PDA

View Full Version : Works shocks

dirtriderex
07-02-2003, 09:24 AM
I ride XC and someone on here is selling there works front shocks with res for $325. Are they any good and how much would a brand new pair cost. Are Elkas better, i don't want to pay over 1000 f***ing dollars for a pair of shocks. Thanks Ryan

northeast400
07-02-2003, 01:30 PM
I hear you!! I just got a set of ELKA's cause I am fat and needed to upgrade, but that is a good price

JOEX
07-02-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I ride XC and someone on here is selling there works front shocks with res for $325. Are they any good and how much would a brand new pair cost. Are Elkas better, i don't want to pay over 1000 f***ing dollars for a pair of shocks. Thanks Ryan
That is a good price if they are set up for your weight, a-arms, riding style and are in decent shape. I think it runs $125-175 for a rebuild/revalve.
Personally if they aren't set up for you near perfect, i'd rather spend a bit more for new ones. JMO

Joe

07-05-2003, 05:19 PM
if you just ride xc and dont race i think youd be alot happier with elkas because of the ssd and ride height adjustment, i think the elkas are a smoother ride, but if u race and your concerned about shocks fading you might wanna go with works but on the other hand works shocks might physically tire you out so you have to think about that and with elka econos you can always add the rezzies later