PDA

View Full Version : Nitrous on the 500ex?

Chris400extreme
07-03-2003, 10:00 AM
well i guess i am gonna be the fastest 500 ex around. i am gonna stab the beast with a shot of nos. should be interesting. Plus a 6" over swing arm to keep her at bay. what do you all think?

Black400
07-03-2003, 10:30 AM
any pics of the 500?

Chris400extreme
07-03-2003, 01:14 PM
i havent got the swing arm on or even got the nos setup to my door yet. but it is on the way. pics will soon follow

wilkin250r
07-03-2003, 01:43 PM
I've got experience with Nos on my quad of you need any technical help.

What compression are you running?

Chris400extreme
07-03-2003, 03:24 PM
i have an 11:1 compression piston in it. cant wiat to get the swingarm on and try the whole thing out.

Ex_Rider43
07-03-2003, 03:48 PM
there was a raptor with nitrous at the drags the other week and that thing was fast!!! he removed it for the other classes and he put the bottle forthe super mod class... he flew away from my friend banshee!!

excess
07-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I've got experience with Nos on my quad of you need any technical help.

What compression are you running?

If you had experience you would know it's called nitrous not NOS.

Chris400extreme
07-06-2003, 10:21 AM
hey pal actually it is a nos setup, you knoiw NItrous Oxide systems. so thanks for helping everyone out. dont make stupid remarks cause you are jelous or for any other reason. no need for that coment.,

excess
07-06-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Chris400extreme
hey pal actually it is a nos setup, you knoiw NItrous Oxide systems. so thanks for helping everyone out. dont make stupid remarks cause you are jelous or for any other reason. no need for that coment.,

jelous, lol?

I am not jealous you just sounds like a big newbie when you call it nos because even if it is an nos system you don't word it that way. Do you say I am installing kenwoods in my car when you mean to refer to speakers?

By the way I'm so jealous of your nitrous setup, here I am purging the line on my RSX which I am spraying a 125 shot on which definately moves much harder than you "500EX"

I'm sick of filling bottles.

excess
07-06-2003, 11:39 AM
Nitrous Express for that *** and a pair of adidas or two.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/e/x/excess4/DSC00094.JPG

NTPRacing#19
07-06-2003, 12:03 PM
chris you must have watched fast and the furious to many times.

i hate when people say they run their quads or cars on nos. its not nos its friken NITROUS!

excess
07-06-2003, 12:04 PM
that's two with the same opinion.

Glow Plug
07-06-2003, 01:04 PM
I think that it's gonig to be fast?

Lol sounds like its going to be quite the set up :eek2: good luck :D

Chris400extreme
07-06-2003, 01:18 PM
f you want to talk about fast and all when you can run 5.27 at 225 mph in the quarter then come talk to me. my family has been racing long enough i can call it whatever i want. so take you rice rocket and blow that out your tailpipe. that is such a rediculous statement. maybe we (those who type nos) dont want to spend the time to type it and are just shorthanding it.

Chris400extreme
07-06-2003, 01:20 PM
way advancd and bad for rice car boy!

chad502ex
07-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by excess
jelous, lol?

I am not jealous you just sounds like a big newbie when you call it nos because even if it is an nos system you don't word it that way. Do you say I am installing kenwoods in my car when you mean to refer to speakers?

By the way I'm so jealous of your nitrous setup, here I am purging the line on my RSX which I am spraying a 125 shot on which definately moves much harder than you "500EX"

why don't everyone just call it hitt'n "The Bottle"!!!

:D

Chad502EX.com

4wheelboy
07-06-2003, 02:33 PM
"
welcome to exriders where we flame eachother more then we give information

FFW
07-06-2003, 03:53 PM
jelous, lol?

Then get a car that has some real horsepower :)

excess
07-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Wow the whole speed boat post was pointless because if someones family built landspeed cars that break the sound barrier would you feel stupid? No because you take pride and joy in what you do. Being fast on a quad, car, boat don't go with each other. Ones accomplishment in one field could be someone elses start. There is no way you can compare a boat like that to a car.

I like the car because I only spent 24,000 and run along side vettes who have twice the engine I have and cost twice as much. Iv'e filled to many bottles is just replying to the whole being jealous of a nitrous setup on a 400ex, implying I use and know a lot about it, so your post FFW really had no point to it either.

