PDA

View Full Version : selling the 400

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 01:19 PM
i think i might just sell my quad its really pissing me off latly. chain is broken plastics are broke axle is bent a tinny bit cant tell at all but it it. my tires dont hold air. rear disk for the brakes is bent needs brakes again. and it doesnt have enough power to keep up with thy cousins v-force and alot of others quads. im not allowed to get any aftermaket parts for it my dad is being stupid and wont let me sais it makes them less reliable. the stearing stem plate where the handle bar camp is bent backwords. and i dont have a job to fix all this stuff. so i think im just gunna clean it up real nice and just sell it and probly not get another quad again.
i still owe like 2500 on it. didnt even have it a year yet. i hope i can sell it for like 3500. there is a nice 250r in the papershop but my dad wont let me get a 2 stroke quad. pretty much its falling apart its slow and it gunna stay that way. im gunna get rid of it i think. heres a pic of it fixed. ohh and th paint it chipping on the frame everywhere. and the front shocks are almost blown and they tick alot. the mount on the bottom. the bushing inside is worn really bad.

from this picture it has bandit front tires and polished cases.

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 01:20 PM

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 01:20 PM

Atreyu
06-30-2003, 01:26 PM
i would give you 2400 as is

06-30-2003, 01:27 PM
:o save uop money from doing misc. things around the house, or for your nieghbors and fix your quad, then save up and buy your own mods....the 400ex is not slow.....sure its slower than some of the new models out there but all you gotta do is get your suspension setup and a good set of tires and you will be plenty happy....

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 01:33 PM
thats just it im not allowed. i had the money for a curtis sparks x-4 i think it was off a guy i went riding with and it was 100 the whole pipe. and my parents wont let me get it. this quad it starting to get like junk i put so much money into it and its on replacement stock parts. i cant get a job anywhere anywhere because my school wont give me working papers untill i have a job and you cant get a job without working papers so im at a stand still. i need like 500 to make this quad look good again. the only thing on it that has nothing wrong with it is the motor. really getting to me. and i take care of it too. wash it alot. dont beat the heck out of it. just ride every day. sometimes i beat it to keep up with the bigger and better quads out there but thats it. i only wrecked it once. down a big hill only flipped once and rolled twice.

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 01:35 PM
and since i dont have a job my parents pay to fix it but then i have to pay then with cash to work off the money i owe and i am making payments on it i owe them like 1500. and the quad has 2500 left on payments.

ZRider400
06-30-2003, 01:47 PM
sucks to be u!:blah:

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 01:52 PM
yup you can say that. but when i do go riding im the best rider. i do every hill. every jump further then anyone else furthest wheelies. everyone looks up to me when we ride. cept i have the smallest cc quad. with nothing done to it but a filter. my cousin has the v force only 2 months old and hes getting dmc or yoshi exhaust and a bunch of other stuff.

ZRider400
06-30-2003, 01:57 PM
you sound like a kid we ride with:eek2:

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 02:03 PM
is that a bad thing or a good thing. dont get me wrong everyone else rides really good. were all crazy. when i ride im one with the quad i dont feel like im riding it i feel like i am it.

06-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
is that a bad thing or a good thing. dont get me wrong everyone else rides really good. were all crazy. when i ride im one with the quad i dont feel like im riding it i feel like i am it. :huh you sound like **** break from american pie 2:p j/k

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
:huh you sound like **** break from american pie 2:p j/k i cant see what you said. ahhaha yo my cousin sound exactly like stifler hahahaha

Black400
06-30-2003, 07:07 PM
sounds like your parents are ignorant :ermm: (no flame intended)

Martin Blair
06-30-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
thats just it im not allowed. i had the money for a curtis sparks x-4 i think it was off a guy i went riding with and it was 100 the whole pipe. and my parents wont let me get it. this quad it starting to get like junk i put so much money into it and its on replacement stock parts. i cant get a job anywhere anywhere because my school wont give me working papers untill i have a job and you cant get a job without working papers so im at a stand still. i need like 500 to make this quad look good again. the only thing on it that has nothing wrong with it is the motor. really getting to me. and i take care of it too. wash it alot. dont beat the heck out of it. just ride every day. sometimes i beat it to keep up with the bigger and better quads out there but thats it. i only wrecked it once. down a big hill only flipped once and rolled twice.

my dad dont let me mod my bike either but if i tlak to hima bout it he finaly says yes, all you really need is a pipe and filter, and rejetting, sav eup some money and fix your quad, just fix it with aftermaket parts, get the frame re pced just have your mom order the stuff or buy it yourslef and install it the what can your dad do about it?

KASCHAK
06-30-2003, 07:19 PM
my mom is deffenitly cool about it she wants me to make it loud and fast. i can kinda see why my dad dont want me to do nuttin to it. hes afraid its guna runn like chit. all my friends tried to put the stuff on and jet and everthing themselfs. i mean comon a 11 yr old jetting a carb. my dad has always been stuborn but wonce he gives in ill have this thing decked out. im getting my working papers soon and i should have a job within the week
:rolleyes: the only thing i can mod now is how the quad looks. plastics skid plates grafic kits handle bars tires. but thanks to everyone on here im gunan keep the quad and fix all the stuff. then hopefully ill be able to mod the heck out of it.

SGA
07-01-2003, 06:46 AM
How old are you and how responsible are you? From what you said about your quad, and your parents, I get the idea that you do not take care of things very well. You say your quad is only a year old, and its that rough? A bit of maintenance would have saved you most of the problems with your quad. Maybe your parents think that you will not take care of it the way you should, so they do not want to put any more money into it.
Thats what i'm seeing from your posts, but I might be wrong.

KASCHAK
07-01-2003, 08:20 AM
no your wrong. im not like that at all i always clean it i like detail it when i clean it. i regrease everthing about once a month. check the oil several times before and during a ride. the only reason all this stuff is like that i flipped it down a really big hill called big ben. i was climbing it and i went to burn it and the chain popped. so i was standing there holding it and this one guy was comming up to help me. i got it about 50 feet to the bottom of then hill and then i couldnt hold it anymore. it pulled me down the hill with it. there is alot of big rocks and such. the hilll is a big silt hill with one side all rocks then there is a path going up it and one comming down. and it flipped into the rocky part about 20 feet fron the bottom and landed on the front shocks and bars every time. i also think that the stock tourqe in the bar clamp is way to much i usually tignt it as much as i can then i give a quick pull. so when it rolls the bars get pushed down.

there was not one thing wrong with the quad untill that happened. platsics stearing stem plate. shock. axle. the tires not holding air is where the stem goes into the rim it leaks there. i need a new one. so i do take care of my stuff i just get a little stupid sometimes

sorry for the long post.

flyin#5
07-01-2003, 08:53 AM
well i dont have a job and i got a real good deal on my blaster... i like modding it out so i try to do everything i can myself. its cheap and fun. i also do a lot of work around the house then my dad pays for stuff that i need and want... like yesterday i got my tether kill switch....

4wheelboy
07-01-2003, 09:06 AM
I know how u feel my dad dint want me gettin a pipe untill i convinced my mom that loud pipes save lives an she convinced my dad in to leting me get one now all i have to do is buy it. an learn how to jet my carb