PDA

View Full Version : different intake boots for different years??

Glamis400ex
06-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey guys,

Well, as some of you may remember from a few weeks past that my new 416 was having some jetting/idleing issues. The idle would fluctuate up and down like 1000 rpm's at idle.

Upon closer inspection it appears that the rubber boot from the airbox that attaches to the carb intake, is not sealing well with the clamp and screw. Only like 1/8th inch or so is actually getting into the boot. The other side...the engine intake, seats fine with the notch in the rubber boot matching nicely with the notch on the carb. 1/4 - 3/8 inch is getting into that side of the boot. On the airbox side, I can pinch the boot, and see air gaps and if I pinch a little harder, it will come off. This tells me there's a not-so-good seal there. This is all still kinda weird since I had no trouble with the quad when it was a stock motor.

My question is, did different years have different legnths of airbox boot? BTW...I was able to switch out my 2 peice engine intake, with a solid 1 peice rubber intake...thanks to Dune Surfer;)

Any help people...

Glamis