PDA

View Full Version : does n-e- 1 have a stg 2 on a stock bore/compression?

YZROOSTINYA
06-30-2003, 06:14 AM
Curious as to how you like it and what jetting you running/exhaust.................

Thanks

H_W
06-30-2003, 08:48 AM
I have a hotcam stage 2 with the stock bore, but 10.5 to 1 compression piston.
I have a White Bros pro meg full exhaust. I do not know what my jetting is because I bought a 39mm FCR carb, that was already set up for my mods. I haven't had to adjust anything except the fuel mixture screw. I love the way my 400 pulls now, very strong from bottom to top.

YZROOSTINYA
06-30-2003, 10:45 PM
Well I built Killabanshee's motor for him yesterday.

I did it to a stock bore/comp motor with a XR head gasket. I pulled the choke and threw in a 42 pilot. I have a 155 main in there now. I didn't touch the needle as I really don't have time to fiddle with it. I think there is a dyno jet needle in there now anyway.

Started up last night with no probs. Think I am gonna have to re-adjust the valves once I get back for him as I have them set a little loose.

Once he gets his oil changed we can see how it does.

OCCRA288
07-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Speaking of valves, what are we supposed to adjust them to on the stage 2 hotcam?

LRD_27
07-01-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by H_W
I have a hotcam stage 2 with the stock bore, but 10.5 to 1 compression piston.
I have a White Bros pro meg full exhaust. I do not know what my jetting is because I bought a 39mm FCR carb, that was already set up for my mods. I haven't had to adjust anything except the fuel mixture screw. I love the way my 400 pulls now, very strong from bottom to top.

What do you mix with the fuel??

YZROOSTINYA
07-01-2003, 10:51 PM
the card calls for .006 and .008.

I run .005 and .006 on my qwuad.

I have killa's set to .006 and .007

I will putting his to my specs.

His quad is running flat up top. I think I am lean on the main so I will give that a whirl after adjusting the valves

PHIL_B54
07-02-2003, 10:17 AM
im very interested to find out how the stok comp runs with a stg 2 cam, please give updates

YZROOSTINYA
07-02-2003, 10:27 PM
i mix 1 gallon of 108 vp c-12 with 4 gallons 93 when its hot

he runs 93 pump

It runs good but his valves are ticking like mad. It cuts off/runs flat above 3/4 rom.

His oil filter was all blown out so I am going to make sure that no oil lines are blocked and double check his valve clearane.

I also want to clean his air filter

H_W
07-08-2003, 12:11 PM
I run 93 octane gas, but I was thinking of uping the octane a little to see what effect it will have. Right now, my 400 runs strong from bottom to top, but more towards the mid/top end. Mine does not run flat on top. Up until I got my rev box, mine would run strong until it hit the rev limiter in every gear, including 5th. To give you an idea of how strong it is running, I have raced many stock raptors and banshees and I have yet to lose to one. I have even beat some piped raptors and banshees, but it is a very close race. I know that no one is going to believe that last one, but it is true. I continue to prove it every weekend at our local riding spot. And we are racing about 400 to 600 feet depending on how much water is out there.