PDA

View Full Version : Cop busted me

Stevo
06-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Hey guys i went out for a ride on my 400 today and took my gf with me. Anyways we get off they trail and theres a bunch of backroads u take to get up to the gas station.

Well i pull in to get gas and the cop pulls in a blocks me in and is like u think ur funny running like that, im like running i didn't even see u. (Kinda dumb to think if i was running i would pull into a gas station and shut off) Anyways he says im gonna get a couple thousand dollars in fines.

1 for running
2 riding on the roads
3 no helmet or eye protection
4 riding with passenger
5 passenger riding without helmet or eye protection
6 driving carelessley?

If u couldn't tell the cop wa s big d*** head. But does that sound right to guys the fine being that much??

He wa s new cop around here though and i know a cop real good who's been here for a long time so he might be able to get me out of it...hopefully

Nausty
06-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Stevo
Hey guys i went out for a ride on my 400 today and took my gf with me. Anyways we get off they trail and theres a bunch of backroads u take to get up to the gas station.

Well i pull in to get gas and the cop pulls in a blocks me in and is like u think ur funny running like that, im like running i didn't even see u. (Kinda dumb to think if i was running i would pull into a gas station and shut off) Anyways he says im gonna get a couple thousand dollars in fines.

1 for running
2 riding on the roads
4 riding with passenger
6 driving carelessley?

If u couldn't tell the cop wa s big d*** head. But does that sound right to guys the fine being that much??

He wa s new cop around here though and i know a cop real good who's been here for a long time so he might be able to get me out of it...hopefully

if you were in a gas station and not on the road they can't give you a ticket for riding without a helmet which might not even be a law there. It isn't here. Just fight it.

Diedrich
06-29-2003, 06:59 PM
my buddy got caught the other day and had his quad inpounded(sp)..it cost hims $40 to get it back and thats it

JOEX
06-29-2003, 07:46 PM
The cop might be trying to make some points, But...
This what I see from just hearing your side of the story...

1 for running..... Maybe
2 riding on the roads....You lose
3 no helmet or eye protection....you lose
4 riding with passenger....you lose
5 passenger riding without helmet or eye protection.....you lose
6 driving carelessley?....Maybe

Do somthing you know is wrong.... don't b!tch about getting busted. JMO

Joe

MOFO
06-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Stevo

4 riding with passenger

Sounds like you were being a ***dhead rider buddy. You were riding a passenger around with no helmets and then you went on the road with no helmets. You obviously dont give two rats arse about your life or your passenger. Its bad enough people are killing themselves from not wearing helmets, but now you are running a risk of killing someone else with you. I hope they nail you good... :grr:

250EXking
06-30-2003, 01:24 AM
i hate donuts. they are always out to get me. they'll sit at the end of my road and wait for me to pull out and they try to get me. they never do though.:devil:

TagRider
06-30-2003, 01:36 AM
Anyone who's out riding on the road with no helmet or goggles and is then carrying a passenger without helmets or goggles needs to be caught. I hope the cops kick you in the junk (figuratively speaking, of course) for being stupid.

SGA
06-30-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by 250EXking
i hate donuts. they are always out to get me. they'll sit at the end of my road and wait for me to pull out and they try to get me. they never do though.:devil:
Well, the people that breaks/ runs from the law, and makes a game out of it makes it hard on all of us. The cop probably has chased others that got away, then nails the first one he catches.
I have been riding, had the cops stop me all pissed off, pointing to stop and such. Well, I pull my helmet off, and they see im a old geezer, and are surprised. They say: I thought you were a kid, we have had kids doing donuts in the road, riding through planted fields, etc, etc, got alot of people mad around here.
I guess its the old saying, A few bad apples ruins it for all of us.

MOFO
06-30-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by SGA

I guess its the old saying, A few bad apples ruins it for all of us.

Exactly. When I was a kid, we used to have miles apon miles of trails near my parents house. My buddy and I would literally ride every single day of summer break there. No problems or complaints. Now there are quads all over the place, riding on the road, pissing the cops off... riding in farmers fields, pissing the farmer's off.... trashing private property, pissing the land owners off. To sum it up, my old riding spots that I used to ride on as a kid are gone or you run a good risk of having someone yelling at you because they confuse you with every other idiot out there.

