PDA

View Full Version : Hand Guards

motoboy66
07-02-2003, 08:31 PM
I got a few questions on hand guards. I want some for mainly keeping mudd off my hands. Heres the deal. I have some old Moose Bark Busters. They are just a 1 inch wide piece of aluminum. What can I get to bolt to these for more protection< or would I be better off buying new guards all together? Like I say these are needed mainly to keep roost off my hands and keep the wind off my hands in the winter. I have looked at a few plastic ones that use the pearches to attach, but I kinda want some that attach on thier own.

Thanks

Todd

SLB400EX
07-03-2003, 01:24 AM
I have the moose alum. guards w/ black cycra shields...

Tell ya what though, my hands/gloves still get muddy as hell!!

JD400exrider
07-03-2003, 07:46 PM
I think you can get a plastic cover that will mount on your moose guards.
I have set of Power Madd. I like them allot. Look cool also. I do not have a pic to show ya. Sorry :ermm:

07-03-2003, 07:47 PM
buy those glove bar grips in d&k they are pretty cool looking

07-05-2003, 03:56 PM
i got the cycra mx shields there awesome remeber with any mx guards you gotta cut out for the bolt that holds the brakeline because they have to be cr/rm handguards

Ty's400
07-05-2003, 04:02 PM
I have always wondered about the Cycra and other hand guards that don't come for atvs. So those Cycra fit on like a 400ex. I have Tag T2 bars and Applied racing clutch lever. Would they bolt up on that stuff? thanks

07-05-2003, 04:07 PM
if its a cr style perch on the clutch side it will fit, the brake side you have to do a lil modifying but its easy, the cycra have the best coverage and looks i think, nicest quality took, mine are the red troy lee designs

batgeek
07-05-2003, 04:16 PM
if ya dont wanna change your Barkbusters just go buy some Cycra shields, line them up on the Barkbusters, mark where the screws go, tap the Barkbusters for screws and screw the Cycras on... :)

might have to boil the Cycras to get them to form on the Barkbusters, but that will work.

07-05-2003, 04:19 PM
the only thing i dont like about cycra so far is the plastic feels real soft