PDA

View Full Version : Pappy, or other powder coaters

4TraxRider
07-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey, I just got a white Z-400, and am going to send the frame out to be PC'd a dark blue. Wondering if you can post a few pics of some blues, with metal flake or something purdy. And how much is a PC'd frame like that going for these days with you pappy?

Pappy
07-01-2003, 09:44 AM
i dont have a bunch of solid blue pics....especially with flake in them. i do a ton of the translucent blues which is a 3 layer powder. best bet is to call around for local pricing and ask for samples and if they can do the exact color scheme you would like. my favorite blue is ...well...just about any blue:p

i wouldnt get to hung up on the flake as a must have. its very hard to see them once the quad is all assembled. my frame has a ton of it and is only noticable when the sun hits just right. do a bit of talking to whoever you get to pc the frame and im sure youll be happy.

frames run anywhere from 150 to over 500 dollars depending on who and where. best of luck to ya and post a pic when its all done:D

4TraxRider
07-01-2003, 09:57 AM

Black400
07-01-2003, 10:00 AM
before you do it i would get that frame gusseted:o

07-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Black400
before you do it i would get that frame gusseted:o

yeah, check your frame for cracks , if u find any buy a new stock frame get it gussested and pced otherwise your wasting your money, if its not cracked get it gusseted for sure

4TraxRider
07-01-2003, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I got a brand new one, haven;t rode it yet. Took it apart that night to send it out soon, to have PC and gusset. And sending engine out in a few weeks. Waiting for everything to be done right the first time, not like my EX. Still love the old dog though, keeps me smilin.