And now, to top things off, our media absolutely hates ATV's of any kind. Whenever someone gets killed on a quad, the story is SO damn biased. The always seem to leave out the fine details of - rider was drunk or had no helmet, or even both! This is one of the reasons I dont feel bad that the cop is trying to nail this guy that started the thread.

bansheeguy77
06-30-2003, 02:23 AM
everyone complains about the cops but what if someone broke into your house who would ya call? im not sticking up for the cop but he was just doing his job. you may feel it is wrong, i do too but its the law.

heavy_d
06-30-2003, 03:02 AM
i got caught by a conservation officer (ticket was $70) down a dirt road which i been riding Dingos, motorcycles, and atvs for about 10 years now and the state cops have seen me before, but didn't bother me, my neighbor's friend got a ticket while he was riding an atv and he can't even walk, what kind of bulls@$t is that?

250EXking
06-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by VWVR6
Exactly. When I was a kid, we used to have miles apon miles of trails near my parents house. My buddy and I would literally ride every single day of summer break there. No problems or complaints. Now there are quads all over the place, riding on the road, pissing the cops off... riding in farmers fields, pissing the farmer's off.... trashing private property, pissing the land owners off. To sum it up, my old riding spots that I used to ride on as a kid are gone or you run a good risk of having someone yelling at you because they confuse you with every other idiot out there.

And now, to top things off, our media absolutely hates ATV's of any kind. Whenever someone gets killed on a quad, the story is SO damn biased. The always seem to leave out the fine details of - rider was drunk or had no helmet, or even both! This is one of the reasons I dont feel bad that the cop is trying to nail this guy that started the thread.

cops around here are a-holes. they hate when you ride around your yard. i just ride through the woods to get to trails because the second my bike hits the road they try to bust me. they never will though.

own2424
06-30-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
The cop might be trying to make some points, But...
This what I see from just hearing your side of the story...

1 for running..... Maybe
2 riding on the roads....You lose
3 no helmet or eye protection....you lose
4 riding with passenger....you lose
5 passenger riding without helmet or eye protection.....you lose
6 driving carelessley?....Maybe

Do somthing you know is wrong.... don't b!tch about getting busted. JMO

Joe Just what I would have stated!

flyin#5
06-30-2003, 05:01 AM
dang man that sucks... id just haul a** out of there if i ever see a cop when i go around the corner on the highway to my house to go to the store.

Flip)(stick
06-30-2003, 05:12 AM
Sounds like you were being a ***dhead rider buddy. You were riding a passenger around with no helmets and then you went on the road with no helmets. You obviously dont give two rats arse about your life or your passenger. Its bad enough people are killing themselves from not wearing helmets, but now you are running a risk of killing someone else with you. I hope they nail you good... :grr:

Hmm Must you flame just get get your post # higher?I mean he was just saying what happend then you come in and be a complete a-hole. You could of put it in a beter way buddie.

Chanman420q
06-30-2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by Flip)(stick
Hmm Must you flame just get get your post # higher?I mean he was just saying what happend then you come in and be a complete a-hole. You could of put it in a beter way buddie.

no...... hes got a point............ im on his side

MOFO
06-30-2003, 05:36 AM

First off, I've been here for over 3 years...obviously I dont give a rats arse about a post count. Personally I would like to see it removed.

...now that is out of the way, I believe I made my point pretty damn clear. I have read too many story's of people like this guy that take people for rides and end up killing them or causing a major injury because they did not have a helmet on. Also another pet peve of mine is when people get mad at the cops because "they" did something wrong and the cop did his job. What the heck is wrong with you people that think you can break the law and get away with it. Are you better than everyone else??? I'm sure when something happens to you that requires the assistance of a cop, I bet you appreciate them doing their jobs then...huh?

FourFiftyFour
06-30-2003, 06:04 AM

We have 20 miles of trailsnear my place and this stupid idot ruins a $200,000 piece of farm equipment..... on purpose of course.... so no one could ride for a long time but they always let me ride :D :D

bansheeguy77
06-30-2003, 06:09 AM
cause ur a chick :p

FourFiftyFour
06-30-2003, 06:11 AM
of course :p :p and they trusted me that I didnt mess with anything cuz the farmers always saw me and Id just wave and they never saw me off of the trails or ripping anything up....

kicken250x
06-30-2003, 06:33 AM

i cant really take sides with either one of you. i can see where flipstick is comming from, most of ur posts lately have been flames that i have read or atleast u were pissed off about something.

but he does have a good point. im on fairly good sides with alot of the cops around here but a few new-bies and then i just give them a list of cops i know and tell them to go talk to them and ill even give them my addy and all and tell them if they still think i need a ticket bring it to my house. ive only got one (around here...)and that was for riding with no helmet. i didnt fight it cause i knew i was in the wrong and you shouldnt either except for the running and driving carelessly because from the way it sounds you didnt run no the figures you said dont sound right. im thinking more along the lines of a few hundred not even close to a thousand. i do feel what your going through ive gotten my fair share of tickets and it sux, you just gotta learn to deal with it and not do it again...sry man...

no flame intended thats just my thoughts so...

