PDA

View Full Version : anyone using pinnacle 8

BlazingYamahaYz
06-30-2003, 11:54 AM
my dad said he would get me some video editing software today, outta the blue, just like "u need new software, lets go get some, i will take care of paying for it"...so i was like sweeeeeeeeet....so i went to compusa, compared a whole load of software, and decided on pinnacle 8 cuz of some stuff i had heard, and the features on it....AWESOME LOAD of effects, at first was a lil complicated to get started, but its pretty sweet software(to me)....anyone else using this software?? any thoughts???

stace609
07-01-2003, 06:59 AM
yea we got pinnacle when we got our laptop. it's pretty cool. we made some little movies with it. it crashes a lot tho. especially when you get a lot of clips in there. it has nice features though. i like using the timeline view, the music always gets messed up otherwise....

BlazingYamahaYz
07-01-2003, 07:31 AM
cool....i havent had it crash on me yet, just goes really slow when i am trying to load a new video project....have u put any vid's on dvds yet? how well does it work? and does it play in regular dvd players???

stace609
07-02-2003, 04:43 AM
we don't have a dvd burner, so we just did output to the vcr and taped the movies on cassetes. you are supposed to be able to burn the movies onto a cd, and it's called VCD for video cd...
the sales guy told us only some players play those, so we haven't tried it yet.
do you have a dvd burner? are you going to try it? i imagine the dvd would work on most players.

BlazingYamahaYz
07-02-2003, 05:16 AM
i have a DVD rom drive and then i have a secondary of a DVD+/-R, CD-RW....really nice...i have used video studio 7 and made and burned dvds easily...only thing is it took about 3-4 hours to create the videos cuz it had to convert them first....and the audio never was right....i turned the video(from the original tape) down and the music up, and you couldnt hear the music cuz the video volume was too high(kinda hard to explain, really stupid IMO)...im going to try to burn to dvd eventually, right now im working on a video for the fire department(i am the OFFICIAL videographer for trainings and such, but the Lt. wants to try and get me on some calls so i could get even better videos:D )

stace609
07-02-2003, 05:56 AM
sounds pretty cool.

we never had any trouble with the volume on pinaccle. the whole final product was pretty good. we had some goofy stuff just beacuse of the kind of video it was, like jetskiing, riding ,etc, but i bet you could make a really professional video using it.
good luck!:p

D-4our
07-02-2003, 06:21 AM
i just got pinnacle 8 about a month ago and i love it. Ive been using it to make a video that ive been filming for awhile now and it makes it so easy to work with, i love it.

BlazingYamahaYz
07-02-2003, 06:49 AM
have u had any problems where u the music u have HAS to be mp3 to play??? i have tried .wma, but they dont show up when i load music onto pinnacle...and then it still wont find some of my mp3 songs that I KNOW are there...o well so far not too many problems...

stace609
07-02-2003, 07:00 AM
we've only used music off of a cd. no problems with that, but i would recommend you wait till the end to put it on iff possible because if you add anything to it, you'll have to reload it beacuse it doesn't take the whole thing, only as long as your movie is. hope that didn't confuse you too much. :huh