PDA

View Full Version : whats the worst wreck u have ever been in

350exrider
06-29-2003, 04:54 PM
whats the worst wreck u guys have ever been in

mine was when i was on my 350x 3 wheeler and i came around a corner and my buddy on my brothers 300ex and he hit my rear tires and i flipped the bike and flew about 10 feet in the air but i didnt get hurt besides bruises, but i guess rubbins racing

06-30-2003, 09:29 AM
i over shot a set of rythms and endoed over the last jump and now my spine is crooked:(

416exmx
06-30-2003, 03:39 PM
and this one time, at a race track...i endoed and got 120 stitches in my chin.:(

mxdave28
06-30-2003, 04:40 PM
throttle stuck WFO coming up to a jump and i broke my back in 3 places, severly bruized my pelvis/hips, muscle damage from my arse halfway up my back..some other minor bruzes that dont really count considering the other stuff hehe

crap-banshee32
06-30-2003, 05:01 PM
hmmm got squirlly in a rythem and went flipping with the quad, it landed on me!!! messed up my back pretty bad!

speedy400
07-01-2003, 01:58 AM
Shortend - 40 mph with the back tires above me and front tires on the ground. I hit a wire fence, it was all too fast I dont remember what happend, next thing I knew I was on my as$ and my quad upsidedown,it was all OK except for my protective vest the sholder piece ripped off and a few scatches here and there.:o -darren

XANDADA
07-01-2003, 02:28 AM
There was a bunch of folks jumping the top of this 25ft. hillclimb. They weren't hitting it big just jumping a few feet in the air at the top. So acting like an idiot I was gonna launch off the top of this hillclimb and show 'em how its done. I hit the top of the hill in 3rd gear on the powerband and didn't let off the throttle before getting to the top. Landed completely vertical on my subframe and bent it pretty good. My arse was black n blue for three weeks but no real injuries other than my pride....there was only about 20 people watching me :devil: Oh well, at least I showed 'em a little crazy!

That's the only time I've ever wrecked...

MojaveKing
07-01-2003, 01:00 PM
doin a Back flip.....not so good.......i didnt make it all they way around

QuadRacer041
07-01-2003, 01:34 PM
heres a pic of my worst bruise from riding.

Pappy
07-01-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by quad041
heres a pic of my worst bruise from riding.

damn lou:eek: you and wyndzer are tied for worst bruise i think:scary:

400grl
07-01-2003, 01:41 PM
I was trying to clear this 90 foot table 5th gear pinned during a race.....didn't quite make it and my *****-end bounced up and caused my quad to be airborn all the way down the landing of the table....only we went sideways in the air and I landed sideways on the track going all out......I just remember thinking "oh sh*t...this is going to hurt!"....then me and quad went different directions after it squashed me......I couldn't move for a second, then I crawled over to the quad which was now at a different part of the track....trying to breathe....got it up on all 4's again, straightened my bars...tried to start it but the button wouldn't work for some reason. I looked down and saw that every time I pushed on the button my thumb would snap back the wrong way....pretty gross. No blood - no pain - just gross. So....I got it started with my other hand and finished the race....then went back to my truck and cried! :) Like a girl! ;) lol!

But after all that, I wound up with a broken thumb, little finger, and a nasty bone bruise on my forearm....but that's about it! It's just one of those crashes that messes with you mentally more than anything.....I still have a hard time going all out on tables....:rolleyes:

Chef
07-01-2003, 01:55 PM
The worst one I have been in was probably the 5th gear endoes at the dunes...

5th Gear pinned on my Banshee, wheelieing, I was actually wheelieing away from a friend on a Z400, about 20 feet in front to the left of him. There was a VERY small ridge in the sand, couldnt see it at all. Probably because my goggles are mirror tinted... But anyway, I hit that, it catapulted the rear end up and I was now on only the front tires for roughly 25 feet at about 50mph. There were tire tracks from the front tires only, then no tracks for 10-12 feet, then marks from the fronts again, then marks from the front bumper and front fenders, then it proceeded to flip over forwards and ram my leg into the sand with the grab bar. Bent the frame down about 8 inches in the back, and I couldn't walk. It was still idling along in 5th when it landed though! :cool:

pineway
07-01-2003, 01:55 PM
This isnt that bad for me, but messed up my quad pretty bad. I was doing a hillclimb and i guess some water got underneath my grip and my grip slipped off. just so happens my front end was up off the ground a little bit witch turned my wheels and got my quad sideways. it rolled a few times down the hill and i jumped out of the way. then the quad kept rolling and it went to the bottom of the hill climb where there was a ski slope. The 300 went down the slope. of course the slope was a double black diamond. In the end i had a few scratches on my back. The 300 had a bent steering stem, cracked frame real bad, destroyed plastic, destryoed rims. Only wreck i ever had but it was pretty bad.

