PDA

View Full Version : mom needs help

400exmom
06-30-2003, 10:34 AM
UHH i smacked a tree at my last HS and bent my ty-rod..(running in circles) ive got a race sun. im pretty sure i can change it myself but how long is it gonna take to get it when i did my a_arms the lower one was on back order for2 freakin months. will someone have one in stock?? ill drive to get it>> let me know please.:confused: ...:( :(

AtvMxRider
06-30-2003, 10:50 AM
Are they stock tie rods or extended?

400exmom
06-30-2003, 11:16 AM
its all stock i didnt mention that i was a poor white girl did i...:devil:

AtvMxRider
06-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Your honda dealer should have them. They are under $10 I believe. Or you can get them from Servicehonda.com

Bill Fuller
06-30-2003, 11:21 AM
If it is just the tie rod your local ripoff (dealer) should have one,if they charge you more than 10-12 bucks call Service Honda.You CAN take the tie rod off and straighten it with some determination and a hammer:muscle: To make things easier take the tie rod ends off with the tie rod still tight.(that way you wont have to mess with the toe in)If you get a new one and you have the tie rod already removed(with ends still attached)just count how many times it rotates while you take the ends off.One side of the tie rod is reverse threaded so don't go breaking a nail:D The whole process is relativley easy and shouldn't take more than an hour.Don't forget to remove the pins on the tie rod ends(both) and blue loctite every thing when you tighten it up.While your at it get some die electric grease and take care of all electric connections (spark plug boot also).Good luck go get 'em girl GRRRRR :macho ;)

400exmom
06-30-2003, 11:35 AM
WHEW! someone told me to tape where the bolts are on the endof the rods where they meet the bolt..wish i had a printer-thanks for the tips ill definately use them! and as far as my hands go lets just say i dont wear riding gloves half the time-sooooo... there are certain things u- wouldnt want this lay to do to ya..and the nails (giggling) you'd just have to see em...go to the local rip-off shop and spend under 50 buck WHATEVER ill have to see this one!thanks again!

dirtmomma
06-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by 400exmom
its all stock i didnt mention that i was a poor white girl did i...:devil:
ROFLMFAO i love it!!!!! Welcome to the club hahahaha:D :cool: ;)

Rip_Tear
06-30-2003, 01:13 PM
Hammering them out isn't a bad idea, just put heat on it, but I would put it in a vise and do it, I have don't snowmobile tie rods before and they were fine, Because they don't have to be perfect, just measure them good :D

Glad to hear you got it fixed though :D

dirtriderex
06-30-2003, 11:59 PM
did it happen at casey?

400exmom
07-01-2003, 12:24 AM
yeah on the 2nd lap! hey is that why my front end was shaken in 5th gear?? p.s. i got the ty-rod off w/out fingernail injuries!HA. but i did use my fingernailpolish to mark my bolts to the threads.hehe