Please pass it on so we all can enjoy this great place.
Big Al

Hi Bigal73,
Have a question for you. I've been riding Trevorton for a year now with no permit. Had no Idea you needed one nor did the riders that first took me up there. They have been riding there for years. Being from Baltimore I would hate to be towed. How do you go about obtaining the permit and how much is it? Thanks for your feedback!

BTW the only way to describe the place is AWESOME!

squadie
06-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Here's a link for info on the permits. $100. You have to show proof of insurance on your atv.

http://www.readinganthracite.com/access-permits/

holeshotoutlaw5
07-03-2009, 09:26 PM
hey, big al. if you come back to this forum could you tell me were to get my permit. i'm from pittsburgh don't know anyone out there someone told me they sell the permits in pottsville? where in pottsville?

Nash04
07-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Just go back 1 page and you'll see a link at the bottom of the page about Reading.

brokenmike
07-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Who will be there this weekend? I will..:D

Nash04
07-21-2009, 01:59 PM
I'm interested but where do we park, which road is it off.

BigAl> Can u give me some good directions to the parking lot.

Thanks

brokenmike
07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
Sorry, I follow a friend up there. I cant tell you how to get there

boske
08-03-2009, 09:17 PM
I have a question about the rac permits, is there any info on your permit about what vehicles you can ride? Would it be possible to register a truck to drive and use the permit for an unregistered atv? I can get a permit but some of the guys I ride with would not be able to unless they could find a loophole like that to get one.

jrspawn
08-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey whats up? I just went today and got my RAC permit and cant wait to start riding up there. I have a rhino and more than likely that will be all i really take up there. But my question is can anyone tell me where the good spots to ride are? And where a good safe places to park a truck and trailer? Doesnt just have to be the Trevorton spot either, im looking for good all around riding, not just hill climbs. Im planning on heading up there this sat. to ride. Any help is Greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Justin

Nash04
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
You can park at Wal Mart in StClair, they don't mind as long as you don't park close to the entrance, I went once and park in the back and took off from there, there are hills and trails once you cross the street after you go thru the hill right behind Wal Mart. Been told there's a trail across 61 from the parking lot that is supposedly a nice long trail

jrspawn
08-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Nash04
You can park at Wal Mart in StClair, they don't mind as long as you don't park close to the entrance, I went once and park in the back and took off from there, there are hills and trails once you cross the street after you go thru the hill right behind Wal Mart. Been told there's a trail across 61 from the parking lot that is supposedly a nice long trail

Are the cops and locals ok with you riding on the road leaving walmart to get to the trails?

Thank you
justin

Nash04
08-04-2009, 09:21 PM
you are allowed to cross the road/street but I wouldn't ride on them too long, they'll ticket you. Just cross where the trail meet up.

jrspawn
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Nash04
you are allowed to cross the road/street but I wouldn't ride on them too long, they'll ticket you. Just cross where the trail meet up.

Sounds good, thank you.

Also, is the walmart cool with us parking a truck and trailer there(24ft. trailer) in the parking lot to ride? Im sure it wouldnt be an issue at all with just a truck, just want to make sure we'll be ok with the trailer there.

Thank you
Justin

Nash04
08-04-2009, 09:35 PM
As long as you park far away from the main entry ways they won't have a problem. Their parking lot is very big. Usually I park on the right side of the store, in the bend. That's where the trail starts, you can miss it