By the way if your not in the scene don't comment. There is nothing RICE about my car, theres no neons on the cars and it doesnt bounce in any direction. Its fitted with all the highest quality parts, same way your quad is by reading your sig

FFW
07-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Wow the whole speed boat post was pointless because if someones family built landspeed cars that break the sound barrier would you feel stupid? No because you take pride and joy in what you do. Being fast on a quad, car, boat don't go with each other. Ones accomplishment in one field could be someone elses start. There is no way you can compare a boat like that to a car.

I like the car because I only spent 24,000 and run along side vettes who have twice the engine I have and cost twice as much. Iv'e filled to many bottles is just replying to the whole being jealous of a nitrous setup on a 400ex, implying I use and know a lot about it, so your post FFW really had no point to it either.

I'll tell ya whats pointless, your ranting about proper terminologies. You also spent an inordinate amount of time putting the guy down for calling it what he wants. So what? You had nothing productive to add to the thread by starting the comments so why continue?

I hate to disappoint you but speed on water, land or air is all relative. It's about the speed. One day you might discover that :)

My comments still stand. I won't be responding to you anymore. This is a pointless discussion.

:blah:
--------------------------------
Chris400Extreme,

Get some pictures, before, during and after construction of this potential monster. I'd like to see some action shots too.

:)

excess
07-06-2003, 04:28 PM
but can you compare the speed you get in the air to the one you get on land or water?

You think my 400ex built to the dick can run one of American Airlines 747? I hear that thing is stock, I might have a chance???

Houser Cannondale
07-06-2003, 04:30 PM
whats the whole point of this thread anyway?? :confused: :eek:

wilkin250r
07-06-2003, 05:23 PM
If you had experience you would know it's called nitrous not NOS.

I do have experience. The system I have IS nos, as in Nitrous Oxide Systems. Why are you jumping down my throat?

In case you haven't noticed, the term "NOS" is becoming more and more common, reffering to nitrous. Just because you have a bottle in your car, and the term "NOS" is a little pet peeve of yours, it doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

In fact, I dare say my experience is a little more relevant than yours, because I actually HAVE nitrous on a quad, which is a little bit different than an car.

300EX
07-07-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by FFW
Then get a car that has some real horsepower :)

why do you like whhhooooooooooommmmmmm wwhhhhooooooooommmmmmmm, it sounds like crap. I mean a quad sounds a 1,000,000 times better!
"I like the car because I only spent 24,000 and run along side vettes who have twice the engine I have and cost twice as much. Iv'e filled to many bottles is just replying to the whole being jealous of a nitrous setup on a 400ex, implying I use and know a lot about it, so your post FFW really had no point to it either."
And what happens when they spray a 125 shot? Shall I say more?;)

F-16Guy
07-07-2003, 04:49 AM
Guy, Rico?? I heard lots of talk about that Red Button, let's see it work. This is the kind of stuff everyone's sick of reading. And for you guys; I think we all know what's implied when someone uses the phrase "NOS", instead of nitrous oxide. I look forward to seeing some pics (that means pictures, or photographs) of your bike when it's done.

excess
07-07-2003, 05:09 AM
300ex because you run what you brung. It's not my fault the vette doesn't have nitrous installed. See your 300ex could be fast but what if my 300ex had a raptor motor on nitrous? It doesn't matter what a quad or car could have, No one would ever try to build a faster quad because though it gets beaten by everyone else if I spent $10,000 it would be fastests one in the world. Wow, I mean if someone would make some sense and make a valid point I would understand but that makes no sense.

"Listen up everyone just don't build your quads up anymore because there will always be someone faster or someone that looks better than yours" right 300ex?

But what "IF" it has nitrous who cares about what "IF", either it does or doesnt

F-16Guy
07-07-2003, 05:16 AM
FFW, 300ex, and excess: Quit stomping on peoples threads. If you want to have a pissing contest, do it with PMs.:grr:

FFW
07-07-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
FFW, 300ex, and excess: Quit stomping on peoples threads. If you want to have a pissing contest, do it with PMs.:grr:

Huh?

Do me a favor, go back and read ALL the posts here before you jump down my throat.

I was defending the originator of this thread and pointing out how someone was being stomped for his terminology. You will also see that I stated rather clearly I was done discussing this aspect of the thread since it was and still is a waste of time. Please don't perpetuate the poor direction this thread has taken due to one person by constantly responding about this little, misguided aspect of this thread. I find the idea of a NOS equipped EX interesting and if that means trying to convince someone to stop badgering another person because they don't like how someone makes a point then I am guilty.

As I stated in my last reply, I won't be discussing this anymore with excess and I won't be discussing it with you. Back to the thread please?!

I don't get into pizzing contests with anyone, ever.

:)

07-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Hopefully I won't need to get out the push to BAN button...:ermm: