PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO THEY DO THAT?! :::announcer voice:::

kicken250x
06-29-2003, 12:21 PM
today when i was going shooting (i shoot sporting clays) we were riding behind a truck with a tractor trailer (the kinda that haul tractors...) and i was thinking if the ramps were fliped down could a car be driven onto it at speed, kinda like the james bond type movies when the cargo plane is going down the runway with the bay open and the "hero" comes bustin *** around the corner and drives right up into the back of it! but how is this possiable (other than movie magic, of course. heh)? i ask this because you could get the front tires onto it trailer but as soon as the rear tires hit your gonna fly forward. say the plane is going 50 mph and you go 55mph (prob. unrealistic speeds well just use those for arguements sake) to catch up to it and potentially drive up inside of it. with the plane going 50 mph and you going 55 mph when ur rear wheels hit that ramp ur gonna be going 105 mph combined speed. the speed that is directly proportional to the amount of plane passing under you would be 55 mph, right?your NOT going to be able to stop on a dime to keep from flying up to the front of the plane. so how do they do this? the only way i can think of is if they had a tread mill type machine spinning at 50-54 mph so the car could drive up onto it and gradually slow the wheels down to a stop. anyone else have any ideas on this?

flyin#5
06-29-2003, 12:31 PM
E-brake:D :blah:

250EXking
06-29-2003, 12:37 PM
how did you shoot today. i shot a 22 out of 25 on our 5-stand. where did you shoot at.

flyin#5
06-29-2003, 01:02 PM
my dad shoots trap.. he is like on the board at the rod and gun club... he gets pissed if he gets less than 20 lol... im lucky if i get over 10.

toby400ex
06-29-2003, 01:38 PM
As soon as those tires hit that plane ramp they stop turning so fast, thats why you hear the little squeel. its then like the car is going 5 mph