PDA

View Full Version : What all gear to get to race?

Ty's400
06-30-2003, 08:44 AM
I was wondering what all you guys think I should get to race (mx). I already have helmet goggles (duh), boots, gloves, pants, and race jersey. I'm just wondering like other stuff...I know I need to get a chest protector, but what else? Like do I need a kidney belt, neck roll thing, elbow/forearm guards? Please let me know what all you use. thanks

Nausty
06-30-2003, 10:50 AM
i just run everything you run. Other riders run kidney belts and neck guards but more stuff than that and its overkill imo.

AtvMxRider
06-30-2003, 11:04 AM
I wear everything you have plus a chest protector, neck clollar and knee pads. You always dress for the wreck not the race;) . Plus when you get alittle older it takes longer for your bones to heal up:ermm: .

remlapr
06-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Jerry, what kind of neck collar do you use and where did you get it? Does it attach to your chest protector or ? Does it get in the way when you have your helmet on?

AtvMxRider
06-30-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Jerry, what kind of neck collar do you use and where did you get it? Does it attach to your chest protector or ? Does it get in the way when you have your helmet on?

It's an RC1. I got it from a vendor at the track but you can get them from almost anywhere. I know Dennis kirk has them. This one doesn't attach to you chest protector it just wraps around your neck and velcors. It is kind of wierd with it on just sitting there but when you are racing you don't notice it. it really helped me from getting headaches I know that;) .

Ty's400
07-01-2003, 06:42 AM
thanks for the help guys What exactly does the kidney belt do any how? Support your back and protect your kidneys from bouncing all over or what?

flyin#5
07-01-2003, 07:09 AM
kidney belts help your back in a crash. i personally dont like having a bunch of crap on my while riding... i have riding pants but dont like the under the boot thing so i wear my snowpants (thin) and they are perfect, i aslo have boots, and a couple jerseys, and gloves... thats all i really want.

300EX_HMF
07-01-2003, 07:22 AM
carolina boots,jeans,fox jersey,helment & goggles, and mechanics gloves(best ever) wash and everything and wont get torn up!

400exmom
07-01-2003, 07:30 AM
MSR GEAR PANTS whatever t-shirt fits the mood-boots- helmut and sometimes gloves (unless they'll leave tanlines on those sunny days) hhhmmmm just pick up a camelpac today-and occassionally.. and also usually a big chit eatin grin-:devil: