PDA

View Full Version : Anybody at Haspin on Sat. June 27?

jesshamner
06-29-2003, 05:53 PM
I know there was a girl there that asked about the exriders.com sticker on my buddy's 400ex. Were there any other people there?

Jennys440'Dale
06-30-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by jesshamner
I know there was a girl there that asked about the exriders.com sticker on my buddy's 400ex. Were there any other people there?

That would have been me! :) There were two others from this site there too: 400ex Magnum (he is the one who wrecked on one of the jumps) and Buckeye 400ex. Had a great time, looking forward to going back maybe this weekend.

400ex Magnum
06-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Yeah, I was there with Jenny and Buckeye. I was the one that managed to get bucked off my quad on the mx track.

Braff1
06-30-2003, 07:00 AM
Hey Magnum, glad to hear you are OK. I was the old fat man on the red 400ex with the EXRIDERS sticker. let us know next time you go up to haspin, maybe we can meet up with you guys/gals.

06-30-2003, 07:24 AM
What kind of shape are the MX tracks in?????

Braff1
06-30-2003, 08:12 AM
overall fair. they have a couple jumps that are a boogers. The one next to the bleachers is not to bad but you have to try to clear the jump to the down hill side. Directly behind it, that jump is a bioch. It throws you straight up. not bad if you have a dirt bike but for quads the landing is rough. They have made a few changes but nothing major.

Jennys440'Dale
06-30-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Rico
What kind of shape are the MX tracks in?????

Rico--The track was pretty smooth, when you were able to see. VERY dusty!

Braff- yea Magnum is ok, pride is a little hurt. Although we did have a good laugh, Buckeye caught the whole thing on video tape. Thinking about sending it to Real T.V. "When Quads bite back."

Braff1
06-30-2003, 08:52 AM
Jenny, what did you think of that jump Magnum wrecked on?

Jennys440'Dale
06-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
Jenny, what did you think of that jump Magnum wrecked on?

I used to jump on that hill two years ago and I almost did the same thing a couple of times. Nose dives bad. My fiance went over the hill earlier in the day on Saturday and he nose dived it. Now, the jump AFTER the one Magnum wrecked on is awesome. I like that one. Smooth landings all the time. You were getting some pretty good air too. (Or at least I thought it was you)

06-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Jennys400ex
I used to jump on that hill two years ago and I almost did the same thing a couple of times. Nose dives bad. My fiance went over the hill earlier in the day on Saturday and he nose dived it. Now, the jump AFTER the one Magnum wrecked on is awesome. I like that one. Smooth landings all the time. You were getting some pretty good air too. (Or at least I thought it was you)

Sounds like the big track is still in decent shape. I know the last time i was there I was hitting some jumps in 4th gear hemmerin down and I wasn't even a MX racer at the time so I'm eager to go back and see what I can do...:D

I kinda smell a road trip sometime soon....:D

400ex Magnum
06-30-2003, 09:40 AM
Braff - I don't know what it was about that jump, but I couldn't ever get it right. It seemed to throw you up more than out and I guess I am not a good enough rider to compensate for that. The jump right in front of the bleachers was awesome though. I was having a blast on the track right up until the quad ran me over. Ha.

Rico - The track was very fast as long as you stayed in the racing groove. Get outside of that and it was very rough. All of the jumps except one (see above) were pretty awesome also. A rider with a little mx experience (not me) should be able to fly around that track. It was extremely dusty though. I don't know how you would be able to catch and pass someone. The dust was that bad. I am sure for races that they would water it down some.

buckeye400ex
06-30-2003, 03:33 PM
Magnum, I think you were letting off right at the last second, pitching the nose down. ?? I of course never got to try my hand at it since the big 440 was in the truck with the blown head gasket. I can't really say I'm sorry I laughed, but at least I caught the whole thing on video. :D

It was a classic moment. I know you were just trying to make me feel better since I wasn't able to ride. :rolleyes: Man what a buddy!

jesshamner
06-30-2003, 04:30 PM
I was coming up behind you magnum when you took that dive. It looked pretty nasty from the bottom of the jump. I couldn't see what happened though. I thought all the jumps were a lot better than they used to be, except for the one that everyone else is talking about. But the one bad jump has improved also. The trick was to go a little to the right. I never got the ballz to hit it hard enough to land on the back side of it. I think my favorite part of the track was hitting the big jump near the bleachers and then just hammering down and hitting the next two jumps in 4th gear pinned.