PDA

View Full Version : Any More Connecticut Guys Yet?

01-14-2002, 12:32 PM
I can't be the only guy from Connecticut on here?? lets here from you!:confused:

01-14-2002, 06:20 PM
yeah, whats up?

01-14-2002, 07:41 PM
hi there...where do you ride? are there any cool spots to ride out your way? I have lots of trails and and fields out here in coventry.

MIKE400EX
01-15-2002, 09:31 AM
You're not alone! Just don't know of any good spots to ride in this state. Every place I've found so far is illegal, when I take the gang (friends & family - 7 total) I don't want to be harrassed by the DEP. We're not out to destroy property, just have some good fun & good times! We'll be going to TRAXX (again) in the Spring, maybe we could get a CT group together and make a trip somewhere?

01-15-2002, 11:01 AM
What is traxx? I ride near my house..i live in a wooded area, and never get hassled. from my house, i jump into woods and have many trails and fields. i can ride a 1/4 mile on the road(1 cop in 3 yrs seen here!) and jump onto a nice trail system, then a very short run on railroad tracks takes me to a cool spot that the local kids have been riding for a long time..wooded trails,berms,not bad. they say it is not a bust there and i have never been bothered there. i think as long as you have a ATV plate on quad cops/dep are more lenient.I would like to check out the track in mass called uxbridge. I would love to join a Connectciut group ride if anyone wants.let me know:devil

01-15-2002, 12:48 PM
I had a nice sand bowl with trails going off it in my town, but the DEP shut it down, it sucks cuz it was realy nice there and now I have to go to NY to ride.

Lasher
01-18-2002, 08:21 AM
I am from Plainville CT and race in the NEATV-MX series.

There are no legal places to ride in CT. Tracks or trials for ATVs. Other than the race tracks in the series here are the only ATV friendly places that I know of.

Uxbridge – Located in MA where CT, MA and RI meet. Smaller track but the closest track that allows quads and good for practice. I will usually take a half day from work and head up there during the week.

Eagle Bridge – Located north of Albany NY. I have not been there this past year but they had two tracks. One is a supercross style track with some nice jumps. This track is narrow but a great practice track for jumping. The other track is a natural terrain track. It is wider longer and MUCH faster. Tons of elevation changes and he has thrown in some jumps for fun. I heard that he has a hare scramble course as well now. Maybe this season I will make it back out there.

Jack Frost (Traxx) – Located in eastern PA. I went last year with a group of friends. Rented a townhouse for the weekend. This place was awesome. At the time there was 3 tracks, beginner track with rolling jumps. A supercross track which has is a tighter track with some big jumps. And a MX track which had some big jumps and was more laid out. When we went down it was Nov. and they closed the MX track to start making snow. So I only got to ride it once. Spent most of the time on the supercross track. They have trails in the woods, but it was slow going and with my MX set up I was bouncing the skid plate the entire time. On the website they show an enduro type track now as well.

Up and coming tracks…

Rocky Hill – this is bikes only right now. The race series has tried for 2 years to get quads allowed or our own track there. Each time it failed. Now the owner has handed the reigns over to Tony Larusso for the track. Hopefully he will do something for us in the future…

North Haven – Land has been purchased and ground is being broken right now for a new track. No idea if quads will be allowed or not. So we will have to wait and see.

Last year our series ran 12 races. So I actually had no time for practice with family and all. This year I doubt there will be as many races, but only the Southwick dates are set but the entire schedule should be out for the banquet the first weekend of Feb.

Also, the same group of guys will be going to Jack Frost this spring before the season begins. I need to practice jumping!

01-18-2002, 08:37 AM
Those places sound great. I have a stock 400ex and am not much of a racer, i started quads a little late(37), but would love to ride a real track and try small jumps. Hopefully the Rocky Hill track opens to us, that is not far from Coventry. Even though they are illegal, there are tons of places to ride in CT. I had a friend take me to a place in cromwell that was amazing! trails, sand pits, hills, you name it. it is supposed to be a bust but i never saw any cops, just several quads and bikes. I can also park at my friends house which is two blocks away and dont have to leave a trailer at the entrance(which is a bust i heard). This spring maybe a bunch of us can get together for a ride.:devil

MIKE400EX
01-18-2002, 08:45 AM
Count me in! Traxx, Uxbridge, where ever. :macho

Lasher
01-18-2002, 08:48 AM
I started late as well (29) and trying hard to make up for lost time.

Try Uxbridge some day. It is a nice track that you can have fun on. On the weekends it is a little busy and they may run moto style, bikes run then quads etc. That is why I go on a week day. The crowd is real small and we can run on the track with the bikes. I could check the Uxbridge site and CALL before going. They recently had a lot of trouble with the town and almost shut down. Right now they are open, but the hours are limited, not sure what will happen in the summer.

Jack Frost is the best that I have been to. I rode for two days straight on the tracks (mainly two tracks one day) and had a blast.

