PDA

View Full Version : no spark in my 400ex HELP ME

FASTER4HUNDY
07-02-2003, 02:18 PM
HI guys
i got a problem, my quad wont start their is no spark. I know it is not the coil or CDI box or kill switch. My question is how do i know it isnt my stator (magneto). If i open the motor can i visualy see if it is warn. Also what else causes no spark. I checked the wire harness and it lookes fine. Help me :huh im stumped

FASTER4HUNDY
07-03-2003, 10:12 AM
i got the stator checked and they said it looks good but now i dont know what to do. what else should i look into.

Derek
07-03-2003, 11:41 AM
maybe a new plug.

Bill Fuller
07-03-2003, 12:42 PM
You did check the fuse I'm guessing?What about the starter button,is it shorted out?Teather switch shorted out?Only a few things have to do with the spark,like Derek said what about a new plug.

FASTER4HUNDY
07-04-2003, 01:51 AM
yea i got a new plug and the 15amp fuse is ok. the teather is unpluged but it could be the stock kill, i dont know what to do with it.

hawiianpwr
07-04-2003, 05:11 AM
are you sure the coil isnt bad?

fourtrax400ex
07-04-2003, 06:36 AM
i have the same problem with my 426ex, i search the problem for now two month, i have buy the manual shop and do all the test and it seem to be my stator that was bad even if they seem to test ok, the guy at the shop tell me that you cant really test a stator, sometime it test ok but it was not, so im 90%sure that is my stator, just wait to have cash to buy one, check in the used part, you can have some good deal. if you have check all your wire, ground, spark plug, coil, cdi box, kill switch, fuse, on/off switch and battery like me, its probably the stator, if you buy a stator tell me if it resolve the problem please, im very disapointed :grr:

FASTER4HUNDY
07-04-2003, 07:45 AM
i have been working on it all day now and it has spark but it is very very week, you can bearly see it . Could it still be a bad stator, or maby a loose wire in the harness some where. I dont know what to do any more:confused: .

fourtrax400ex
07-04-2003, 12:30 PM
if you have spark, i dont think is stator, maybe a bad ground?? or you battery crank too slow?