PDA

View Full Version : Honda 2004 250R released

QuadTrix6
06-30-2003, 10:42 PM
Sorry if this is old news but I just went to look on service hondas web page for some new parts and saw this. It looks like a 250r engine in a 400ex frame. Has different features like it weighs 310 pounds, backward kick start, 5 speed, etc... They can build it for you with anyparts you would like. Seems interesting. heres a link

http://servicehonda.com/TRX250r.html

Got Huevos?
06-30-2003, 11:13 PM
all i got to say is...:huh :confused: :huh :confused: nothing more nothing less

07-01-2003, 12:55 AM
I bet we got 30 crybabies on here that have been belly achin about the 250R being gone and Not ONE of them will buy this quad.

Service honda did what everyone wanted and now I bet nobody will even buy the things. I here the retail is kinda high on them..but hey. People wanted it so there it is, go buy it...:cool:

MOUSE
07-01-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I bet we got 30 crybabies on here that have been belly achin about the 250R being gone and Not ONE of them will buy this quad.

Service honda did what everyone wanted and now I bet nobody will even buy the things. I here the retail is kinda high on them..but hey. People wanted it so there it is, go buy it...:cool:

i dont really want a 250r but for what they are asking for it it can set there and grow mold :eek2: for gods sake its a stock 400ex frame with a 250r motor, its not like they spent millions on r&d for this bike.

XANDADA
07-01-2003, 02:49 AM
I read somewhere they have a huge waiting list with down payments from over 200 people. Wish I could find where I read it, don't know if there's any truth to it...

I give it the thumbs up http://www.rriders.com/trx250r_forum/images/smile2/xyxthumbs.gif

gncc400exxx
07-01-2003, 05:34 AM
There is a review and test ride pics of service hondas 250r in the new issue of ATV Rider

D-4our
07-01-2003, 06:09 AM
im pretty sure the motor they used is a cr250, actually im positive.

QuadTrix6
07-01-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by D-4our
im pretty sure the motor they used is a cr250, actually im positive.

yea its a 5 speed

ledofthezep
07-01-2003, 08:54 AM
There is a review and test ride pics of service hondas 250r in the new issue of ATV Rider

so what did they have to say about it?:rolleyes:

freakystone
07-01-2003, 09:17 AM
SCREW THOSE GUYS!

I live close to Service Honda and I wont do business with them again. A couple years ago I bought a new 400EX from them and paid cash. I bought the warranty too. A few months later I learn that they kept the money for the warranty. I called them and email them and they were to much of a PPUUSSYY to call me back. I called HondaCare and they fixed it but admitted that the guys at Service Honda was screwing around with the deal. For that deal anyway, they were crooks!

I laugh when I read about them in the mags or people talk about them like a big dealer or something. They are in a very, very small old retail type store in Hammond, IN. I went in back to use the restroom and there was 3 or 4 guys sitting at computers doing nothing. It was kinda erie. Small, old set up. It is amazing how the internet can make a small company look big.

SCREW THOSE *****HOL3$

stiffy
07-01-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by freakystone
SCREW THOSE GUYS!

I live close to Service Honda and I wont do business with them again. A couple years ago I bought a new 400EX from them and paid cash. I bought the warranty too. A few months later I learn that they kept the money for the warranty. I called them and email them and they were to much of a PPUUSSYY to call me back. I called HondaCare and they fixed it but admitted that the guys at Service Honda was screwing around with the deal. For that deal anyway, they were crooks!

I laugh when I read about them in the mags or people talk about them like a big dealer or something. They are in a very, very small old retail type store in Hammond, IN. I went in back to use the restroom and there was 3 or 4 guys sitting at computers doing nothing. It was kinda erie. Small, old set up. It is amazing how the internet can make a small company look big.

SCREW THOSE *****HOL3$

Kinda how the magazines and stuff make Steve Abbott and Quad Central II look cool he's a crook the only thing he know's how to do is -BS- And they make Sandtechracing and Skip Yaro look cool he's an arrogant Pr!#% you can't bring anything to either of them once it takes 2 or 3 times to get one thing fixed right. they are good advertising for eachother.

balla250ex
07-01-2003, 10:22 AM
I would'nt mind havin a 250R motor no matter what it's in.

07-01-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by freakystone
SCREW THOSE GUYS!

