PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Valley-small local track

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:04 PM
This was my first time actually @ a MX event. Would be better with more quads. Talked to a few of the guys racing, and they said MOST of the people involved with this track hate the ATV classes. It's all about the BIKES! :blah: I went to see quads. There were only 2 motos of quads.....about 15-20 total machines. Here are a few pics I snapped. I have no idea who is who, or what is what (classes) sorry, hope ya like the pics anyway. Take notice of this Predator....got one of him WAY up over a tabletop.

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:06 PM
only saw 2 guys clearing this one...... BTW, that is a gyrl on the purple LT250. She looked pretty good out there running with the guys.

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:10 PM
This guy wishes he could take this start back..... Notice EVERYONE ELSE was ACTUALLY WAITING for the gate to drop before going!!!!!!!!!!

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:13 PM
The track has been modified due to numerous injuries......too many guys trying the big doubles and triples.....and coming up WAY short. Now, there are only....ahhhh.....ZERO doubles or trips. All big tabletops now, with one real nice triple step-up.

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:14 PM
;

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:16 PM
Here is the nice step-up. The guy on the Predator was the only one we saw clear this one. I missed it on film, sorry. It was awesome to see him jump over 2 other quads to the top of that. Big Ballz for sure.

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:20 PM
Here is one of the quad moto starts. Not many in this class.

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:21 PM
Little better group this start.......

SpeedBump
06-30-2003, 04:24 PM
He stalled on the line....that would suck BAD. Here he is gettin a real bad start....notice all the rest are long gone by now. Oh well, part of racing I guess. He will get em next time I'm sure. Hope ya liked all the pics.

crap-banshee32
06-30-2003, 05:04 PM
looks sweet, thats a nice track!!

racerx573
06-30-2003, 06:08 PM
I was there, lol. I wasn't racing, cuz I was injured. I was probly right around there when you took the first pic.

racerx573
06-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Oh yeah this is no small track, lol. we get riders from all over when regionals and LL area qualifiers come around.....round 1 of the State Champ. series usually draws 600 or more riders!!

Motocox
07-01-2003, 01:20 AM
Looks like a nice track. Where in PA is it??

Derek
07-01-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Motocox
Looks like a nice track. Where in PA is it??

Its in Johnstown PA. I just hope i can heal up for the next race there.

SpeedBump
07-01-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by racerx573
I was there, lol. I wasn't racing, cuz I was injured. I was probly right around there when you took the first pic.

Hey, you weren't the guy that thought I was wavin' at him, :confused2 were you? Here is a pic of what I WAS waving at!!! :macho Very nice indeed. Look on the far right side of the pic (if ya can pull your eyes away from the main interest :devil: )

racerx573
07-01-2003, 05:07 PM
The guy in the blue shorts is my friend Mark, I was walkin around w/ him because neither of us were racing. I had a black fox hat on, and a yellow shirt w/ #12 on it. lol.

SpeedBump
07-02-2003, 12:29 AM
LMAO!!!! Gotcha!!!!!

SpeedBump
07-02-2003, 12:34 AM
I was gettin the pic of the OLD GUY (45yrs old) on the 'Shee, and you got in the way AGAIN!!! J/K . You going to the next race? Me and some friends want to race, but I am too old.....(35) and outta shape....BAD. We may just rent the track for a day, to play around. Not real expensive, if ya got a nice group of guys.... we got about 15 at least wanting to go in on it. Anyway, later, gotta get to work.

racerx573
07-02-2003, 12:55 AM
Thats me alright!! HAHAHAHA THATS TOO FUNNY LMAO! Mr Faas (the Banshee guy) is one funny guy, glad to see older guys like him out there! And in the B class too!!!

racerx573
07-02-2003, 01:34 AM
Got anymore of me in there?

Tommy 17
07-02-2003, 04:46 AM
i hate pleasure valley raceway lmfao... that place is crap for quads... i use to ride there alot on bikes till i broke my leg on the down hill:(

speed bump where do u live????

i'm about 15 mins away from pleasure valley to the north west...

SpeedBump
07-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Got anymore of me in there?
Sorry, just those two. We missed most of the 1st moto, because we were checkin' out the 350X conversion quad. (as you can see from my sig, I am partial to them :D ) Anyway, I told him to give it hell for all the conversions, and he LET ME DOWN!!!! I found out after his moto, he crashed over by the whoops. (1st lap no less :mad: Oh well, better run next time I hope.

Originally posted by Tommy 17
speed bump where do u live????

I live close by in Belsano. My son lives in Hastings.

QuadJunkies
07-02-2003, 07:35 PM
nice pics.... why is it the guiys who race bikes are so dead set against us Quad racers anyhow?:huh We have the same thing here its like we are "rivals" are something....:confused: Arent we all in it for the same reason??? That track is sweet! How did the chick do?

SpeedBump
07-03-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
nice pics.... why is it the guiys who race bikes are so dead set against us Quad racers anyhow?:huh We have the same thing here its like we are "rivals" are something....:confused: Arent we all in it for the same reason??? That track is sweet! How did the chick do?

