PDA

View Full Version : what happened to arens???

Tommy 17
06-29-2003, 04:32 PM
i noticed arens isnt up by c&d racing as the sponser anymore... did something happen that i missed?????

Ralph
06-29-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i noticed arens isnt up by c&d racing as the sponser anymore... did something happen that i missed?????

wait what did YOU notice? my aim window poping up on yer screen asking you? lol

anyways what happend

TheRedRebel17
06-29-2003, 05:24 PM
i guess their were some issues with the project ex and they got the boot:uhoh:

06-29-2003, 05:26 PM
:huh

Glow Plug
06-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Well are we getting another site sponser?

Jnine
06-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Don't guess...

As far as I know the project is still on. We're building our part next week anyway.

Dave400ex
06-29-2003, 05:39 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. Can't wait to see that chassis done though...

bongwater200
06-30-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
Well are we getting another site sponser?

This site seems to go through site sponsors like **** through a tin horn. (anyone on here old enough to remember that old expression?) From knowing this, I would have to surmise that the members aren't patronizing site sponsors like they should?

06-30-2003, 04:17 PM
whoever has more green is a sponsor:scary:

TheRedRebel17
06-30-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
whoever has more green is a sponsor:scary:
sad but true

crazybuffalo
06-30-2003, 05:16 PM
i guess their were some issues with the project ex and they got the boot i thought about that since i was expecting the arens nerfs on the project 400ex.

TheRedRebel17
06-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by crazybuffalo
i thought about that since i was expecting the arens nerfs on the project 400ex.
I also "thought" it was supposed to have a arens frame too:confused:

Jnine
06-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Well guys, we're building a frame for the project bike, and if Ben wants to use it that's OK with me, but if he likes the setup the way he has it, that's OK too.. We'll just sell it... It looks like he has it pretty well assembled at this time though. Actually I didn't even know there was a thread for that until I found it today.

06-30-2003, 05:38 PM
i also noticed there is nothing about arens nerfs on the front page

JHF219
06-30-2003, 05:47 PM
where si bens reply to this we are all curious as to what happened !! Jnine is this something that you would rather not discuss in a public forum if so then i think we should all drop it !! but i think there is more to the story then what we are all seeing !! ben offer some insight here ! or guy or one of the other mods !!

Jnine,
I dont give a rats *** what happened and i will continue to purchase your products !! hey if you need a tester for your LT arms ill do it :D hey one more thing can you get me some arens stickers for my chassis PLEASE !! how much longer before i can get some a-arms !!

JOEX
06-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
i also noticed there is nothing about arens nerfs on the front page
The Arens nerf bar special price offer was for a limited time. That time has expired.

Joe

Jnine
06-30-2003, 06:36 PM
There's no big story guys.. I'm not offended or disappointed if he uses other parts on the project bike. After all, we all try different parts on our own quads, and if Ben needs parts all he has to do is call... As I tell everyone who calls and is trying to make decisions on which parts to buy; they are free to make choices based on what they feel is best for them at the time, but either way we'll be building the parts. In fact, we have several new ones coming very soon.

For starters the long awaited and often talked about A-arms and swingarms are finally being cut. Took us forever to work out the design, but I'm really happy with it. I'm kind of a perfectionist, and I absolutely hate to release a part until I am completely comfortable with it. It's not just that though.. If I don't get it right, it doesn't work for you, and that is a BIG problem in my book.. There are plenty of ATV companies like that, and I refuse to join them. Undoubtedly not pushing things out a little sooner costs the business a lot of money, but at least I can believe in the design and sleep well. We have a couple new prototypes of other parts right now also, and it's some stuff you won't expect from us, but they look REALLY trick. Ever wonder what that color poll was about a few months ago?

Talk to you later!

JOEX
06-30-2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Jnine
......Ever wonder what that color poll was about a few months ago?

Talk to you later!
AH HA.... Gonna give that British company a little competition?;)

Joe

Jnine
06-30-2003, 07:05 PM
They are a bike company guessing at what we (ATV guys) need.. It makes about as much sense as me trying to conjur up what a top motorcycle rider would like. Yes I could bend up a little tubing and send him out onto the track, but would it be the right part?? Probably not! It's time to get an actual ATV company into that arena and stop the guessing by the bike guys. My name is solidly into ATVs.

XANDADA
07-01-2003, 01:37 AM
It's time to get an actual ATV company into that arena and stop the guessing by the bike guys. My name is solidly into ATVs.

Right On! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-067.gif

TheChknhwk
07-01-2003, 02:04 AM
They are a bike company guessing at what we (ATV guys) need.. It makes about as much sense as me trying to conjur up what a top motorcycle rider would like. Yes I could bend up a little tubing and send him out onto the track, but would it be the right part?? Probably not! It's time to get an actual ATV company into that arena and stop the guessing by the bike guys. My name is solidly into ATVs.

Forgive my ignorance, but who is "they"?