Chanman420q
07-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Doing donuts, flipped it, landed on my elbo, laughed, felt something warm, took my hoodie off, and a chunk about 1 1/2 inches was dangling off my elbo:confused2 31 stiches:blah:

Chef
07-01-2003, 02:14 PM
These two pics are the split seconds before another big crash I was in on Saturday...lol

darrell43031
07-01-2003, 03:09 PM
this one put me down for 3 months. i was riding my buddies KX125 (mistake number 1) and goosed the throttle as i went over one of our double landing and it shot me straight up in the air. when i landed it was on my knee and draging me. it happened so fast i don't remember what happened. this is what my friends told me.but i tore(sp.) my acl,pcl,mcl,medial menaskis ligament, and my pateller tendon. in other wards i got faqed up. lesson learned stay off 2 wheels and keep on 4:)

darrell43031
07-01-2003, 03:10 PM
and here's my x-rays

350exrider
07-02-2003, 04:04 AM
stick to 4 wheelers lol

countypark
07-02-2003, 05:22 AM
This is what happens when you filp your quad frontwards WFO, and you land on your side. Remember keep that ARSE back on the seat.

Big JIM and the Twins turned black also.

countypark
07-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Broke 2 ribs that day also.

QuadTrix6
07-02-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by countypark
This is what happens when you filp your quad frontwards WFO, and you land on your side. Remember keep that ARSE back on the seat.

Big JIM and the Twins turned black also.

:eek: ouch

fourwhls
07-02-2003, 12:10 PM
Tripple at ECMX in Elizabeth City, NC. Suppose to double in, and single out. I came in too hot and nosed into the third hill.

Ryan8R
07-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Well my worst wreck that i have been in was on a shovel made creek jump. You had to jump about 35 40 feet to clear it all...Well i was haulin *** up to it right as i hit the jump my raptor sputtered and i nosed it going 3rd pinned...My front bumper hit the ground solid and just stopped me dead...cracked the small bone in my left arm in two places and broke the big bone in my left arm all the way so that it was almost stickin outta the skin...The funny thing is i didnt feel the broken arm all i felt was the tire mark on my back cause i went over the bars and those 18 MX holeshots did a number on my back and pulled my pants off...so i was bare *** naked layin in teh middle of the trail..pin in arm and out of commission for 3 months...motto fun hurts and **** happens:devil:

Joecool1264
07-04-2003, 03:47 PM
I went over the bars at an XC race. I was going down hill, about a 30 ft. drop when I hit a root. It shot me over the bars. I landed on my shoulder , broke my coller bone in 5 places, it took a plate 8 screws and a wire to fix it. 18 staples too. I asked the doc how many ribs I broke, he said he quit counting at 7, becuase we weren't going to fix them anyway. When I cough or sneeze I about piss myself. Whats worst is 8 to 10 more weeks in a sling then physical theraply for ??? My race season is on summer break until Aug 24, I still don't know when I can go even riding again, much less racing.

redrider24
07-05-2003, 12:42 AM
:ermm:

killer03_300ex
07-06-2003, 01:09 PM
my worst was probly on a warrior at sheridan coal banks i dont no exactily how it happend i no i was drag racing and i hit someone or someone else hit me i no i broke my collar bone in 3 places stitches in 2 parts of my leg and compound fracture to my wrist and a slight concussion i feel better now

MxDale71
07-06-2003, 04:50 PM
I was 3rd gear pinned on a triple and I guess I hit a rut or bump in the face or I was 2-wheelin it goin off the face but either way, my quad barrel roled and I bailed. When I woke up 10-15 minutes later, some dude was shinin a light in my eyes and against their advise, I got up saying I was ok, and I slowly rode my quad off the track. I thought I was ok, but I guess not cause I can remember getting up and the next thing I know I'm already at my truck. Then I walked over to a friend to talk or something and when I went back my quad was all loaded up. I was like, WTF? but apparently I did help load the quad up. What was even worse was that I had to drive home that night. I had a concussion, cracked bone in my foot, pretty bad scrape on my back, and I still have back problems today. One of the other riders said he was comin over a jump and saw my quad doing multiple flips in the distance.

Another one was when I went off of this camel back just a little bit behind this dude on a banshee. He wasn't tripling it so I slowed down a little but still hit it faster than him so that I would over jump the double part a little bit. When I was about to come down, the guy on the banshee had just landed and I guess he moved over to the right a little bit. Well my left tires landed on his right tires and that caused me to 2-wheel. Naturaly, I automatically try to correct the 2-wheeling so I wouldn't flip over but the problem was, I was still on top of that camel back (basically a table top w/ a hump in the middle). I ran right off the side of it and my front end planted into the ground. I was told my quad cartwheeled a few times and I ended up w/ a broken nose... somehow. I got back on and finished the race and ended up w/ a 5th place overall finish for the night.