PDA

View Full Version : My first race!

nateftbl
06-30-2003, 05:13 PM
I ran my first race last sunday at salem IL. I have only been riding for about 3 or 4 weeks and really only have rode on the weekends a couple times. Ive never been on a track untill this sunday, but man did I love it! I got 12 out of 18 the first moto and was in 9 passing for 8th and 2 guys were right ahead of me but I lost grip from horrible arm pump and fell off the back of my quad on a double. Im hooked for life though! Little bruised up but Im going to st. gen MO on the 12 to see what I can do there. Thanks for all the help you all on this site have given me! Thanks

Moto92
06-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Hey man, Im the guy that sat under your tent with you most of the day. It has to be you because I know nobody else fell off the back of the quad doing those doubles, LOL. I didnt have a clue you were an exrider. This is the first post Ive made in a few monthes. Thats the problem with moving to the country and not having cable internet anymore.
I know today was a rough day at work for me, I can barely sit and get back up. Guess I shouldnt take anymore three month gaps between my races. Shoot me an email if you want to practice this weekend. Like I said Im really wanting to check out St. Gen otherwise I usually go to Little Egypt. I dont really know of any other tracks to practice on.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by nateftbl
I ran my first race last sunday at salem IL. I have only been riding for about 3 or 4 weeks and really only have rode on the weekends a couple times. Ive never been on a track untill this sunday, but man did I love it! I got 12 out of 18 the first moto and was in 9 passing for 8th and 2 guys were right ahead of me but I lost grip from horrible arm pump and fell off the back of my quad on a double. Im hooked for life though! Little bruised up but Im going to st. gen MO on the 12 to see what I can do there. Thanks for all the help you all on this site have given me! Thanks isnt arm pump a beeitch:p :o ...... congradulations, sounds like you done real good for being your first race and a new rider...;)

one300exer
07-09-2003, 07:37 AM
hey nate, I raced with you at Salem. My number is 98 Red 300 ex. This is my first season of races. I'm hooked as well. I've won once and got second once. Just let us Paul, Richie, or me know if u wanna go to St. gen with us

2003 300 ex #98
Pro Circit Pipe
Ac racing nerfs
K&N Power package
Durablue Wheel Spacers