PDA

View Full Version : jump

300exlunatic
07-01-2003, 06:30 PM
need help on jmps

racerx573
07-02-2003, 01:01 AM
What kind.....

The style/technique is different for every jump. Very few jumps are the same...

speedy400
07-02-2003, 07:55 AM
I thought you guy's would yell at me if i made another thread about this so I'm just going to tage along with this one. the problem I have is I can clear almost every double jump but it takes many many laps to get the balls o just hit it..I know it really just takes time to get used to doubles, but any help on making that time go by faster?btw, no I am not willing to get bigger balls...:eek: -darren

300exlunatic
07-02-2003, 09:24 AM
what bout xc jumps im trying to build a minitur trak

TRX_Thumper
07-03-2003, 07:00 AM
there really is no xc jumps..i mean yeah theres motocross sections an all on some of the tracks but...

YZEATER
07-03-2003, 07:31 AM
try to follow someone around and maintain there speed. after you do them you'll say to yourself now why didn't i do that sooner. but you have to be commited.

roostin_dale
07-04-2003, 10:13 AM
I use to have that problem..i would just jump the double half way till i would get use to it.

Now i just nail the throttle and hope to hell i make it!!
Gotta crash to learn!

Rip_Tear
07-04-2003, 11:09 AM
When do you guys let the clutch back out? Once your on the landing or afterwards?

07-06-2003, 05:25 PM
uhh... ur supposed to pull ur clutch in???

400exmom
07-07-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
uhh... ur supposed to pull ur clutch in??? yeah what he said

Rip_Tear
07-07-2003, 12:50 PM
Its a good idea to pull your clutch in because it will help keep you level, and if your landing is rough you are less likely to snap your chain :D

MxDale71
07-07-2003, 02:17 PM
The only time I pull in the clutch while in the air is if I'm gonna tap the rear brakes. I use my body weight to make the small adjustments in the air, and if you stay on the gas, you will speed up right when you hit the ground and it makes for smoother landings. Pulling in the clutch means you role for a little bit and that could cost you a fraction of a second. Add up that little fraction of a second on all the jumps and throughout all the laps and you start to gain seconds on the track. A few seconds may not seem like a big deal but it could mean the difference between winning and losing.

07-08-2003, 02:38 AM
^ i agree!

bansheeguy77
07-08-2003, 03:33 AM
the not having big enough balls problem is lack of confidence. you dont think you or your quad could do it. i was the same way, ya just gotta work on it. its best to start out on smaller doubles and work your way up to learn form and that stuff. and if there is somebody to follow over the big jumps follow them. and ive never pulled the clutch in on a jump in my life. if im air wheelying ya just push down on it. but nose diving hit hte gas and pull up. when i jump i always use alot of body english and im always feathering the throttle. right before ya land ya should get back on the gas.

Flip)(stick
07-08-2003, 06:20 AM
And dont let the gas of on the lip of the jump o.O usually pitches ya forward

MxDale71
07-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Good tip too. Don't EVERY hesitate. If you aren't committed to doing the jump, don't do it. Be steady on the throttle, keep your ***** off the seat, elbows up, and lean back a little. Bansheeguy made a good point too. Work up to the bigger jumps. Work on those little 10 footer till you're comfortable and then move up to a little 20 footer and so on and so forth. Don't ride over your head cause thats what I did when I first got started and I got a reputation for riding crazy and wrecking a lot. Take your time, because if you try to rush your progress, you'll just end up on the sidelines w/ an injury and then it'll just take you even longer.

Learn to ride smart... when I did, I got much faster in a much shorter period of time than I ever had before.