PDA

View Full Version : denton stabilizer??

kineo3
06-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Will a sterring stabilizer help reduce arm pump, and what other advantages does this gadget have?

06-30-2003, 07:32 AM
It's worth every penny. Just go buy it and you'll see for yourself.....:)

kineo3
06-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Rico, thanks for the quick reply but I could not wait..... Just got done placing my order;)

QuadTrix6
06-30-2003, 10:01 AM
yes they are worth it i got mine last week, mine was a real pain to install and one of the bolts rattled out of mine cause i didn't loctite it, so i gotta call gary back :( , it was awsome when it was on though, i hate riding with out it

Dave400ex
06-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Yep I love mine.

QuadTrix6 tighten them suckers until they won't move. Also your hardware store would have a bolt for ya...

JD400exrider
06-30-2003, 08:18 PM
You will not be disapointed. Arms will feel a whole lot better. Mix it with an anti vibe stem and it's even a little better. ;)

thejeepdude
07-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
yes they are worth it i got mine last week, mine was a real pain to install and one of the bolts rattled out of mine cause i didn't loctite it, so i gotta call gary back :( , it was awsome when it was on though, i hate riding with out it

I just got and installed mine last week. I thought the install was fairly simple. Just halfway-tighten everything and rotate things around until it gets where you like it, then tighten it down. However, I'll ditto that statement about LOCTITE- USE IT!!. One of the bolts came out of the steering clamp and screwed up my new Arens stem! :mad: I also noticed the original bolt was already rusting after only 1 day! I snagged some new stainless steel ones, loctited everything up, and now I've beat the crap out of it and it's holdin on tight! :D Definitely worth the purchase. BTW, I use mine on setting 6-7 most of the time... helps a lot on the rocky trails.

remlapr
07-01-2003, 08:20 AM
I've had one for a couple of months now. I just wish I could get the dampning of the sixth click with the turning ease of the the second click - I guess just like everything else it's a trade off. It may help your arms - but if you run it on click 6 or 7 you will definately feel it in your shoulders at the end of the day.

CHAUNCY
07-01-2003, 08:50 AM
I absolutely love mine:)

bone705
07-01-2003, 09:46 AM
can u jump with them on??

Doibugu2
07-01-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by bone705
can u jump with them on??

Yes, does not affect jumping or anything else.

Hey Jeepdude, where did u get the stainless steel bolts. I have to get some for my handle bar clamp and wasn't sure if my local Ace hardware stocked them. Let me know..

Thanks
Doug

thejeepdude
07-01-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
Yes, does not affect jumping or anything else.

Hey Jeepdude, where did u get the stainless steel bolts. I have to get some for my handle bar clamp and wasn't sure if my local Ace hardware stocked them. Let me know..

Thanks
Doug

BINGO! ACE is the PLACE for the helpful hardware man... damn 80's commercials song still stuck in my head lol :p

Actually, they only had the stainless for the 4 longer bolts that go on the frame bracket. The 2 bolts for the stem clamp seem to be fine thread SAE and they didn't have those (only metric and std sae). I'm still on the search... in the mean time I just hit them with a little clear paint to keep them from rusting instantly like they did at first...