PDA

View Full Version : Im Going To Rausch Creek!!!!

400exbiggun
07-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Finally, i can see what you guys are all talking about, we are going sometime in like 2-3weeks, weather permitting.
So i guess i have to make calls on some aftermarket parts, ya know gotta make a flashy fisrt impression.
so how many tracks are there that quads can ride? good for beginners and more experienced riders???

Tommy 17
07-02-2003, 09:07 AM
there is the ATV only track

woods track

sx track

gncc course

and the bike only track that can be ridden the 1st weekend of the month...

the place is awesome and really fun for everyone of all ages and skill levels... if u wanna go big rausch is the place to go... lou, sparks, puff, etc fly up there jumpin stuff... but theres also stuff for the people like me that suck:blah:

Glow Plug
07-02-2003, 09:10 AM
awsome hope you have fun don't get hurt :)

400EXrider#91
07-02-2003, 09:15 AM
i love it there. the first time i went was the ex riders ride and i had a blast. i deff want to do it again

tants
07-02-2003, 10:40 AM
that place is dope

400EXrider#91
07-02-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by tants
that place is dope

:confused:

400exbiggun
07-02-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
awsome hope you have fun don't get hurt :)

yeah, might go down with a bunch of guys, i know someone will do something stupid. :rolleyes:

any of you guys going there soon?????

07-02-2003, 01:37 PM
not this weekend ,...but next ..weather permitting

400exbiggun
07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
ohhh, i think we are going down....not this weekend...not the next...but that tuesday (if i am not working)

07-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
if u wanna go big rausch is the place to go... lou, sparks, puff, etc fly up there jumpin stuff... but theres also stuff for the people like me that suck:blah:

Or you're gonna go big next time tommy. Im gonna piss you off till you do it, LOL:rolleyes: :devil:

Tommy 17
07-02-2003, 02:17 PM
curt i just don't wanna be hurt for my senior year in h.s.

i got lots of lil kids to pick on so i can't be on crutches etc haha:devil:

QuadTrix6
07-02-2003, 02:33 PM
i love rausch

BlasterBTW
07-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Be careful there but have fun. I've seen the ambulance there 5 outa 7 times... Don't break you rear shock either...lol :devil:

Honda4trax250x
07-02-2003, 03:59 PM
have fun! get pics!

400exbiggun
07-03-2003, 02:29 AM
yeah, i am gona take a ton of pics. we went to JF 2 times, and forgot the camera both times. While there once, a kx 250 went over a jump, landed but the rear suspension never went back up, it was just squished down. And they could not get it up, so they had to pick it up and carry it off for the day.:p

ex kid
07-03-2003, 03:12 AM
i raced the h/s up there. they have some nasty woods. the tracks looked good i didnt get to check them out tho. i talked to a guy who was at frost last sunday an dhe said two people got airlifted.

Tommy 17
07-03-2003, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
i raced the h/s up there. they have some nasty woods. the tracks looked good i didnt get to check them out tho. i talked to a guy who was at frost last sunday an dhe said two people got airlifted.

that woods track h/s is nasty!!! i was in there at the ride with pappy on 18 rear tires, cut fenders, and no air box lid... it was alot of fun haha... i could hear my skid smackin off everything haha o well i had fun...

RED121572
07-03-2003, 07:49 AM
I find the tracks to be a bit intimadating myself. I find that the bulk of the riders on the tracks are young, talented riders who are pretty fast. I find myself constantly looking over my shoulder so I dont get run over. If your not up to speed, you may encounter a few "jerks" that'll scream at you to "STAY TO THE RIGHT!!" :mad:

When I feel that theres too many on the tracks, I just hit the woods. That way, I can keep my own pace and not have to worry whos behind me. :)

If ya go, be safe and have fun!!:D

The ticket girls are pretty cute, too.