SCREW THOSE *****HOL3$

alot of shops do that,usually the money for the extended warranty half goes to the shop half to the dealer but most of the time nothing breaks so they pocket 300 and give 300 to the shop and sometimes they get caught

if only they did this in 99, u know how many of these they would of sold? but why would anyone buy one now? look at all the other sport quads you have to pick from for less money, i was never interested in the 250r so maybe thats why

Giz400ex
07-01-2003, 10:43 AM
How much do they want for it??

LERaptor660R
07-01-2003, 10:45 AM
Kinda expensive, $9275. Check out the mod list you can get too. they valve the shock's for your weight.
That's awesome.

Giz400ex
07-01-2003, 10:57 AM
WOW...............OUCH!!!!!! You might as well say $10,000!!! Thats a crazy price for that!! You could build your own for less than that:D I didn't think it would be that much.

07-01-2003, 11:00 AM
theyd sell so many for 6400

bongwater200
07-01-2003, 12:30 PM
The CR250 engines that they're putting in those frames are coming from the CR500 conversions where they put a CR500 engine in a CR250 aluminum chassis. This leaves them with perfectly good complete 250 engines.

A few mod companies tried CR250 engines in quad frames way back in the early 1990's. Plain and simple, it did NOT work out too well. The CR250 engine lacks the torque needed for quad use, mostly because the internal gear ratios are not right. By the time you modify the engine to make sufficient torque, you lose the top end that makes the CR engine desirable. On top of that, it has no counterbalancer, making it shake like a whore in church.

Like I said.... this has all been tried YEARS ago, and lightly modified 250R's would walk all over the CR250 conversions. Service Honda will probably sell a ton of these things to people who will ultimately be disappointed by them. Service Honda doesn't give a rat's *** about ATVs and never will. They're just trying to make a quick buck off these CR250 engines.

QuadTrix6
07-01-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by bongwater200
The CR250 engines that they're putting in those frames are coming from the CR500 conversions where they put a CR500 engine in a CR250 aluminum chassis. This leaves them with perfectly good complete 250 engines.

A few mod companies tried CR250 engines in quad frames way back in the early 1990's. Plain and simple, it did NOT work out too well. The CR250 engine lacks the torque needed for quad use, mostly because the internal gear ratios are not right. By the time you modify the engine to make sufficient torque, you lose the top end that makes the CR engine desirable. On top of that, it has no counterbalancer, making it shake like a whore in church.

Like I said.... this has all been tried YEARS ago, and lightly modified 250R's would walk all over the CR250 conversions. Service Honda will probably sell a ton of these things to people who will ultimately be disappointed by them. Service Honda doesn't give a rat's *** about ATVs and never will. They're just trying to make a quick buck off these CR250 engines.

Hmm you got some good points

Atreyu
07-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Wayyy too much $$ :eek2:

QuadTrix6
07-01-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
Wayyy too much $$ :eek2: 4

Plus TAX :eek2: :(

07-01-2003, 02:45 PM

whoa he is smart, it must be the bongwater:(

tants
07-01-2003, 03:05 PM

:eek2:

bongwater200
07-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
whoa he is smart, it must be the bongwater:(

Yep.... its just CHOCKED full of vitamins and minerals that a boy needs to grow big and strong! Uh.....er something?

Some guys haven't been around long enough to remember the experiments with the CR250 engine. Hell.... nobody had heard of Service Honda back then, if they even existed at that time? Some of the best engine builders out there tried it. It just never worked out as well as they thought, because of the gearing more than anyone. I suppose if someone was a good enough machinist and had WAAAAAAAY too much time on their hands, you could make your own gears with more quad-oriented ratios, and the thing would haul ***.

07-01-2003, 03:24 PM
what frame were they puttin the cr 250s in?

bongwater200
07-01-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
what frame were they puttin the cr 250s in?

Mostly TRX250Rs. I even saw one in a LT250R chassis once. They also used to put CR125 engines in Blaster chassis every now and then.

If you want to put a motocross bike engine in a quad frame, you have to use either a CR500 or a KTM 500-550. They SHAKE like no tomorrow, but man-o-man do they go like a streak of ****! Gear ratios don't mean as much with THAT much torque.

Honda4trax250x
07-01-2003, 03:54 PM

wow:eek2: