PDA

View Full Version : Duals

JLanphear
07-01-2003, 04:15 AM
I hadn't seen this, but I'm sure it's probably worked it way around here before. Either way here is a link for dual exhaust kits for the 400ex and other quads...

http://lteracing.com/allmodelspics/honda/honda.shtml

Nothing I would buy, but it does look kinda cool.

http://lteracing.com/gallerypics/ATV/gallery-5-atv-long.jpg

hondafox440
07-01-2003, 04:20 AM
Looks sweet. I don't know how functional it is but I bet it cuts down on the noise a little..

wilkin250r
07-01-2003, 04:26 AM
I agree it looks pretty dang cool. I'd like so see some detailed pictures of the second headpipe to see how it is routed.

I don't feel like calling them, anybody got any idea on price?

XANDADA
07-01-2003, 04:35 AM
They all look sharp, I really like how the Polaris duals look though.

JLanphear
07-01-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I agree it looks pretty dang cool. I'd like so see some detailed pictures of the second headpipe to see how it is routed.

I don't feel like calling them, anybody got any idea on price?

I bet the price would knock you over backwards...hehe....Looks like it comes with an aluminum airbox and a few other things so that alone is some coin :eek2:

hondafox440
07-01-2003, 04:41 AM
My guess is like 1200$ for the setup..

Evan400ex
07-01-2003, 05:33 AM
I e-mailed them asking for the price of the dual exhaust. Also, I asked them how many ponies it put out over the stock exhaust.

Scott-300ex
07-01-2003, 05:59 AM
the cheaper and easier way is to keep your tool kit on your ex and tell people to stay far away from you and they will think it is dual exhast:D

07-01-2003, 06:03 AM
I wanna see what them pipes look like after somebody airs that predator out on a big jump...:eek2:

Looks cool as hell but I don't see anything special except and empty wallet and alot of noise...:ermm:

JLanphear
07-01-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Looks cool as hell but I don't see anything special except and empty wallet and alot of noise...:ermm:

I hear that...I don't care much for the 400ex ones, but the Raptor and Z400 setup look sweet. Nothing that appeals to me though as far as practicality. The guy has a good idea though, there are a lot of people that are into things like that...those people would buy them even if they hurt performance :rolleyes: .

Oh and typically when you see "Call for pricing" it means that somebody is verbally going to tell you to sit down and take a deep breath before telling you the price. :p

-Josh

hondarider2006
07-01-2003, 07:01 AM
pretty sharp looking. But my wallets thin enough as it is:(

L.Vegas400
07-01-2003, 09:37 AM
im in the process of building a dual exhaust for the 400. i have one exhaust cut up and need another stock header for the other side. the thing is, mine is not gonna have a silencer for either side, talk about wicked loud...

UglyMotha™
07-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400
im in the process of building a dual exhaust for the 400. i have one exhaust cut up and need another stock header for the other side. the thing is, mine is not gonna have a silencer for either side, talk about wicked loud...

can you say vegas redkneck :huh

RIDER11X
07-01-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex
the cheaper and easier way is to keep your tool kit on your ex and tell people to stay far away from you and they will think it is dual exhast:D
Yea, your right. I saw that before as a tool can of sorts. If someone wants duals, they need a V Force.:D

L.Vegas400
07-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
can you say vegas redkneck :huh
exactly:cool:

quader400
07-01-2003, 01:28 PM
well i think i figured out why you need the aluminum air box if you guys havent yet its because the battery and stuff would be in the way of the other exhaust pipe if it was there.

Crawl69
07-01-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by L.Vegas400

kiss your exhaust valves goodbye

mx400
07-01-2003, 03:17 PM
i like the ones on the rap and the pred but the pred ones are gona get mangled if you jump it big time. the 400 one looks fugly. great idea though

speedy400
07-01-2003, 03:18 PM
I am also working on duals, i have everything i need and everything ready for all a cost of 50 bucks for the tubing plus many hours polishing the aluminum tubing i got for the scilencers, all I need to do now is get the header bent, its almost impossible unless you have this one tool with a extra spectial fitting for it, i've called EVERYWHERE noone can bend that 180 turn off the head.:mad: I'll figure something out-darren

hawiianpwr
07-01-2003, 04:22 PM
heres another dual kit I found. Looks pretty cool but it doesnt look like its that well made

http://www.ddracing.com/show_item.asp?ID=746

Martin Blair
07-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Crawl69
kiss your exhaust valves goodbye

yep, got a price bakc on taht wet? i wonder how power would be

L.Vegas400
07-01-2003, 07:21 PM
i would like to hear a good reasonable explination on why the exhaust valves would go. almost any after market pipe is strait through with no baffles. granted there are perferations(sp?) in the silencer, but it is larger inside than the head pipe. all that is changing is you are running each valve through a seperate pipe instead of both through one. someone, somewhere, put in sombodies head that running open headers will screw up valves, but it wont. proven fact. (im not sure really on a quad, but it cant be much different.)

MITrail400EX
07-02-2003, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I've actually heard (and seen) an engine that had burnt valves from a SIMILAR situation. Not exactly the same, in reality not even close. The 307 Olds motor in question was started and allowed to run for 15 minutes with no exhaust what-so-ever. This means no mufflers, pipes, or headers. It ended up with a nasty burnt exhaust valve on 2 cylinders. See what happens under normal conditions it that the exhaust flow through the headers is moving so fast that it creates a small vacuum. This pulls the hot exhaust gasses through the valve and port faster, in effect creating a "cooling" of the valve. However, with no header in place, it is up to the pressure of the expanding gas to get itself out of the cylinder. Since it happens relatively slowly, the gas has longer to heat up the valve, thus increasing the chances of a burnt valve or seat. So therefore, by running without a muffler, you shouldn't have any problems except ringing in your ears and pissed off neighbors.

L.Vegas400
07-02-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by MITrail400EX
See what happens under normal conditions it that the exhaust flow through the headers is moving so fast that it creates a small vacuum.
this is true, i was gonna add that but forgot cause i was in a hurry. irragation engines at home run open headers 24/7 for weeks at a time with no ill effects. any others?

PHIL_B54
07-02-2003, 10:15 AM
http://www.ddracing.com/show_item.asp?ID=746

"This is a Twin Pipe design from the head back. Comes with twin aluminum silencers that are repackable. It will take the stocker from 67mph up to 78mph just with the pipes and sprocket change. Sprockets are not included in the price. "

hahaha, i can make a blaster go 100mph with a pipe and sproket change