Sorry, but I was just happy to be there and really didn't get around to seeing who placed where. I remember seeing the guy on a 250R (yeah, that narrowed it down, :rolleyes: lol ) winning. As for who was actually first in class, and such, I would be lying to ya if I tried to answer. I tried to check online, but the stats for the race aren't up yet. On to the rivalry, the only things I think the bike guys have a problem with are........Quads are better lookin' (than bikes) :p Quad owners and riders are WAY COOLER! :macho Quads are WAY COOLER!!! And did I mention Quad owners and riders are WAY COOLER????!!!! :devil:

***disclaimer*** The last part of this post is meant to be a joke and not to be taken seriously. If you take any of the statements that were made in the last few lines to heart, and they offend you, then you obviously ride a motorcycle and are not as cool as the rest of the guys( and girls :D ) here that ride quads. ;) ;)

QuadJunkies
07-03-2003, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
Sorry, but I was just happy to be there and really didn't get around to seeing who placed where. I remember seeing the guy on a 250R (yeah, that narrowed it down, :rolleyes: lol ) winning. As for who was actually first in class, and such, I would be lying to ya if I tried to answer. I tried to check online, but the stats for the race aren't up yet. On to the rivalry, the only things I think the bike guys have a problem with are........Quads are better lookin' (than bikes) :p Quad owners and riders are WAY COOLER! :macho Quads are WAY COOLER!!! And did I mention Quad owners and riders are WAY COOLER????!!!! :devil:

***disclaimer*** The last part of this post is meant to be a joke and not to be taken seriously. If you take any of the statements that were made in the last few lines to heart, and they offend you, then you obviously ride a motorcycle and are not as cool as the rest of the guys( and girls :D ) here that ride quads. ;) ;) LOL!!!!!! Well, and Im assuming they dont like the thought of quads doing almost everything they are and some are even outjumping too....:p I think its totally stupid they are like that and I think quads need more respect all around and in the racing industry..... The pay outs are a joke....:rolleyes:

racerx573
07-03-2003, 10:57 AM
Yeah all of us quad guys get along and are pretty much best friends. We all try and park together and hang out. No one really doesnt get along, so it's all good. The guy w/ the red R (Mike Graff) is freakin fast, he's in the pic w/ me in it, he has the red puffy hair. He runs 250 A and Pro-Am at the GNC's and is usually top 15.

TC17
07-03-2003, 07:38 PM
i have to go out there sometime and check it out. do they have practice for quads? what days? my friend goes to practice on his bike. he likes it a lot. does Jeff Cernic own this track? i think he does, if he does then he designed the track purposedly so quads wouldn't do well and the bikes would. he hates quads. i talked to him and he said there's not enough time to do more than a couple quad classes. sure have 20 motos of bikes but only 2 quad classes? that's crazy. i think that's the right track i'm talking about. my friend said there were a lot of berms and bank corners. how long are the tabletops? think i could clear them? thanks.

racerx573
07-03-2003, 08:32 PM
They're easy to clear. Theres' 4 quad classes now. And as far as I know Jeff likes quads. I believe he used to race them. You can rent the track for $250 from 10am to 5pm. Jeff told me quads are always welcome and I should know that. He's a pretty cool dude in my book.

Derek
07-04-2003, 03:43 AM
I havent got to race the new PVR yet. I really am gona try to get out july 20th and race there. TC17, you should come up that day and race with us. It looks like a fun track.

TC17
07-04-2003, 07:15 AM
i really would but 2 days after the cast this thing will be like jello. i'll need a week or two to build it up and make it strong. maybe i'll come to watch.

SpeedBump
07-04-2003, 04:03 PM
You can rent the track for $250 from 10am to 5pm.

Is that weekdays, or any day they don't race, as in a Saturday or Sunday? If it is rented, that means ONLY the guys paying for it can run it, right? I got some guys who want to rent it for a day, but if others can run, then not interested. Heck, that is cheap, really for a day. Get 10 guys and only $25. We pay $15 for a lousy Poker Run at Dog Hollow, Madera or Ramey. I would rather spend the day bangin around at the track. :blah:
Oh, last ?????????? I got a buddy with an ATC250R (trike) can he run it there? Heck, if trikes are allowed, I will bring my 350X, and try to talk my brother into bringin his too. Gotta luv the trikes.

Derek
07-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by SpeedBump
Is that weekdays, or any day they don't race, as in a Saturday or Sunday? If it is rented, that means ONLY the guys paying for it can run it, right? I got some guys who want to rent it for a day, but if others can run, then not interested. Heck, that is cheap, really for a day. Get 10 guys and only $25. We pay $15 for a lousy Poker Run at Dog Hollow, Madera or Ramey. I would rather spend the day bangin around at the track. :blah:
Oh, last ?????????? I got a buddy with an ATC250R (trike) can he run it there? Heck, if trikes are allowed, I will bring my 350X, and try to talk my brother into bringin his too. Gotta luv the trikes.

If you do rent it then dont forget about me.;) :D

07-05-2003, 05:20 AM
Hell if ya rent it out, maybe i'll even come down and help ya pay for it. Seems closer than rausch ta me:p

Derek
07-05-2003, 12:46 PM
Definatly!!! That would be cool as heck if you came and rode there with us. Im sure tommy would wanna ride there to. And if speedbump doesnt want us all there, im sure we could get enough to rent it out ourselves.

racerx573
07-07-2003, 12:40 PM
I think 5 guys on the track at a time...not sure if only 5 can come though....

I have a broken shoulder, so have fun if ya'll do rent it.