PDA

View Full Version : A few pics from LBL last weekend

marksuttonjr
07-01-2003, 11:48 AM
Spent this past weekend at LBL. Got a few pics, but it keeps telling me that they are too big and I don't want to edit them to post. It was prety dusty, but we had fun.

Here is the only pic that I could get to post on here. My truck, my Rancher, Chesters 400EX, Oapies 400EX, and the hard to see utility is Chesters Honda 200

remlapr
07-01-2003, 12:12 PM
resize them - I love LBL :D I'll be back down there in two weeks :D And if it's too hot I'm driving my bike into the lake and jumping in.

Rip_Tear
07-01-2003, 12:22 PM
send them here, I will resize them for ya :D raydox@sympatico.ca

The first pic was good enough :D

Bill Fuller
07-01-2003, 12:46 PM
I hope that while you were there you went to the meeting Sat at 5:30.If not than the next time you go ask about what you can do to help keep the place open:mad: US Forestery trying to close it down(NEPA to be exact).I live about 1 hour from there.We go ther every couple of weeks(if it rains).Sounds like to me from what they were saying is if they can't find a successfull program to model LBL after than thry will be shuting her down.:mad: Man they have been taking areas away from us at the bay left and right,when TVA handed it over I knew then it would only be a matter of time.

remlapr
07-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Bill - I've heard the same things, but I've heard the director down there is pro-atv and has been talking about building shower houses, ect if they can get though the current problems. If you hadn't heard they are also making a big push to close Livingston and there is a group trying to get all OHV use in the Daniel Boone National Forest shut down :mad:

I'm going to be down there the 19th-20th with probably 50 people from kentuckyriders.com. Let me know if your going to be down there that weekend...

Bill Fuller
07-01-2003, 01:05 PM
The one thing they stressed is forget building ANYTHING until they get a 5 yr plan in place.I don't know about that weekend like I said if it don't rain a day or so prior I'd rather be fishing(to dam dusty)But I'll keep you in mind don't forget to remind me,I suffer from short term memory loss:bandit: As far as D.Boone they said they have already shut down trails and whats left is one way traffic and marked trails.

Castor-426ex
07-01-2003, 05:22 PM
i got a new riding spot in ky called paddys bluff retreat...its really close to fredonia ky and eddyville....really good riding....they dont care about anything but major drinking....they want you to have fun....costs 10 bucks a rider 5 bucks for passengers helmets optional....they have food, and a free primitive camp site

650 acres and its new....everything that can be rode off road is welcome

they have been opened since march i think and for the 4th of july they are having fireworks and a live band...

all of the trails are well groomed, and they are still adding more and more

mud flats, mud pits, a flat track an mx track is coming soon

hill climb sections and more

i rode it last weekend and i think its better than lbl....if it isnt It will be

marksuttonjr
07-02-2003, 07:30 PM
I'll attempt to resize the pics Fri. when I'm at home then I'll post a few more. The pic that I already posted was probably the best of what I've got. None of them are action shots. Just a few pics of the guys in the group swimming, and pics of the quads sitting in different places along the trails. It was way too dusty to try to get action photos.

We didn't know about the users meeting until it was over so I didn't get to go to it. They have already closed a few trails on the place. I realy liked running that creek along the boundary, but it's closed now. I'll be back down there Labor Day weekend so I'll talk to them about what is needed to keep the place open then.

On a little different note I think that someone got hurt prety bad Sun. afternoon, because there was an ambulance going in as we left.

littlemiss
07-27-2003, 05:15 PM
May i get direction, Castor Ive been riding in turkey bay dont like the price for what little is there.Also ride in linton nothing but swaps...lol Can u get a weekend pass?:D

Castor-426ex
07-27-2003, 06:33 PM
pm me your mail addy i will mail you a flyer

Yellow Nuts
07-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Send them to tasmith68@earthlink.net and i'll resize them for ya