400EXrider#91
07-03-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by RED121572

The ticket girls are pretty cute, too.

amen to that

400exbiggun
07-15-2003, 12:53 PM
well we just went today...yeah it is ok, i would not go as far to say it is 1000 times better than jf. And considering this was my first time ever jumping the ex since i got it. we had some troubles, between my blaster and ex, i prob lost enough bolts to fill a coffee can. the silencer bolts on the blaster all came loose, and the silencer fell off. The battery bolts came loose, and the battery bounced all around, and broke a ground and a wire for the start button, i did not have electrical tape, so i had to touch the wires to the right spot, and then hit the starter. The intermediate track was the best for me, toward the end i could clear ever jump there, but the expert track scared the piss outta me.
How come dirt bikes can ride on the Atv only track, but we cant ride on theres????????:grr:
i got some pics of me and a movie, that my friend will email me so i can post. It was gonna be me and a couple of people, but one blew his tranny, and the others just broke the quads.

one last question....what is up with the woods course, we followed the red arrows, but then one points this way, another that, and another that...then the trail just ended with a freaking 5ft deep mud hole that we almost lost the bayou 220 in.
overall it was fun, i would go again with more people, and this time i am gonna use lock tight on every bolt......
i would go with ya guys august 10th, but i am just getting home from florida the night before.
but i think next time i am gonna try jf again, only cause it is a hr and a half closer.:rolleyes:
ohh yeah....how 'bout them ticket girls...grrr:D

BlasterBTW
07-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Hey would you wanna come out the 19th? Bunch of my friends and I will be there. Shoot me a PM if you wanna come up.

400exbiggun
07-15-2003, 01:10 PM
19th, what is that a sat??? i gotta work saturday, and now i gotta got the the yami and honda dealer to replace all the parts that i broke...and i don't really have a ride, the person that drove me wasnt to happy about the $30 to ride and all that.:rolleyes:

tants
07-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 400EXrider#91
:confused:

....ahhhhhh country boys ;) :D

400exbiggun
07-15-2003, 01:15 PM
hey blasterbtw, do you have stock suspension on that blaster. Man i have stock, and holy crap are they stiff, might as well just weld steel there, cause they did nothing...are yours stiff also???
hittin those big jumps almost broke my legs on the landing.

BlasterBTW
07-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Funny you should ask about the shocks. Yes mine are stiff as hell. And I snapped my rear last time I was at rausch. ha ha. What all were you hitting with your blaster? I can clear everything but the last tabltop, big step up, and single to table. But I hit all the jumps except the big step up, just can't clear them. People thought i was nutz hitting the single to table on a blaster... and now i agree..ha ha I just installed a 250R shock and I'm going to rausch to test her out on Sat.!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p2634f940ce09899f142ff9a58a939f97/fbd1048f.jpg

400exbiggun
07-15-2003, 01:35 PM
i cleared everything on the intermediate, even the big ones, but i did not even attempt the expert

Ex King
07-15-2003, 01:36 PM
hey i think iam going 2 jackfrost on the first wesnday iun augest so if any 1 wants 2 talk 2 me hit me up on MxJunkie22

and i love jf

BlasterBTW
07-15-2003, 01:39 PM
which track do you mean by intermediate? The one that goes through the woods or the ATV track only?

400exbiggun
07-15-2003, 02:10 PM
the intermediate one, it says intermediate motorcyle and atv track the track all the way at the end before the tunnel to the hair scramble course...actually i can clear some in the expert, almost everything except that stepup, and i dont really like those doubles.

BlasterBTW
07-15-2003, 02:15 PM
I see. Yea that track is really fun. I havn't tried to clear those jumps but if i can do the ones on the expert track i guess i can clear them. The expert track is small and compact....you have to really know how to come out of the turns to do alot of the jumps.

400exbiggun
07-15-2003, 02:21 PM
yeah, half the time, so i did not have yz250's jumping over me, i just let them pass me....hey it was only my second time at a organized track with the blaster. But i did over clear my friends 45ft tabletop, and flat landed, and almost flew over the bars, but i kept it under control:D . If i was keeping the blaster i would rip the shocks off so fast and put on aftermarket.
I have pics of me on my ex jumping, but not the blaster, since i rode the ex a little more, only cause the suspension is soooooooooooooooooo much better.