PDA

View Full Version : What not using clutch does. stupid friend

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 06:48 AM
my friend hasnt used his clutch from day one when shifting. and its a 2002 with a pipe and filter. and last week his 3 gear would slip out and click and catch in. when it was reved. and he rode it a little then 3rd became neutral. then the rest of the gears begane to do the clicking cracking rattleing slipping catching thing. he got it home and took it to the dealer and they need to do a complete bottom end. everthing inside is rounded and chipped. its a mess. its under warrenty so he dont have to pay a penny. but still this is a 2002 your talking about. and this kid rides it like hes motocrossing everwhere. any gear hes in he has it reved all they way up. never gives the quad a rest. like every once in a while we go on a trail ride and if hes in the front hes on the rodes. flying threw the paths just so he can get there first. and this kid showwss offfff soooo much its not even funny. hes on here jumping over a little kid and he looks like hes little too. if i can find it ill post it. he does like big hills with a girl on the back rides wheeleies with this girl on. one of these days there gunna get hurt bad. but for now his quad is all ripped apart at the dealer.

what are your thoughts on this little story??

MOFO
06-29-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
my friend hasnt used his clutch from day one when shifting. and its a 2002 with a pipe and filter. and last week his 3 gear would slip out and click and catch in. when it was reved. and he rode it a little then 3rd became neutral. then the rest of the gears begane to do the clicking cracking rattleing slipping catching thing. he got it home and took it to the dealer and they need to do a complete bottom end. everthing inside is rounded and chipped. its a mess. its under warrenty so he dont have to pay a penny. but still this is a 2002 your talking about. and this kid rides it like hes motocrossing everwhere. any gear hes in he has it reved all they way up. never gives the quad a rest. like every once in a while we go on a trail ride and if hes in the front hes on the rodes. flying threw the paths just so he can get there first. and this kid showwss offfff soooo much its not even funny. hes on here jumping over a little kid and he looks like hes little too. if i can find it ill post it. he does like big hills with a girl on the back rides wheeleies with this girl on. one of these days there gunna get hurt bad. but for now his quad is all ripped apart at the dealer.

what are your thoughts on this little story??

sounds like he need's a lesson on shifting...

Guy400
06-29-2003, 06:52 AM
Sounds like his dad needs to smack him in the head and teach him some respect for his toys.

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 06:54 AM
his dads said that using the clutch only wears the plates. you cant tell this kids dad anything. if you shift right it dont wear them at all. and this kid just slams it in gear. i sometimes dont use the clutch you can tell when you need to shift it slides right in no noises and revs right back up. this kid that we go riding with has a 250x stock with a k&n filter. it still has the stock brakes and clutches. and he rides it hard. from 1993 id say the previos owner used it for farming. and he has had noooo problems with his.

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 07:00 AM
alright here is the kid. hes top end is gunna go too soon because of the way he rides it. puffs out blue smoke alot. he saids its oil he dont listen. he didnt make it up a hill once so he came backwords and bent his axle hub and rims. this kid is very abusive.

(edit) DELETED LINK

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 07:03 AM
worry that is a link not a picture

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=593426

Flip)(stick
06-29-2003, 07:03 AM
Thats very sad. When the bike is gone he's gona be all mad and pouty. His fault. You dont know what you have intel you do not have it.

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 07:05 AM
when he gets it back hes not gunna ride it like that anymore. caugh ya ok. he said hes getting a banshee.

Guy400
06-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Beat him up and take his girlfriend:huh

Chef
06-29-2003, 07:09 AM
I dont use the clutch to shift any of my bikes...maybe the Banshee because they dont shift for hell:mad:

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 07:09 AM
naa. her brothers have a 92 banshee and a warrior and a blaster. all are blown up. and hammered bad. and she is kinda ugly. to skinny shes brake. :eek2: besides this kid is kinda tough. wouldnt wanna get in a fight with him :macho

KASCHAK
06-29-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Chef
I dont use the clutch to shift any of my bikes...maybe the Banshee because they dont shift for hell:mad:

not like this kids does. he slams it in gear even it it dont go. you know what i mean. it sometimes gets caught between gears and clicks and he revs it. so it gets worse. i rode it once and it died that so i shut it off and started it again. im not gunna be the one that brakes it.

