PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar swingarms Suck

OutlawEX
01-14-2002, 10:18 AM
Hello exriders,I have a 99 trx 400ex and it has a lonestar swingarm...My lonestar swing arm has bout 5-10 welds on it and it has just bout ben cracked in half,and this is the second one i have...I just want to know if any one else has any problems...:devil

01-14-2002, 10:51 AM
I haven't heard of swingarms cracking or almost breaking in half but I have heard of just about everything they make WILL break over time,,,except their axles,,never heard anything bad about them,,the rest of there stuff I wouldn't own....just my opinion guys.

MR. HONDA EX'S
01-14-2002, 01:49 PM
My buddy has a lone star swing arm on his 250r, that's all the swingarm has done is crack. Just last year it cracked 3 times that I know of. I don't think lonestar is all it's cracked up to be. To much money for parts that don't last.

400MXer
01-14-2002, 02:06 PM
I would never buy lonestar products. I've heard, and seen to many instances that their product has let down the consumers that purchased it. A friend of mine just bought a lonestar swingarm, it hasn't cracked yet, BUT, with only two pinchbolt to keep the chain tight, he frequently needs to adjust his chain tension.

I agree, LONESTAR IS POOP!!!:blah

400MXer
01-14-2002, 02:08 PM
bjonesta

where in toledo do you live. DO you race at all. I race at Milan and Delta.

Dave400ex
01-14-2002, 08:07 PM
Yeah, never buy Lonestar. I would only buy Laeger, Houser, or if I win the Lottery, (LOL) Roll Design.

QuadRacer041
01-15-2002, 02:25 PM
i have all lonestar products on both my 400ex and my 250r.
the only thing i wouldnt reccomend people buy is THERE swingarm.ive cracked 2 of them on my 400, both got warrented the 3rd one which i have now they says is a new design, it looks differnt then the other 2 i had, much beefier looking and havent had a problem with it yet. my freind also cracked his lonestar swingarm on a 400, they warrented his also, he also got the new design one.i havent had a problem with the ls swing arm on my R (knock on wood) and its over a year old, maybe its just a 400 problem?
like i said both my bikes are LONESTARed out and i am very satisfied with everything but the swingarm problems ive had.
and my chain loosens up too i have to tighten it after every ride they need to have 4 pinch bolts.

OutlawEX
01-15-2002, 02:33 PM
Ya i go up to delta alot but this year i didnt race there ,i usually raced the CRA on my blaster thats in my site....But you will see me at milan and delta im sure of....Whats ur name

OutlawEX
01-15-2002, 02:35 PM
Hey quad401 how long did it take for u to send in urs and for them to send another,I was gonna send in mine now but the season is bout to began and i dont want to be with out a swing arm......

QuadRacer041
01-15-2002, 02:59 PM
the first one took long about 2 mounths, the second around a mounth. my friend got his in about 2 weeks. just call and ask them?

Lou

OutlawEX
01-15-2002, 04:22 PM
Like what time or how long ago did he send it...

papaw
01-15-2002, 06:09 PM
hey bjonesta where did your s/arm crack?mine is cracked in front of the shock linkage on the left side.and how old are these s/arms you guys are getting replaced.mine is a year old and they said they would fix the crack and put a plate on it.but you know we did spend alot of money on these s/arms.they warranty their axles why not their s/arms.

Evan
01-15-2002, 06:42 PM
So Lonestar stuff sucks huh, guess I will just throw my a-arms awy and get some Roll Design. I was planning on getting all LSR stuff on my R what should I go for now?

OutlawEX
01-15-2002, 06:52 PM
X -rider if i was you and had the money id get roll design but that costs ...So i think the next brand im gonna get would be leagers because my dude has the swingarm and he hasnt did nohing as in cracking...

OutlawEX
01-15-2002, 07:12 PM
My swing arm cracked on the left side too...I emailed LSR and they said they replace it but i dont have the time to send it in...

01-15-2002, 07:13 PM
i plan on getting lsr axle , but im gonna get laeger a arm

the lsr frame cracked in 3 places after 3 pro races, if u ask me lsr is extended stock quality stuff and way over priced

laeger is the best that i know of but i dunno know much about the others

Dave400ex
01-15-2002, 07:19 PM
X-Rider, get Laeger. Most of the Pro`s run Laeger. My brother has Laeger A-Arms on his 250R and they are very nice. I will get a Laeger or Houser Swingarm when I buy a new one.

Chef
01-15-2002, 07:28 PM
I know that not many people have heard of Cafd, but they are very nice swingarms too. I think Kory Ellis uses one on his 426 pro quad. Mine was $525 powdercoated metallic-looking gray to match the frame, +2

Foxrage
01-15-2002, 07:44 PM
I have heard of them from kory ellis uses them i think well not anymore cause he has the laeger C-Dale.

AlaskaSpeed
01-15-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by bjonesta
Hello exriders,I have a 99 trx 400ex and it has a lonestar swingarm...My lonestar swing arm has bout 5-10 welds on it and it has just bout ben cracked in half,and this is the second one i have...I just want to know if any one else has any problems...:devil

Interesting, coming from someone that has the Lonestar swingarm in the classifieds section for trade for suspension??? Good thing I came across this thread about what sad shape it is in...but I suppose I could trade you for some Works shocks and come out even.........: ) JIM

OutlawEX
01-15-2002, 08:15 PM
If i want i can get a new swing arm from LSR for no charge because they Warranty everything....But i dont have the time to send it and wait on them....So if you really want this all what u have to do is send it out to LSR,I have all the emails they sent me,to tell me to send it in.....All the welds are professionally welded from a welder thats been in the business for 21 yrs...