PDA

View Full Version : mods for a recon

stace609
07-02-2003, 06:04 AM
i know im gonna get laughed at for this. but here goes.
are they any mods that you can do to a recon to increase it's power? i haven't had it for very long, still owe money on it, and with some stuff going on i won't be getting a new quad any time soon. i've taken off the racks and i'm looking into custom plastics. has anyone ever done and performance mods on one? or knows anyone that has? thanks in advance.

moto93
07-02-2003, 06:20 AM
One easy and cheap mod is to cut the end off the air intake tube (the clear tube that runs from the air box up under the gas tank). You will need to re-jet (we went from the stock 95 main to a 110) so you'll want to get it before you do the mod.
Also a pipe/silencer and a higher flow filter help too.

250EXking
07-02-2003, 08:13 AM
yeah the 250ex is like a recon. just more tweaked out of the factory. yeah a pipe, filter and jet kit. all will help

Silverfox@C&DRacing
07-02-2003, 09:42 AM
I would have to agree pipe, filter, jetkit :D

400ex1999
08-25-2003, 11:49 AM
buy stuff for over the internet at www.highlifter.com supertrapp ids k&n stuff like that, its all there

4TraxRider
08-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Smaller and lighter tires will make it accelerate a little quicker and feel sportier.

swamprider7
08-25-2003, 01:39 PM
We put a FMF megamax, uni filter and ground the snorkel tube on my buddy's recon. I honestly have never seen a quad respond so well to being piped and jetted. It was like a totally different quad. They must be really choked off with the factory filter and pipe. My 400 had nowhere near the difference in power with a pipe and jet kit compared to stock. I am not B.S.ing you when I say this either. It gained 6 mph over stock top speed. I know that many people say that you can't change top speed without changing the gearing and that is true on some quads. For example, my 400 did not even gain 1 mph top speed compared to stock when I added a pipe, it just got to top speed faster. The recon on the other hand, it went from 46mph top speed to 52mph top speed (with stock 22" tires). We tested it along side my friend's CBR600 F4i that has a digital speedo before and after the mod to be sure. I think that with the stock pipe and filter, it just doesn't let the motor rev to its full potential. It is still no drag quad, but it made a noticeable differance and was well worth the money.