PDA

View Full Version : best pressure washer

Chanman420q
07-01-2003, 03:34 PM
whats the best pressure washer for the money. Not lookin to spend a lot but something to get the job done, nothing electric... if they make those :huh . im just tired of scrubbing my quad to death when it just gets completely dirty again 5 mins later. And after watching my friend use a pressure washer on his bird cage i cant imagine how nice its gunna look! and take 1/10 of the time!

quader400
07-01-2003, 03:38 PM
dont use pressure washers. when you use a pressure washer it has so much power that is sprays the greese right out of all your joints. unless you plan on greesing after every pressure wash i suggest use the hose. i used one for awhile and took off my rear pivot bolt and it didnt come out. lets just say i had to get a new one and leave it at that.

lars
07-01-2003, 03:50 PM
best i have found is honda for power washers but i agree i use a garden hose on my quads just get it wet soak it it works good :cool:

07-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by quader400
dont use pressure washers. when you use a pressure washer it has so much power that is sprays the greese right out of all your joints. unless you plan on greesing after every pressure wash i suggest use the hose. i used one for awhile and took off my rear pivot bolt and it didnt come out. lets just say i had to get a new one and leave it at that. :huh i use a pressure washer after every ride....i dont have a problem with grease coming off everything.......i have no problem what so ever at all with using a pressure washer...takes all of the dirt off...makes bike look new again....just grease your chaing after every wash becasue thats the only thing that my power washer takes grease off of is my chain...and your suposed to grease your chain after every ride..so i dont realy see a problem here

I-7
07-01-2003, 04:10 PM
I have a honda 5 hp which works great. There is different caps that effect the power so the most powerful one is like at the car wash but you can also make it alittle more powerful than a garden hose. I forgot how much money it was, not too bad though is what i know.

07-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
I have a honda 5 hp which works great. There is different caps that effect the power so the most powerful one is like at the car wash but you can also make it alittle more powerful than a garden hose. I forgot how much money it was, not too bad though is what i know. i have this washer too...it works great..and chanman, STAY AWY FROM ELECTRIC....they work good but they are a ***** to hook up every time and you need a 220 plug

lars
07-01-2003, 04:18 PM
put the zero tip on one of them big honda units and she might stripe the paint off a car even. i have blown shutters clean off houses with em :D

Chino
07-01-2003, 04:30 PM
i just bought a brand new troy bilt 6.5 hp 2345psi 2.0 gpm it works great gotta be careful with the settings on it u dont want to much pizazz or it'll eat ur stickers...... btw it was 289 bux

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-01-2003, 04:36 PM
I have a Honda 5hp Power Washer...works great.

TeamC&GRacer
07-01-2003, 04:37 PM
yeah i got a honda one, about 300-400 bucks.. its awesome! leaves the quads spotless! yeah this thing will def chip paint off cars and rip your stickers off :( ... yeah i dont have a problem with the grease, just try not to aim them at the joints and you will be fine.. :macho :macho :blah:

07-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by lars
put the zero tip on one of them big honda units and she might stripe the paint off a car even. i have blown shutters clean off houses with em :D yea, it definatly takes spray paint off:huh

Chanman420q
07-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
chanman, STAY AWY FROM ELECTRIC....they work good but they are a ***** to hook up every time

ya thats why i said that in my first post, i dont gotta worry about stickers, i aint got none :cool: and i know not to point at the bearings cuz ive heard of people blowing them out :eek:

Martin Blair
07-01-2003, 06:56 PM
any gas one but in the morning when i got to piss that work good to

hondafox440
07-02-2003, 04:25 AM
I have that 5HP Honda with the interchangable tips. Works awesome. The green one works best for cleaning the bike and quad, and the yellow one for cars. Be careful with it though, my dad stripped some clearcoat off my sister's Eclipse with it..

EXracer8604
07-02-2003, 04:38 AM
I have an electric 2000 psi pressure washer, i also have a gas powered honda 3000 psi pressure washer, i guess its all what i feel like hooking up to wash my bike.