I used to be able to ride in some sand pits right out my backyard here in town. But too many bikes would show up on the weekends, some one got hurt, sued etc. Now the cops have a quad and kick everyone out. But I have too much invest in my quad to "play" ride in trials and pits. One rock and $600 arms are shot or whatnot. Plus I have become addicted to MX. But when I head to any track in the future I will post and let you guys know. Right now I need to tear my R down to get ready for the season.

01-23-2002, 11:03 AM
All illegal riding all the time, i know some spots if you want to go, see the DEP hit the gas tho

Lasher
01-23-2002, 11:20 AM
Thanks, but I will turn down the offer.

I do not want to be in the situation where I have to run. Been down that road before.

Not to mention that my quad is set up for MX. So one little rock can cost a ton of money. Plus in order to get better on the track, I need to practice on a track. Open riding may be fun, but I need practice in jumping.

If you guys are planning a trip to the track, let me know. Otherwise have fun and run safely.

01-23-2002, 01:26 PM
my responce was for Wedge, you guys with those pretty boy bikes really dont know good riding anyway. Keep the armor-all off the brake parts : ).
We've also got a pit that we ride in with a couple good whooped out tracks.

01-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Hey quadman, don't be too hard on the guys with the tricked out quads.....mine would be too if I didn't have so many other toys to take my money...Harley,guitars,etc. :p I am always up for a ride anytime anywhere. I figure if we always ride illegally.....then when they finally catch us and give us our ticket.....$60 is WAY CHEAP...like a buck a ride!:D seriously though, there are way more riders than DEP guys, and I don't like to run from them...so knowing that I am up for a ride anytime. I have some good riding in Coventry, about 100 feet from my house. Where you from Quadman?Let's throw some snow!:devil

Lasher
01-23-2002, 02:25 PM
"you guys with those pretty boy bikes really dont know good riding anyway"

I beg to differ....

I have been on trails that are made for quads, not bad riding, but after a while I need more.

I have been on "free rides" and while exporing is fun, after you have done that path...not to mention if you find a good spot to play, you always have to watch your back.

I would rather pay $25 for a days worth of riding a groomed track that is a challenge. No hassles from the police, no worries about something happing to my trailer and vehicle while away in the woods.

I guess it is just like a stock quad ("Why buy a pipe? Hit the gas for free power") compared to a modded ("pretty") quad. Once you get bored with the stock quad/trails/illegal riding, you will mod your quad or step up to racing!

(p.s. all this was typed with humor, not serious)

01-23-2002, 02:33 PM
My riding areas....no trailer or car worries...drive down end of driveway....gas it and go up into woods...i guess i am lucky...been riding these woods for 3 years between my old dirtbike and my quad....never even seen anyone else save for one kid on a blaster yammy. i feel for you guys that have to trailer always:(

Lasher
01-23-2002, 02:38 PM
Wedge – count your blessings while you have them. I was able to ride through my backyard, into the woods and enter a large sand pits. With hill climb, whoops, jumps and anything else. Friends would come down to ride for the entire day and still have fun. But a little while back everything changed. No one is allowed in there.

I actually don’t mind trailer my quad all that much. I miss being able to come home from work and jumping on the quad to relieve some stress. I just wish that there were more tracks around to ride on.

01-23-2002, 07:03 PM
I've raced, won, lost, trophied with a flat tire, crashed, bikes, quads, jet skis I couldn't stay dedicated to the racing thing all that long, racing praticing, working on a bike, its like a second job I'm just out to have fun now. I really dont mind modified bikes I'm just kidding, But let me tell you the truth, You can have all the power and bolt ons in the world and you can't beat a guy that's not AFRAID TO TWIST THE THROTTLE!! : )

01-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Wedge lets go, I live right down the street in Plainfield

01-27-2002, 05:56 AM
wedge where r ya, u want toride or what

01-27-2002, 06:01 AM
Yeah, i am here....did you mean today...my STEELERS are on today! One win and its SUPER BOWL BABY:devil . Seriously though, anytime!(except football time!) I can host or travel. even weekdays since I am between jobs now :( ...but that means more ride time:square . let me know

Pur Pony
09-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Im from Lebanon CT... not to far from most of you..... i used to ride the rail road out towards colchester but the DEP shut up down...... No i ahve not rode my wheeler in about 3 months... took it out last night for the first time for a quick rip-

quadman21
09-19-2002, 10:36 AM
You guys ever try Middletown?

KrazyKid300ex
09-22-2002, 07:02 PM
Hey im from manchester ct. dep shu down a spt i go riing with my dad and friend in glastonbury. there is a place in easthartford glastonbury line called keeney cove. but cops go there and dep you got to try to pick a day that they are not there. they have also shut down a little thing off next to the kighway in southington. i go riding at the nike site in manchester but we've rode it to many times and we are tired of it. i want new place anyone got any in ct PM me plz