PDA

View Full Version : slip-on questions.

motoboy66
07-01-2003, 05:13 AM
I'll make this easy, I need to know what 400EX slip-ons do not have springs between the canister and the mid pipe. I am looking for pipes like the FMF PC IV, where the canister and the pipe are welded or bolted together.

Thanks

Todd

Pictures will be great as long as they are the real pipes on the ex. Some of the pictures on the websites are not the EX pictures.

hondarider2006
07-01-2003, 06:27 AM
I don't know of any 4-stroke models that have springs between the canister and mid pipe. I thought that only 2 strokes have springs?:huh

400EXRIDER
07-01-2003, 06:42 AM
my white bros r4 has 2 springs to the slip on, to the header pipe

UglyMotha™
07-01-2003, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by 400EXRIDER
my white bros r4 has 2 springs to the slip on, to the header pipe

yup, but that's not the head pipe the springs are holding the canister to that is the mid pipe and then there is a clamp that holds the mid pipe to the head pipe

I don't know of any 4-stroke models that have springs between the canister and mid pipe. I thought that only 2 strokes have springs?

i think a t-4 full system also has springs and i do believe that the yoshi full system also has springs, i'm not sure though i can't think of any others off the top of my head

but i dunno why you would want to stay away from those systems i think it's a good thing to have spring then it allows flex, just my opinion though :confused2

400EXRIDER
07-01-2003, 08:50 AM
oh ok sorry about that

RIDER11X
07-01-2003, 11:11 AM
CT racing Sonic has no springs, and some of the best gains in slip ons. See Dirt Wheels Shootout.;)

Stevie-D
07-01-2003, 02:12 PM
my stock trailboss silencer has springs:eek:

Evan400ex
07-01-2003, 02:23 PM
The T-4 (slip-on) doesn't have any springs. I think it gives you good low-mid power gains with a jet kit.

White_Knuckles
07-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Watchout for the pictures Web sites and Mags use. They often show the "slip-on" with spring hangers. This is mis-leading 'cause the ad photo is the full system's canister minus the head pipe(s). It's a shortcut to use any file picture they have around.

I've even seen pipe manufacture Websites displaying the wrong photo for slip-ons. :mad:

Call the manufacture to be sure.

motoboy66
07-01-2003, 06:24 PM
Thats what I though about the pics. As far as the springs it is just a personal thing. i am sure that the springs work just fine, but it is somewhere else for mud to get caught. i don't know that this happens, but i just want to stay away from the springs. Thanks

Todd

thejeepdude
07-01-2003, 06:29 PM
I love my HMF. No springs. Awesome bottom-mid increases and good on top too. Oh yeah, and it sounds AWESOME with the quiet core installed. :D

Martin Blair
07-01-2003, 06:49 PM
whats wrong with springs, mf has none, wb eseries has good slip on gains and has none, also tc racing has great low end and has none. Also the new lrd slip ones are great i love my lrd pipe the new style has as much or more power then a sparks jetted right.