PDA

View Full Version : Stock shocks for XC

dirtriderex
06-30-2003, 10:50 AM
I'm saving every penny for the new Honda that will come out some decade, so I don't want to buy new shocks. Can I adjust the front shocks so they absrb more because after a 2 hour harescramble my hands were completely numb. Thanks Ryan

toby400ex
06-30-2003, 11:33 AM
sorry, theres nothing u canreally do to make those things work better

northeast400
06-30-2003, 01:01 PM
well said, but try setting the preload softer if you don't bottom out

bmw500hp
06-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I'm saving every penny for the new Honda that will come out some decade, so I don't want to buy new shocks. Can I adjust the front shocks so they absrb more because after a 2 hour harescramble my hands were completely numb. Thanks Ryan

Dude,if it makes you feel any better, they day you get your shocks, no matter what brand, new or used, is like the same feeling the day you got your quad, it's like christmas when you get em!...Remember, 16" shocks will always have a place in the used market. And don't worry for a minute the 400ex will magically dissapear from the planet. New and used 400ex parts carry by far the largest buying audience in the aftermarket industry.

cheetah
06-30-2003, 02:57 PM
Just give in. You will thank yourself afterwards. And if ya get a different bike, just have them rebuilt for it and you don't have to buy shocks all over again.

Ex'r Marlin
06-30-2003, 03:48 PM
My two cents...
If you are an old fart like myself, definetly invest in aftermarket shocks if you are going to continue 2 hour races... You will be glad you did!:rolleyes:

Otherwise, depending on when the "new" Honda will be out, I would save your hard earned money for the new machine. In my opinion, if you can hang with the racers in your class with stock shocks, you are doing very well!:cool: If all you get is numb hands, you are doing great!!

Note: If you can find any aftermarket shock, new or used, at an affordable price to you, most likely you will be glad you made the investment... There is a night and day difference between the stock shocks and any aftermarket shock set to your riding style and weight.

Good luck!:)