PDA

View Full Version : I Got Them!!!!!!!!!

MOOCAZEN
01-14-2002, 08:07 AM
I GOT THE CARBON FIBER RIMS, MAN WHAT A PAIN IN THE ARSE(ENGLISH TERM) IT TOOK ME ABT 4 HRS TO ALIGN ALL THE BEADLOCKS TO THE RIM AND SCREW THEM IN, THE REARS WERE EASY, THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS GETTING A BLADE AND CUTTING THE EXCESS RUBBER FROM THE BEAD, THE FRONTS WERE A WHOLE OTHER STORY.MAN CAN SOMETHING GET EVEN HARDER TO INSTALL? IF YOU DONT ALIGN THE BEADLOCK AND THE RIM EXACTLY THE SCREWS WONT GO IN , I HAD TO ADJUST AND READJUST SO MANY TIMES IT WAS RIDICULOUS.EVEN AT THE TIRE SHOP TO POP THE BEAD ON THE FRONTS I HAD TO HAVE MY TOOLS TO LISTEN AND READJUST TO MAKE SURE NO AIR WAS LEAKING. THE FROTNS ARE HOLDING AIR GOOD, THE REAR WAS LEAKING BUT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS TIGHTEN THE BEADLOCK AND THAT WAS IT. WELL I TOOK THEM OUT ADN PUT A BEATING ON THEM, THE ONLY THING THAT HAPPENED WAS A SCRATCH ON THE BEADLOCK. THEY DAMPEN EVERYTHING ALOT.THE BIKE FEELS TOTALLY DIFFERENT, LIGHTER MORE COMFORTABLE, ESPECIALLY SINCE MY WIDTH IN THE FRONT WAS DECREASED BY ONE INCH ON BOTH SIDES. BUT UNFORTUNATELY I GOT TO FRICKIN NAILS IN MY TIRE SO I COULD REALLY RIDE ANY LONGER.THIS WEEK ILL BE POSTING PICS OF THE BIKE

01-14-2002, 10:17 AM
Did you have to pay extra for the 4 hour learning class on how to get them mounted...:eek:

MOOCAZEN
01-14-2002, 10:30 AM
its not as easy as they say, epecially for the fronts, man it was hard

Scott
01-14-2002, 11:18 AM
If you assemble the rim first, then try to mount the fron tire, how is it any different that a normal beadlock???

The front's are single sided beadlocks, right? Same one's I'm used to seeing. Other than assembling the rim initially, the tire goes on just like my champion beadlocks. Which only takes about 5 mins.

Or are you saying you had trouble assembling the wheel before you could put the front tire on?

MOOCAZEN
01-14-2002, 11:25 AM
THEY T=HAVE TO BE EXACT OR THEY WONT SCREW IN RIGHT, ESPECIALLY SINCE THE TIRE WASNT SEATED WELL, DUE TO THE OTHER SIDE NOT BEING SEATED RIGHT

01-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Sounds like you had to reinvent the wheel..:D :D Always liked usin that term but in this case it's the truth..:eek: