PDA

View Full Version : gncc???

dj416
06-30-2003, 03:05 PM
i raced my first cross country race this weekend and had a really good time dispite a really bad start. i ended up 7th out of 16 quads pluss passed a few bikes. the race was about 33 muiles total. i was just wondering abouth what the length of gncc races are and what u have to do to enter (cost, getting a number) and all tha other stuff. i've raced mx once and i had alont more fun in the cross country and would like to try a gncc race next year thanks

Smokey
07-15-2003, 08:45 AM
You can find all the info you need at http://www.gnccracing.com/

cdalejef
07-15-2003, 10:36 AM
You will end up running 2 to 2.75 hours in a GNCC if you finish. The cost is 40 to race and 10 to get in the gate. You must have an AMA/ATVA card to race which you can purchase at the track for $39 a year. All you do is show up, pick a class, and race.

TheQuadShop will pit for any new racers that need it!!!

MOFO
07-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop

Jeff, thats pretty damn nice of you guys to do that. Maybe I'll take you up on that someday when I can ride. :D

seriously, prop's to you guys for doing that...

dirtriderex
07-15-2003, 11:33 AM
Yeah that is pretty nice

AtvMxRider
07-15-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Jeff, thats pretty damn nice of you guys to do that. Maybe I'll take you up on that someday when I can ride. :D

seriously, prop's to you guys for doing that...

I second that. I really wish i could have met Jeff at the Patriot GNCC.

Joecool1264
07-15-2003, 12:40 PM
I went to Loretta Lynns for the time this year. It was great I have ever seen so many Quads. I saw stuff i had only seen in mags. On the way back from tech insp. I stopped Mike Pendland he was glad to pose for a picture with me, and even had time to visit. While we were walking the track Bill Balance came walking up from behind and just started talking like he was one of the guys. He even show us some hot lines. I have never met " Superstars" of any sport that were that down to earth. Not like Supercross, pay to get a pit pass then wait in line two hours for an autogragh from MC. Never again.XC for me.

dirtriderex
07-15-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah, thats what I like about quading, everyone is so friendly and don't act like competetive jerks.

popo
07-15-2003, 11:13 PM

You never pitted for me. Wheres the love?

ZRacer
07-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Yeah, I want jeff to pit for me:confused:

Pappy
07-16-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by ZRacer
Yeah, I want jeff to pit for me:confused:

cool....now i can come out and play:eek:

07-16-2003, 01:25 AM
pit for me my ***...i wanna run 2 laps and let Jeff finish the last 2 for me....:ermm:

ZRacer
07-16-2003, 01:26 AM
Sorry, But I want you too take more pictures.

cdalejef
07-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Yeah, I want jeff to pit for me:confused: I pit for the morning race! Fred pits for the afternoon race! Besides, I said NEW racers!!!

Pappy
07-16-2003, 01:57 AM
Sorry, But I want you too take more pictures.

im ordering a helmut camera....

i promise to follow you....until the last 200 yards:devil:

ILGNCC400EX
07-16-2003, 04:02 AM
Yeah...that is what i like about the GNCC's. You always met new friends. I just started last year at Loretta's. I had a bunch of STUPID QUESTIONS :rolleyes: every1 was really nice. I was waiting for them to say "hit the road dumb*****" Lol But it was just me and my wife be4 the race started i had ppl offering to help pit and loan me tires and everything! I don't take it too serious i am just out there to have fun.......

Top 3 goals

1.To finish
2.Not Be last
3.I don' leave in a helecopter!
then i am tickled to death!:D

Joecool1264
07-16-2003, 10:39 AM
You guys might not believe this, but last year while racing our in state series, I was running late to a race because of work, I arrived with 15 minutes to the flag jumped out ran to sign in. When I got back to my truck, my competitors had unloaded my bike, and were getting my riding gear out for me. I made it to the line only because of my buds. I made some good friends, really great people thats all I can say. Later Joe

cdalejef
07-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Joecool1264
You guys might not believe this, but last year while racing our in state series, I was running late to a race because of work, I arrived with 15 minutes to the flag jumped out ran to sign in. When I got back to my truck, my competitors had unloaded my bike, and were getting my riding gear out for me. I made it to the line only because of my buds. I made some good friends, really great people thats all I can say. Later Joe Yep, that happened to me this year at a district 15 race. We were coming up the road when everyone was on the line. They all told the flag guy to wait on us, even the guys in my class was telling him to wait.
I can honestly say that I enjoy going to the races more for all the friends that I have made over the years than the actual race itself!

cjpoole1
07-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by dj416
i raced my first cross country race this weekend and had a really good time dispite a really bad start. i ended up 7th out of 16 quads pluss passed a few bikes. the race was about 33 muiles total. i was just wondering abouth what the length of gncc races are and what u have to do to enter (cost, getting a number) and all tha other stuff. i've raced mx once and i had alont more fun in the cross country and would like to try a gncc race next year thanks
Where did you race at?

Joecool1264
07-16-2003, 03:41 PM
Yeah Jeff thats what I'm talkin bout. Great times. Good people.

cdalejef
07-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Yeah Jeff thats what I'm talkin bout. Great times. Good people. ;)

BUCK442
07-17-2003, 04:11 AM
Its amazing you meet the craziest people you will ever see and they become some of your closest friends for life. I met one of my bros on the trail practicing for an up and coming hs, he thaught he was the faster one until he tried to cath me.( now he kiks my ***) Since that day we have raced thousands of miles and traveled even more. He was even my best man at my wedding. About half of my quad is made up of his parts. Thanks a Million Foutchy Boy, I will have your parts back soon. Racing quads is the most fun I have ever had. Thanks for all the support both on the track and off to all my quad bros!!!

OCCRA288
07-17-2003, 04:13 AM
Yeah Jeff thats what I'm talkin bout. Great times. Good people.

Well you know what they say....."Bad Roads bring Good People."

cdalejef
07-17-2003, 04:14 AM
Oh no.......not that Matt guy! You must be a real looser!:p

BUCK442
07-17-2003, 04:29 AM
Yep, Ol Grouchy Foutchy. We call him that because he gets a little snippy after 14 hours on the road with me and Shepard. These are my people! We need some help getting Foutch outta retirement drop him a line @ email through the www.2fast2crash.com web site. That otta get him goin.:devil:

465Stroker
07-17-2003, 06:18 AM
Matt is a cool cat. I use to alway bust on him because he would be lined up next too me with his quad half covered in mud and about 10 tire plugs in each tire!:p Then he would go out and pull a top 3 finish!

BUCK442
07-17-2003, 08:05 AM
Yeah, Shep used to get all kinda pizztoff when Foutch would load his muddy as he}} quad into his nice clean trailer. We raced Sparta in 00 and Foutch was having rear brake caliper problems so he took everybit of it off, even the rotor and raced, I laughed at him until he come blazing by me on a down hill with sharp right hander, I thought to myself no problem he won't be able to stop and he will wipeout. No such luck he made the corner and finished 1 spot ahead of me in 3rd, He can ride the hell outta destryoed equip, He always says its not about the show its all about the go. We gotta get him back racing!

cdalejef
07-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Why did he stop?

BUCK442
07-17-2003, 08:10 AM
I forgot to mention that every time we loaded to go racing he had 4 flats because those plugs only slowed the leaks.:D

BUCK442
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Why did he stop?
I think it was a couple of things.

1. Brad Macri and him did battle many races and they were very close in points untill the dust bowl in OH, Foutch passed Macri for the lead and proceded to hit the next available tree, and he quit. He said if he couldnt win whats the point of eating all that dust. He has only raced twice since.

2. He purchased race quad #3 Suzuki, and states that you have to be a trained ASC certified mechanic to work on it. And he got a big promo at his job and did not have time for such madness.

3. He got engaged!!!:eek2:

4. Mastercard and Visa maxed out on aftermarket goddies for three quads.

5. He got engaged!!!!!:devil: PW for sure:eek:

rowlrag
07-20-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by popo
You never pitted for me. Wheres the love?
If you weren't stuck in mud for mag pics, we could help:eek2:

rowlrag
07-20-2003, 02:09 PM
I can honestly say that I enjoy going to the races more for all the friends that I have made over the years than the actual race itself! [/B]
I thought I was your only friend?:(

cdalejef
07-20-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
I thought I was your only friend?:( :ermm:

popo
07-20-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
If you weren't stuck in mud for mag pics, we could help:eek2:

And to tink I was gonna give you a dollar for the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif bar.

MojaveKing
07-21-2003, 10:53 AM
i would really want to come watch 1....but i am from....MN.....and when older race in um!!!

all right~!!!

rowlrag
07-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by popo
And to tink I was gonna give you a dollar for the http://users.iglide.net/gbelbeck/boobies.gif bar. Shooda givin me a dalla POPO:mad: