PDA

View Full Version : Any legal places to ride in AZ?

86350x
06-29-2003, 04:21 AM
Is there any legal places to ride near sierra vista arizona?

I stopped in a bike shop here and asked, got directions to a place called powerline, which of course, runs along a powerline, but I couldn't find any break in the fence, which leads me to believe it might be illegal. Don't want to cause any problems, just ride.

Brian needs your help:confused:

If anyone knows please reply, but then again with my luck.....................................

**attachment edited**

86350x
06-29-2003, 11:43 PM
LOl! guess not:confused:

Ex'r Marlin
06-30-2003, 03:14 PM
I too am very interrested in legal areas in Arizona.

When I was there, I was told to make sure you are not on any Indian reservations there. I can understand that, but they do not have the boundries marked!:eek:

Anyway, good luck riding out there! Hopefully someone on here will lead us in the right direction.:)

86350x
07-01-2003, 12:43 AM
sorry cbw, didn't know that was a no no

86350x
07-01-2003, 12:46 AM
I'll try pming someone that might know

:confused:

Sean Flesher
07-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Theres not many places and its lessening quick , you can get a permit to ride on state land its $15 a year (per vehicle). It sucks because the tracks out here are taking advantage and jacking up the prices to ride and not many cater to quads. I live in Phoenix , but I've been to Sierra Vista......................lots of desert , and border patrol:huh !!! Tucson has some tracks but thats about all I know for now .....................I get busted by the cops about twice a month:p I just kiss butt and Ive been lucky not to get a ticket yet........If your in the Phx area and want to ride let me know ......Ill get my happy a@% out and ride witcha

Sean Flesher
07-02-2003, 05:57 PM
Theres not many places and its lessening quick , you can get a permit to ride on state land its $15 a year (per vehicle). It sucks because the tracks out here are taking advantage and jacking up the prices to ride and not many cater to quads. I live in Phoenix , but I've been to Sierra Vista......................lots of desert , and border patrol:huh !!! Tucson has some tracks but thats about all I know for now .....................I get busted by the cops about twice a month:p I just kiss butt and Ive been lucky not to get a ticket yet........If your in the Phx area and want to ride let me know ......Ill get my happy a@% out and ride witcha

86350x
07-03-2003, 04:50 AM
Thnx sean, I pmed all the az people I've seen on here with 0 replies............................

This was just for someone else I know of that moved there. He transfered from washington (hes in the military). He wants to ride his db's drz, klx without causing trouble. Moving somewhere and not knowing anyone sucks.

I'll stick to michigan, more trail systems here then anywhere else I know of besides canada, and no dangerous creepy crawly critters. I'll put up this post so he can read it. (hes not on ex riders)

Ex'r Marlin
07-03-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
Thnx sean, I pmed all the az people I've seen on here with 0 replies............................

This was just for someone else I know of that moved there. He transfered from washington (hes in the military). Moving somewhere and not knowing anyone sucks.
Ditto.:(

86350x
07-03-2003, 05:07 AM
Well bud, seems like a freindly group huh......... :confused2 :ermm:

lol

If you ever want to do any michigan riding just let me know. Lots of places to ride here.

danyeo
07-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Damm, i didn't there would be any issue of riding areas in Arizona. Maybe all the people in AZ are to busy out ridng to relpy back.

john308
07-03-2003, 02:04 PM
I live in Phoenix and the place I used to ride was closed down about two months ago. Lately I've been going up between Cave Creek and Bartlett lake. Like Sean said, a lot of the riding areas are going away. I know a few people in Willcox and I'll find out where they ride and let you know.

-John

F-16Guy
07-08-2003, 10:21 AM
You mean out by the loop 303? I hate riding in Phoenix. I seriously would rather load my bike and drive to Vegas than hassle with finding a decent place out here. Phoenix is only good for tracks.

Ex'r Marlin
07-08-2003, 10:38 AM
So are you saying the better places to trail ride would require loading up and traveling out of state?:confused:

86350x
07-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Sorry,

Wow, that really sucks guys. I thought with all the desert, and open area............. Riding area's would be limitless for you. AZ blaster helped out some. At a local track near sierra vista, there are some trails, but the guy I pm'ed was not sure if they were legal or not. And I'm pretty sure you have to be a member at the track.:( :ermm:

Ex'r Marlin
07-09-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by 86350x
I thought with all the desert, and open area............. Riding area's would be limitless for you.:( :ermm:
I too thought the same.:(

F-16Guy
07-09-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
So are you saying the better places to trail ride would require loading up and traveling out of state?:confused:
Not necessarily. Imperial Dunes are only a couple hours away (Glamis, Buttercup, etc.), so there are a couple good places to ride. For desert, though, I prefer to go to my Dad's place about an hour north of Vegas.

400grl
07-12-2003, 06:04 AM
There are places....but AZ being what it is, it's hard to explain where they are without just showing someone. Sycamore Creek is probably the first place I can think of to ride.....lots of trails everywhere - some go way back into these cool washes and big boulder-strewn mountians.....

Around North Scottsdale our riding areas are dwindling due to housing growth......bummer, but there are still a few places.

Up farther north and west there is trail riding all over around Lake Pleasant...there is also trail riding off of the I-17 - I see people staging there all of the time.

Up at Flagstaff there is the Cinders OHV park which is really really cool - lots of big long steep hills and trails all around.....on summer holidays the Cinders are a blast....

Glamis is 3 hours away - can't get much luckier than that!!! I can't wait till dune season starts!!!

There is drag racing out on the West side around I-10 and 300th and something avenue! I haven't been out there yet, but if you go to atvconnection.com and get on the Yamaha site, you will see the AZ Rappy boys talking some smack all the time....they will tell you how to get out there!

There is the Safford Dunes....or Hot Wells Dunes.....out on the East side of the state - there are some small dunes, trail riding and hot springs out there......locals go party out there on some of the spring/summer/fall holidays......

Rolls OHV area is near Suguaro Lake.....lots of trails....I think you can get to Fourpeaks from there, too.....

So....there are definately places to ride in AZ......try ridingarizona.com, too - those are more of the trail riding people on that site...

And yes...most of us are usually at one of the many tracks that allow quads to race/ride nowadays......and in the summer, night riding is the only way to go.....way too hot during the day!

Good luck - hope this helped a little !!!! :D

86350x
07-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Thanks,

:)

But why didn't you tell me this 2 weeks ago:( :confused:

Brian will be happy to see this.

To all AZ people, beware of this guy. He thinks all quad riders are evil, and would probrably try to run you over in his rock crawler...............

86350x
07-13-2003, 07:27 AM
I think he's probrably even more dangerous on his cr500................

07-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Ex Marlin & others...try www.ridingarizona.com

Ex'r Marlin
07-14-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by 400grl
....there are definately places to ride in AZ......and in the summer, night riding is the only way to go.....way too hot during the day!

YES!!!!! Your reply helped tremendously!!!!!!! :macho

I just got done telling friends how bummed I was leaving this awesome XC trails and tracks here! Your reply, as well as the others, are greatly helping me make the transition!!!:)

Note: I have not looked at any houses yet, but I think it will be in the Northwest Phoenix area... Surprise, etc.

Hope to hook up and ride with you guys and gals from AZ!!!:cool:

Thanks Dave (2-R's).... I will check out the site!:) Hopefully you and the family can come out West and stay with me for a week/month or whatever to ride out there!!!:macho

86350x
07-14-2003, 07:24 AM
Congradulations bud.

HHHMMM
I think I have been officially black listed though. That was just a joke about kyron, but he does hate quad riders. Brian was fed up,and couldn't find a place to ride so he decided to have his drz converted to street legality, to do some dual sporting. That's why I wish I would have found more out earlier, but maybe he would have ended up doing that anyways. I can't wait till mines done too.

07-17-2003, 01:56 AM

Thanks Dave (2-R's).... I will check out the site!:) Hopefully you and the family can come out West and stay with me for a week/month or whatever to ride out there!!!:macho
cool...& if you move out there..I will have 2 freinds to visit..& go riding ....HELL I may even get a pc property & retire out there 1 day :D

07-19-2003, 07:32 PM

Wow just like home (NJ) what a bummer but,

then you will get to ride with 400grl, and now I am jealous :devil:

I still cant believe with all that open area outside the cities and burbs (I hear how the burbs out there are sprawling forever now :( ) that there isnt some better ride places. I guess the whole damn country is going down the crapper. :D

Marlin I am still counting on meeting up with you (and an extra quad) in Vegas after you get out there. Been wanting to check out the ride out there the last few trips but no one ever responds so I just enjoy the local insanity.

1984200X
07-28-2003, 09:46 AM
I grew up riding the Salt River area. I could leave my house in Mesa and ride the canal for a short distance and be in the desert and ride washes all the way to the lake. I spent every weekend at the bridge on the salt. There were Tons of Trucks, ATV's, Tubers etc.

Oh well.....Fond memories of loading up the trike with a cooler and sleeping bag and just heading off into the desert.

:grr:

proquadracer
07-31-2003, 07:43 PM
HEY 400GRL YOU STILL LOOKING FOR A WHOOP SECTION
CAMP CREEK SOUTH BARLLET ROAD VARY WHOOPED FOR
ABOUT A MILE IT WAS 2 WEEKS AGO GOT TO LOVE IT AND
HANG ON :cool:

jello
09-23-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
There are places....but AZ being what it is, it's hard to explain where they are without just showing someone. Sycamore Creek is probably the first place I can think of to ride.....lots of trails everywhere - some go way back into these cool washes and big boulder-strewn mountians.....

Around North Scottsdale our riding areas are dwindling due to housing growth......bummer, but there are still a few places.

Up farther north and west there is trail riding all over around Lake Pleasant...there is also trail riding off of the I-17 - I see people staging there all of the time.

Up at Flagstaff there is the Cinders OHV park which is really really cool - lots of big long steep hills and trails all around.....on summer holidays the Cinders are a blast....

Glamis is 3 hours away - can't get much luckier than that!!! I can't wait till dune season starts!!!

There is drag racing out on the West side around I-10 and 300th and something avenue! I haven't been out there yet, but if you go to atvconnection.com and get on the Yamaha site, you will see the AZ Rappy boys talking some smack all the time....they will tell you how to get out there!

There is the Safford Dunes....or Hot Wells Dunes.....out on the East side of the state - there are some small dunes, trail riding and hot springs out there......locals go party out there on some of the spring/summer/fall holidays......

Rolls OHV area is near Suguaro Lake.....lots of trails....I think you can get to Fourpeaks from there, too.....

So....there are definately places to ride in AZ......try ridingarizona.com, too - those are more of the trail riding people on that site...

And yes...most of us are usually at one of the many tracks that allow quads to race/ride nowadays......and in the summer, night riding is the only way to go.....way too hot during the day!

Is Cinders OHV park near Munds Park?

400grl
09-24-2003, 10:21 AM
You know - I'm not sure.....I am not familiar with the Flagstaff area, really....I just know where the Cinders are....if Munds is near the Sunset Crater area, then I'd have to say yes!

Ex'r Marlin
09-24-2003, 10:54 AM
Well... It looks like I will be making the move sometime in December now. I just got back from a visit there... WOW, the weather is great!!!:cool: It looks like Sedona and Flagstaff offer technical areas to trail ride.

I look forward to meeting you guys and gals... And thanks again for the information!:macho

If it means anything, I am looking at houses in the Goodyear, Avondale area. (West Valley side):D

jello
09-25-2003, 11:19 PM
I need to find a new spot.... I live in peoria.

I just was asking about munds park because I have a cabin up in that area.

09-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Well... It looks like I will be making the move sometime in December now. I just got back from a visit there... WOW, the weather is great!!!:cool: It looks like Sedona and Flagstaff offer technical areas to trail ride.

I look forward to meeting you guys and gals... And thanks again for the information!:macho

If it means anything, I am looking at houses in the Goodyear, Avondale area. (West Valley side):D
you better keep in touch! :D

Ex'r Marlin
09-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by "2-R's Rider"
you better keep in touch! :D

You better come visit!!!!!:D

Not only will I keep in touch, I may just leave one of the atv's at Ron's (Derno24) house. That way I can fly back and race some of the races!:eek: :macho

I look forward to riding in Arizona and California. I understand that Glamis is about 5 hours away from the Phoenix area!:cool: I guess I will need a set of paddle tires!

Question: Is there any organized races in Arizona?

400grl
09-26-2003, 05:30 PM
Glamis is 3 hours from my house in Chandler (just south of Phoenix)...it's awesome that it's so close!

As for local racing - check out www.gomxracing.com - that is our local AZ MX website - there is a forum on there and you can ask away about series and stuff - there are also track profiles on that website as well......

We have about 3 major racing organizations (MX) - there is AMX - CMC and COP....then for desert racing there is Whiplash and the WORCS series comes to town once a year as well.

Glen Helen is also about 5 hours away, so you can race the ITP series if you feel like driving a bit!! :)

09-26-2003, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
[B]You better come visit!!!!!:D

I will,..If at all possible :)