PDA

View Full Version : any ideas?

Butters
07-02-2003, 02:36 PM
ok i have a '72 chevy and the paint job is only like 4 or 5 years old. well the front of it is chipping real bad from bugs and anything else that flies at it cause the clearcoat is real soft. what i want to know is if they sell anything besides a bug deflector to cover that up or prevent anymore?

BlazingYamahaYz
07-02-2003, 03:19 PM
if u have an air compressor, u could get a spray gun, used off ebay..my friend got one for $100, and then he just used house paint(u dont need the special stuff, SERSIOUSLY)....his truck looked like CRAP when he tried spray paint cans, and with this thing it made the truck a sweet *** black....which has held up VERY well to this day(its been about 3-4 months)....u just have to take ur time......or u could get a bug deflector or a bra for the front end....heres a before of it....

BlazingYamahaYz
07-02-2003, 03:23 PM
and heres the after....

Butters
07-02-2003, 03:27 PM
i really don't want to repaint it cause the rest of the truck looks great. i can't really find a bra for it anywhere, so i might make my own.

L.Vegas400
07-02-2003, 03:48 PM
if bugs are chipping your paint, then a bra will rub the paint right off. if it doesnt rub off, it will do a great job of scratching it.:macho

Honda4trax250x
07-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
if bugs are chipping your paint, then a bra will rub the paint right off. if it doesnt rub off, it will do a great job of scratching it.:macho

good point

K2Snow
07-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
u could get a bug deflector or a bra for the front end...

Dude, he said the paint was chipping off his truck, he didn't say it had boobs. lol, j/k

UglyMotha™
07-03-2003, 01:39 AM
if u have an air compressor, u could get a spray gun, used off ebay..my friend got one for $100, and then he just used house paint(u dont need the special stuff, SERSIOUSLY)....his truck looked like CRAP when he tried spray paint cans, and with this thing it made the truck a sweet *** black....which has held up VERY well to this day(its been about 3-4 months)....u just have to take ur time......or u could get a bug deflector or a bra for the front end....heres a before of it....

please tell me your joking :huh

Honda4trax250x
07-03-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
please tell me your joking :huh

i know thats what im thinking

BlazingYamahaYz
07-03-2003, 05:41 AM
...........................no im not joking.......................

UglyMotha™
07-03-2003, 05:58 AM
you know they have schools for the mentally challenged :huh

BlazingYamahaYz
07-03-2003, 06:03 AM
i know, im the head of the class:blah:

UglyMotha™
07-03-2003, 06:11 AM
, and then he just used house paint(u dont need the special stuff, SERSIOUSLY)....his truck looked like CRAP when he tried spray paint cans, and with this thing it made the truck a sweet *** black

i could tell just by this statement here :o

please don't ever recomend somthing like this to anybody ever again, the best thing you can do now is just burn this thought and pretend like it never happend :ermm:

i don't give a rats arse if it says all weather exterior paint, you just don't do it, and as far as the spray paint cans, who would've thought :huh

Glow Plug
07-03-2003, 06:17 AM
You could try a bug deflector or you will need a respray

Butters
07-03-2003, 11:28 AM
ok well i have a bug deflector but since the front of the hood is tall the deflector is too and is extremely ugly. what if i mad a bra out of vinyl or something? do you think it would really scratch if bad?

Butters
07-03-2003, 11:31 AM
i'm not sure really if bugs are chipping it so much but maybe the gravel roads i have been going down lately.

BlazingYamahaYz
07-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
i could tell just by this statement here :o

please don't ever recomend somthing like this to anybody ever again, the best thing you can do now is just burn this thought and pretend like it never happend :ermm:

i don't give a rats arse if it says all weather exterior paint, you just don't do it, and as far as the spray paint cans, who would've thought :huh

whats ur problem??? i offered my advice, sorry not everyone is as rich as you and wants to drop $70-100 for paint that works as good as something you can get for $10?? if it works, thats great....which it did....so i dont know what the h*** is ur problem...

Butters
07-03-2003, 03:33 PM
well thanks for everyones advice. i think i am just going to have the hood repainted though. or i might just wait and get a cowl hood for it and paint that instead. not sure but thanks anyways.

crazybuffalo
07-03-2003, 05:08 PM
just wait for the cowl hood