PDA

View Full Version : Longer swingarm, affect rear shock?

BigThumper33
06-30-2003, 07:00 AM
Hello, I just ordered a +1.25 RPM swingarm for my ex. I cracked the stock one pretty good. Anyway, it is in the middle of race season, and I don't have the time this week to get my rear shock rebuilt. How much do you think the +1.25 will affect my rear shock for this weekend? My rear shocks is currently stock. I race mx.

06-30-2003, 07:37 AM
Crank the preload up a little and you'll be fine. Most will say it is unridable unless you revalve it.. Bullchit...

It will get you thru the season just fine...your not changing the actuall location of the shock linkage that much to make a huge problem. I bought a +1.25 swinger and had no plans on a big shock conversion for it. I know of several people that did not change out the valving and what not on their rearshock after goin with a longer swingarm and they are getting by just fine..

So NO you do not have to have your reshock setup for it right away...wait till winter break to do it..

06-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Crank the preload up a little and you'll be fine. Most will say it is unridable unless you revalve it.. Bullchit...

It will get you thru the season just fine...your not changing the actuall location of the shock linkage that much to make a huge problem. I bought a +1.25 swinger and had no plans on a big shock conversion for it. I know of several people that did not change out the valving and what not on their rearshock after goin with a longer swingarm and they are getting by just fine..

So NO you do not have to have your reshock setup for it right away...wait till winter break to do it..

400exRacerX
06-30-2003, 08:24 AM
I left my rear shock setup the same when i got my + 1 1/4" Laeger's swingarm and i didn't have a problem with it. I eventually revalved the shock and it didn't make a huge difference.

If I was you don't even worry about it.

RiPPiNiTuP7
06-30-2003, 08:30 AM
Thats good to hear...I just bought a RPM +1 1/4" too.

Ralph
06-30-2003, 09:48 AM
i will mine sits a little lower and it does feel alittle softer. now im looking for the best/cheapest place to get it done

bongwater200
07-01-2003, 12:18 PM
2-3 turns on your preload adjuster and a couple clicks on your compression adjuster should tighten it up just fine for you until you can get your shock redone.

BigThumper33
07-01-2003, 12:51 PM
Thats great to know, those RPM swing arms look freakin sweet man! I think the Candy Apple Red is going to livin the ol ex just a smig! ;)

07-02-2003, 03:09 AM
I hope your stock swinger doesn't give you any problems coming off....:cool:

RiPPiNiTuP7
07-02-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I hope your stock swinger doesn't give you any problems coming off....:cool:

Heh, I have heard quite a few horror stories on here, but luckily mine was a walk in the park...I guess thats because my quad is fairly new. My biggest problem was the carrier, it was like froze inside the swingarm :cuss:

BigThumper33
07-02-2003, 12:46 PM
I just had mine off last week! I took my stocker in to get welded and plated. It lasted two trips to the track...now its starting a new crack, so out with the junk and in with the RPM! I'll keep the stocker as a back up...its not worth anything to sell!