PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION PayPal users!!!!

mxdave28
07-01-2003, 04:06 PM
I hope i can catch some of you paypal users before you fill this thing out!!!
i got a email june 14th from this addy...Yni322t0-INFORMATION-UPDATE <yni322t0-INFORMATION-UPDATE@paypal.com> ....and inside this email which looks like the real thing right down to the paypal symbols and trademarks BUT ITS NOT!!!! the email consists of this...Dear PayPal Customer,This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by PayPal to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.
The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 3 months.
Please confirm your email address and credit card information by logging in to your PayPal account using the form below: and then it has several boxes asking for your
Email Address:
Password:
Full Name:
Credit Card #:
Exp.Date(mm/yyyy):
ATM PIN (For Bank Verification) #:
and then the "log in" button below.....of course im thinking yea right like im filling that out!!!:eek2: so i just got off the phone with PayPal and had asked them if this was a ligit email from them, guess what....NOT! they will never ask that nor email asking for info like this, if they need something from you, when the next time you log on the very first page will have the info they need and a link from there AND if they do send an email it WILL have your NAME not "paypal customer" even if you used your middle intial(sp) it will have that as well....please do not fill this out or anything for that matter!!!! i hope this catches someof you before ya fill it out.
P.S. if you ever get something like this for paypal forward that email to paypal@accessviolation

Black400
07-01-2003, 04:07 PM
ya someone else posted that awhile back i think:confused:

mxdave28
07-01-2003, 04:20 PM
well of course i never thought of that....so i just did one, i typed in paypal and only 29 things came up and nothing about a email scam except the one i just did.....i think that was the smallest response ive gotten through a search...usually get 8 million finds hehehe

CBRSLIDER
07-01-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate one rider lookin out for the other.:D

Ray

crazybuffalo
07-01-2003, 05:36 PM
thanks for the info i got that a while back but ignored it since i hadnt registered with them yet

mxdave28
07-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Boy talk about getting the email Bass Ackwards:rolleyes: the email addy for paypal if your reporting a fraud email. is this.... accessviolation@paypal.com in fact i got another email today..same thing but different sender.