MOFO
06-30-2003, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by kicken250x
i cant really take sides with either one of you. i can see where flipstick is comming from, most of ur posts lately have been flames that i have read or atleast u were pissed off about something.

could you PLEASE elaborate on this.... PM me. I think you got me confused with someone else.

sportraxrider10
06-30-2003, 06:42 AM
Exactly. When I was a kid, we used to have miles apon miles of trails near my parents house. My buddy and I would literally ride every single day of summer break there. No problems or complaints. Now there are quads all over the place, riding on the road, pissing the cops off... riding in farmers fields, pissing the farmer's off.... trashing private property, pissing the land owners off.

ok well most kids don't have that, not because they are "trashing private property" or anything just because people don't let them. so what do you do then, like me i have to ride on the roads to get to the places i ride.

MOFO
06-30-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by honda300ex06
ok well most kids don't have that, not because they are "trashing private property" or anything just because people don't let them. so what do you do then, like me i have to ride on the roads to get to the places i ride.

I sold my car and bought a truck.

Just because you own a quad does not mean you can ride it anywhere, it does not grant you special permission to break the law. This is one of the many reasons why our sport (outside of racing) is getting a bad rap. If you get busted, suck it up, dont expect the law to bend for you just because you have a quad and need trails to ride on. If people are sick of cops buggin them, I suggest they start following the law. Its a very simple solution.

Just because I feel strongly about this does not mean I'm a perfect rider either...yes I have ridden on the road...if I got caught, which I have, the last thing I would do is post it on here and complain about it. The cop did his job, period, end of story.

sportraxrider10
06-30-2003, 07:12 AM
I sold my car and bought a truck.

Just because you own a quad does not mean you can ride it anywhere, it does not grant you special permission to break the law. This is one of the many reasons why our sport (outside of racing) is getting a bad rap. If you get busted, suck it up, dont expect the law to bend for you just because you have a quad and need trails to ride on. If people are sick of cops buggin them, I suggest they start following the law. Its a very simple solution.

Just because I feel strongly about this does not mean I'm a perfect rider either...yes I have ridden on the road...if I got caught, which I have, the last thing I would do is post it on here and complain about it. The cop did his job, period, end of story.

well i can't drive so what would a truck or car have to do with me?:rolleyes: i never said i have "special permission to break the law" i just said that i have to ride on roads to get to where i want to go so i am going to ride on them. that simple. and if i do get caught by the police, which i have plenty of times, i don't complain about it either, i know i was wrong riding on the roads so there isn't nothing i can do about it

MOFO
06-30-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by honda300ex06
well i can't drive so what would a truck or car have to do with me?:rolleyes: i never said i have "special permission to break the law" i just said that i have to ride on roads to get to where i want to go so i am going to ride on them. that simple. and if i do get caught by the police, which i have plenty of times, i don't complain about it either, i know i was wrong riding on the roads so there isn't nothing i can do about it

Most of my comments were not directed at you, but more towards the people that DO complain about getting caught doing something illegal. I give you credit for atleast being a man about what you did wrong...

When I was under the age of 16, I would either sneak around or have my father load my quad up for me. I feel that if these options are not available, its not the right time for a person to have quad. Whats the point of having one with no where to ride....dont confuse this statement as an excuse to ride illegally... again, just because someone owns a quad does not mean they automatically have land to ride on and can roam where ever they want...

please keep in mind this was not directed at you...just a general statement of where I am coming from. Some people here think I'm some kind of angry war monger or somethin... :confused:

cody anderson
06-30-2003, 08:09 AM
I WOULD PERSONALLY LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO MAKE THE LAWS EVEN WROSE FOR PEOPLE LIKE US WHO LIKE TO RIDE. EVERYTHING IS STARTING TO GET A LITTLE BETTER AND JACK *****ES LIKE YOU GO OUT AND RIDE WITH OUT A HELMET...SMART. AND WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU WOULD HAVE CRASHED RUNNING FROM THE COP? TOTALLED WHEELER? OR MABEY YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE A STATISTIC! OR YOUR OWN GIRLFRIEND. PEOPLE GET KILLED ON THE TRACK WEARING ALL KINDS OF PROTECTION AND YOUR DUMB ***** GOES OUT WITHOUT A HELMET. I HOPE YOU DO HAVE TO PAY THE FINES... THEN I HOPE YOU WILL LEARN! DONT GET ME WRONG... I DO SOME OF THE CRAZIEST THINGS ON A QUAD AND I LOVE TO BE DANGEROUS... HOWEVER I DO IT ON A TRACK! WITH A HELMET! THANKS FOR YOUR TIME. CODY .