Ralph
07-01-2003, 02:10 AM
wait so why is the banne gone? did u stop paying for the advertising or u just had him put a hold on it or something?

JHF219
07-01-2003, 11:53 AM
Ben ! whats going on ? please do tell!?

trx400ex
07-01-2003, 12:57 PM
handlebars i think????

Rip_Tear
07-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Sounds good Jnine! But like everyone asked, why is ther banner gone? Just curious! So you need someone to run a CNC machine? I will PM you in 2 years when I am done my course :D

Guy400
07-01-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by JHForman250R
ben offer some insight here ! or guy or one of the other mods !!None of the moderators make any of the decisions concerning banners, sponsorship, prices, etc. Ben ownes the site and, as a result, makes all decisions concerning that sponsorship.

Ralph
07-01-2003, 04:17 PM
but do u have any info on it?

OutlawEX
07-01-2003, 04:23 PM
Yo Jnine did u hear about the new Indoor place going in on centinal road here in toledo Ohio? Also Log Road is moving to Pioneer ohio. But the indoor plcae is 5 times bigger than Tecumseh (Pro-Source suzuki) Indoor place

Glow Plug
07-01-2003, 05:12 PM
Hey ben A little insite?

TagRider
07-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by bongwater200
From knowing this, I would have to surmise that the members aren't patronizing site sponsors like they should? There's no arguing that John's products are the highest quality but unfortunately quality doesn't sell by itself. John became a member here in November of 2002 and started telling us about exciting new 400EX parts that were only a month away. January rolls around and he tells us early spring. April comes and he tells us 3-4 more weeks. July is here and all we've seen are nerfs. In the 8 months he's been telling us about all these parts that are coming we've only seen a set of nerfs! People can only sit on their money for so long before they've got to go elsewhere. Even the nerf sale we did have left a bad taste in members' mouths. The nerfs were advertised on sale and members started calling. There was no answer at John's shop for days and few were getting call backs. Then we learn nets only come in black and on top of that the nets weren't even ready! How do you put a product on sale that's not even complete?! Nerfs were shipped without nets and site members had to wait on nets to show up. How many Cavaliers would GM sell if they only produced them in black with no doors? Probably not as many as if there were a whole pallette of colors and the cars were complete. And it's funny that everytime there's a thread about Arens people always go back to "When are the frames and a-arms going to be done?" Maybe these are the parts that we're really interested in. John now says he just started cutting the tubing for the arms. It's a safe assumption to make that we won't see the arms ready for sale until August.

It's tough for most people to maintain interest in a line of products when they're not released for 8 months or more after the manufacturer states they'd be ready.

I'm not flaming Arens Bros. in anyway, either. I simply feel compelled to stand up for the members here when we get accused of not spending money with John. There's no parts to spend money on!

Ben
07-01-2003, 11:54 PM
John Arens and I have to sit down and see where he wants to go from here in regards to advertising. It is no surprise that my original intention was to use all of his products on the Project 400ex. But time ran out and I had to make due with other companies that produce top quality products and had them available. I'll be talking with John in a day or two and see what we work out. We appreciate him being here, there is no doubt about that :)

tants
07-02-2003, 07:22 AM
...what ever happened to the quadshop? :confused:

TheChknhwk
07-02-2003, 07:32 AM
They sponsor cannondale riders.com

07-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by tants
...what ever happened to the quadshop? :confused:

They still in business and doin pretty good...;) :)

Jeff's ranked 16th in the nation in the GNCC series right now, that ranking includes the pro's too...:eek:

So he's pretty busy running the shop and racing all over Gods creation. He's on vacation right now so if anyone calls you'll just get a answering machine...

Glow Plug
07-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Jeff's ranked 16th in the nation in the GNCC series right now, that ranking includes the pro's too...:eek:

IS jeff still running a c'dale? Good Job Jeff! :D

07-02-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
IS jeff still running a c'dale? Good Job Jeff! :D

He's still beatin the hell outa the C'dale and so is rowlrag. He's #1 in his class too but not ranked in the top 20..

DirtDiggler
07-25-2003, 10:49 AM
anybody heard anymore about this? I'm really looking forward to John's stuff I hope he stays around.

MOUSE
07-25-2003, 11:24 AM
im waiting on his frame

Guy400
07-25-2003, 11:27 AM
I don't think any of the 400EX chassis parts are done yet, at least not to my knowledge.

MOUSE
07-25-2003, 11:29 AM
he told me soon a last week

bongwater200
07-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by DirtDiggler
anybody heard anymore about this? I'm really looking forward to John's stuff I hope he stays around.

I don't think he'll be going anywhere. From what I understand, his ad on this site expired, and it really didn't generate enough business to make it worth renewing. I'm sure he'll still be checking in to answer questions as usual, I just doubt he'll return as a site sponsor.

Dave400ex
07-25-2003, 04:55 PM
I don't think there is any doubt John will stay around and still check out the site to answer our questions. He is a great person to have on the site. I wish more companies would get on here and answer questions...