PDA

View Full Version : Took A Spill Today

Yellow2001400ex
06-29-2003, 03:30 PM
I had my first big wreck in a long time today. I was out at a local track called Thrill Hill in West Tennessee and had been riding for about an hour and a half getting used to the rythm of the track. But that ended shortly when i hit one of the doubles that drops off on the landing real far. I was straight in the air w/ my 400 tilted back just right but had a little to much gas which shot me about 20 feet over the landing but the main reason for me getting thrown about 6 feet off my quad was the GRIP on my handlebar. I had just got some new Renthal medium compound grips awhile back and when I was putting them on I knew I didn't put enough glue on the throttle side. Just a tuff lesson in stupidity, so always glue those grips on good or you will pay. They made me lose control and ended up chunking me off my 400. I was pretty lucky on the injury part but my left knee has a lot of fluid and is swollen real bad and my left arm is skinned up real bad. Could've been worse in my opinon. Just remember to glue the grips on real good cause they can cause sh*t to happen. See ya:D

JUSTINcredible
06-29-2003, 05:00 PM
i always put wire on my grips just for a little extra measure

Nausty
06-29-2003, 05:05 PM
lol, I hope the quads ok.:D lol, really though I hope your ok.

Whats kinda weird for me is I use to crash every time i'd go ride and now I havn't crashed or bailed one single time this year.:confused:

Yellow2001400ex
07-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Yea, that was my main concern was if my quad was ok. I knew when I landed that i had probably bent the hell out of my axle but everything was ok except for the tire flying off the wheel from the impact. Learned the hard way from that.

Flip)(stick
07-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Anyone check to see if the Dirt was ok?

Honda4trax250x
07-01-2003, 05:12 PM
got any pics of the bike??? sry im kinda sick :p lol

One_Bad_400
07-01-2003, 05:18 PM
hair spray workes good that is what i us and they have never came off