Chef
06-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Yea, I know what you mean. Mine just clicks to the next gear, real easy. I dont even have to let off usually.

06-29-2003, 07:35 AM
ill shift up sometimes when im not using the clutch but i wont ever shift down without the clutch...

TC17
06-29-2003, 07:59 AM
if that were my son, i'd beat his face in and make him pay it all himself. there are 2 parts of riding quads. maintanence(sp?) and riding. he gets free maintanence and abuses it. that's the kind of kids that shouldn't have quads! yesterday, i polished every steel and aluminum part on my quad except for the frame and i also washed it really good. i always use the clutch. if i even see a little smoke i get worried. i am super careful. i blew my tranny in my 300 from just catching it in hear cause the battery was dead. i paid 500 in my own money i worked for and i didn't even mean to hurt it. that kid's dad is a mornon too. jeez, what a demented family.:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :grr: :mad:!!!!!!!

Narly R
06-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Maybe he just neds a auotmatic??!:ermm:

Sporttrax400ex
06-29-2003, 08:47 AM
when im racing i only use the clutch to take off or if i ant in the rpms real high other than that i never used it for 2years and it was perfectly fine.

250x#93
06-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Boy, he must be pretty stupid:devil: I shift wit out mine a good bit but it feels just right:devil:

Got Huevos?
06-29-2003, 09:21 AM
there should be a abuse line for quad abuse i mean they made for for child abuse why not quads. i know its ridiculious becuz some kids deserved to be hit. but some quads deserver a good home :D

*EDIT* i am 15 and yes my parents hit me with good reason and im glad they did it taught me and it only took once to teach me :D

06-29-2003, 10:21 AM
if my dad every touches me ill beat his a55 & he knows it! im 16

K2Snow
06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
You can shift without pulling in the clutch?

250x#93
06-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Yeah u do it when it feels just right:devil: Real easy though;)

06-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Chef
Yea, I know what you mean. Mine just clicks to the next gear, real easy. I dont even have to let off usually.

yup....you dont need to use the clucth to shift, its not liek a truck all the gears are perfectly meshed or something it doesnt hurt it at all but shifting between gears and pinning it and forcing it into gear does

jchevy
06-29-2003, 04:04 PM
There is nothing wrong with riding your quad hard. I rev mine out in every gear to.

I bought mine to have fun on, not putt around with.

onelow
06-29-2003, 04:29 PM
whats a clutch lol havent used mine since day one. of course only in first to start but thats about it

crap-banshee32
06-29-2003, 05:27 PM
nick23 does the same thing, well he shifts some times, but during races he just power shifts without using the clutch, if he ruins something its fixed in no-time though!!:huh

K2Snow
06-29-2003, 07:46 PM
So a 300ex will shift just as if it had an automatic clutch? Just let off the gas and shift? why even have the clutch then? *confused* i'm such a newm when it comes to these things

310Rduner
06-29-2003, 08:47 PM
So a 300ex will shift just as if it had an automatic clutch? Just let off the gas and shift? why even have the clutch then? *confused* i'm such a newm when it comes to these things

thats done sometimes because they are a wet clutch set up.. meaning you can shift it if the revs are right and you hit it at the right pace.. its easy to do but does cause some scratching to the tranny gears... it will show up in time...:confused2

found some on a couple gears in my low end when i had it apart.. so i replaced those gears and try not to do it very much.. im not saying ALL of the scratches were from that.. most was age but a few my mechanic buddy was saying shows that it was the cause..

most of the times only reason to do it is drag racing to save time..

and its allmost always to shift up... doing that shifting down just seems.... stupid to me..:rolleyes:

basically.. be easy on the bike about how and when you do this...

FourFiftyFour
06-29-2003, 10:14 PM
tell him to get a Predator.......:p :p :p he wont be able to go anywhere with it without using the clutch..... it would teach him well :D :D

310Rduner
06-29-2003, 10:35 PM
havent seen this before myself but.. when the **** appears is it because something was a swear?

i noticed it in my above post.. noticed it looked like i accidentally left out an F in shift.. lol:uhoh:

just assuming thats what it was..??

06-30-2003, 03:47 AM
man, that sux. my dirtbike would cut off if i didnt use the clutch when shifting gears. my dad tore the rear end gear up on his over the weekend