PDA

View Full Version : 250ex stock axles=butter

kxrider
07-03-2003, 09:37 AM
this is the 2nd stocker i have bent, and i had the old one straightend twice, so i just wonted to say i am very unsatisfied, i only got about 7-8 ft up onto flat landin, and it bent on the 3rd or 4th jump, has anyone else bent there axles on little jumps, cuase i think there should be recal or somthin, lol, o well i got a durablue comin my way for christmas i guess:o

rider250ex
07-03-2003, 09:46 AM
yup...i bent my stocker pretty bad then the spines where the hub goes stripped...so i got a durablue. now i am just waitin for the new hub to come in

toby400ex
07-03-2003, 09:59 AM
7-8 feet with a flat landing will prolly hurt most axels, get a durablue

DEAL
07-03-2003, 01:19 PM
ooohhh ! What a bunch of chit!
Only 7-8ft!!?!?!?! onto flat landing?
I'd call honda and get them to recall all honda 250exs :huh :scary: :rolleyes:

kxrider
07-03-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by DEAL
ooohhh ! What a bunch of chit!
Only 7-8ft!!?!?!?! onto flat landing?
I'd call honda and get them to recall all honda 250exs :huh :scary: :rolleyes:

exactyl dude , lol 7ft isnt really that high i flat land 7ft on my kx all the time, i know theres a big diffrence, but i am just goin to rock a bent axle til christmas, o ya somethin in the front end of my quad messed up to, the right front tire wobbles, and it sqeeks horribly, so i will proly get new axle, and works fronts for christmas

rider250ex
07-03-2003, 06:54 PM
i wouldent ride out a bent axle if i were you...thats what i did and i ended up having to buy a new axle, hub, and my rim was messed up... plus i had to cut the axle off becaue the hub was stuck on it...but thats just what happend to my quad...maybe that wont happen to you.

kxrider
07-03-2003, 06:56 PM
thanks for the advice, i am goni to take it off,and have a machin shop fix it for lik 10$ then just take it easy til i get a new one

01TRX300EX
07-04-2003, 01:52 AM
My brother's axle bent also on his 250EX, and he has no idea how it happened, he "says" he didn't jump it or anything that day, but anyways, my dad straightened it back out and it's been fine ever since.

White_Knuckles
07-04-2003, 06:28 AM
Maybe you "experts" disagree but I'm with toby400ex, the bike is not designed to flat land a 6-8' jumps period. The stress of that impact would be incredible and may tweak more than your axels.

I was checking out shock/fork upgrades for my kids TTR-125 (for mild jumping). Talking to Works and BBE I was informed the frame and head joint cannot take more than a 4' (rear wheel) off the ground jump without serious frame mods. This is a light little dirt bike based on an older YZ frame and 5' jumps can break it?

My point is, if ya want an aircraft then trade-up, the lower line machines work great for their intended use. No recalls will happen for freestyle pilots or circus act ninny's. Mods to correct the designs cost far more than the bike's value.

If you're under 160 lbs., add stronger axels and high-end shocks it may be all that's needed for a few good sky shots. If you jump 'em stock at 5+ feet get out your wallet, it'll break.

250EXking
07-04-2003, 08:16 AM
i bent the first one, got a new one and it is bent. ill ride this one till it breaks or bends till i cant ride it. then ill get a durablue. i always jump mine but i think if you land right it shoudlnt be to bad. the only reason it bent the first time was becase we were at the track and it was dusty as hell and i was behind my buddy coming out of a turn and i hit a double pinned in third. wow what a landing. yeah the 250ex axles are pretty weak.

kxrider
07-04-2003, 06:16 PM
ya im not stupid, i know it wasnt designed for that, but my shock didnt even bottom out???, if i would have bottomed out i would expect it to bent , i was just tryin to see if anyone else has the same prob as me, i only weigh 150, i know the quad isnt made to go that big, but i cant help it, the jump is there, and i gota beat out my friends on 400s, price to pay, i also know i should get a bigger quad, but then i would wanna sink money into it, and that is wat i got my kx for, but its in the shop now so im playin on 250:D its all good

4TraxRider
07-04-2003, 06:30 PM
Watch out for te durablues too, my sock 400ex axle took longer to bend than my durablues took to break.

kxrider
07-04-2003, 07:21 PM
ya but durablue got life tiem warrenty for any bend over like 1.8 of and inch, so i dont care if it snaps in half its free, only 30-45 minuts for me to throw a new one on

Martin Blair
07-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by kxrider
exactyl dude , lol 7ft isnt really that high i flat land 7ft on my kx all the time, i know theres a big diffrence, but i am just goin to rock a bent axle til christmas, o ya somethin in the front end of my quad messed up to, the right front tire wobbles, and it sqeeks horribly, so i will proly get new axle, and works fronts for christmas

i think DEAL was being sarcatics, bud a 7 to 8 foot flat lnding your going to do some dmge make landing ramp

kxrider
07-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
i think DEAL was being sarcatics, bud a 7 to 8 foot flat lnding your going to do some dmge make landing ramp

i got a landin, lol wat do you think i was jumping, i just didnt have a way to get my freestyle kicker out there and everyoen wanted to see my jump, so i jumped the landing:D

4TraxRider
07-05-2003, 05:44 AM
Durablue only replaced one of my broken axles for free. The second one I broke they told me that I must have been using the ale for something outside of it's purpose. I'm not bashing Durablue, I like their axles for the price, but that experience really turned me off on them.

250exd3stryer
08-21-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah,,,i bent my axle too,,,it sucks but the machine isnt' designed to be treated the way i treat it,,,,so hopefully the durablue will work out well..

PhilMoore
08-25-2004, 11:13 AM
You get one free Durablue (You pay all shipping costs) if you bend yours. Then if you need another, you pay $175, plus shipping to them, plus shipping back to you.

I Broke and X-33, then twisted an Eliminator. Right now I am running my stock (400EX) axle and it is holding true.

If you are landing flat from 7', I hope you are checking other parts for bends and breaks, cuz that little quad isn't going to last long. Do you have pics of this jump?

DEAL
08-25-2004, 08:50 PM
stock 400ex axles have to be one of the toughest stock axles out there ...
I've put mine through hell and its still as straight as the day it came off the showroom floor.