PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestar vector boots?

Black400
06-30-2003, 07:31 PM
I was just wondering what you guys think about them(im looking for a new boot and got a good price on these)? Are they comfortable? etc....:confused:

infantry317
07-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Love mine, nuff said. :D

FourFiftyFour
07-01-2003, 02:17 PM
I love my vectors.... really comfortable and lightweight.. i have narrow feet so I have to have more of a tennis shoe fit to any shoes i wear so I got the Vectors and they are awesome and everyone compliments them too... that is when they are washed hahaha :blah:

hondafox440
07-01-2003, 02:22 PM
My friend has them and swears by them. I don't fit in his so I can't give you a first hand opinion but they look good, and he loves them.

FourFiftyFour
07-01-2003, 02:26 PM
The only thing is gettin used to them..... my feet slipped off the pegs a lot... and a couple ppl complained about the same thing..... but when u get used to them.... then its fine...... i dunno maybe me and the couple of ppl who had those problems were ridin with some worn down pegs...... cuz i was slippin a lot when i was ridin a diff quad than i am now

infantry317
07-01-2003, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I could see the boots slipping if you didn't have sharp peg extenders. I copied a set of Daryl Rath's style of extenders, I love them too!
Good luck with whatever you buy ;)

dirtmomma
07-01-2003, 03:11 PM
Got myself a pair also & LOVE THEM!!!! Took me a while to break them in but now they are perfect!!:)

07-01-2003, 04:04 PM
i got the tech 6 ill tell you for a fact there the awesomest boots ive ever worn, there more comfy then sneakers

Black400
07-01-2003, 04:09 PM
i got the m6 boot is it a good boot? The reason i got the m6 over the vector is i didnt like the looks of the vector :tired:

Black400
07-02-2003, 04:14 AM
bump:grr:

OutlawEX
07-02-2003, 04:20 AM
I got the red and silver vectors. I love mine way better than the Tech series;)

thejeepdude
07-10-2003, 06:58 PM
I just tried on almost ever single boot there was at the local MX place... all the Alpinestars, Fox, Thor, etc... 6-7 brands or so. For me, it was between the Tech 8's and the Vectors. Well, just today I went back to the store and brought home the Vectors. There is not another boot on the market that is near the comfort of the Vector. I have wide Size 13 feet, and ALL the Tech models rubbed my ankles wrong. The salesman said he has had a pair of Vectors, 6's, and 8's, and he loves the 8's... AFTER wearing them with wet socks and a few weeks of breaking them in. Well, no break-in needed for the Vectors, although I'm sure they will get even better with time. The main reason I didn't get the Tech 8's instead (besides the Vectors being so much more comfortable) was the price, and the fact that I don't feel I need quite that level of protection on a quad. If I was riding a dirt bike and draggin my foot everywhere, I probably would have sprung for the 8's.

310Rduner
07-10-2003, 07:02 PM
cool, glad you found some comfortable ones ya like..

If you've never ridden atvs while wearing boots you will be really surpised with the difference it makes in comfort and feeling safe.

You will prolly start going alot faster and feel more comfortable on the jumps.. its nice to be wearing boots when you land hard.. the pegs can get to HURT after awhile lol.

dirtmomma
07-11-2003, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
cool, glad you found some comfortable ones ya like..

If you've never ridden atvs while wearing boots you will be really surpised with the difference it makes in comfort and feeling safe.

You will prolly start going alot faster and feel more comfortable on the jumps.. its nice to be wearing boots when you land hard.. the pegs can get to HURT after awhile lol.

I totally agree here, I used to ride w/o boots on my utility quad but then when I got them I can't ride w/o them cuz I jsut don't feel as safe like 310rduner said. I have weak ankles so the Vecotrs hold them nice & yes thye will get broke in w/ riding I never got mine soaking wet to break them in. Glad you got some you like!!:cool: