View Full Version : what is this TECATE 4 im hearing so much about

KASCHAK
06-28-2003, 04:42 PM
what is this TECATE 4 im hearing about. i want some pictures of this thing and how fast is it what cc is it two stroke. everthing. thanks

06-28-2003, 04:44 PM
i beleive its a 250cc....thats all i realy know about it...o yea its a kawasaki and its green:o

exriderdude
06-28-2003, 04:52 PM
heres some pics, this one is highly modded

Scott-300ex
06-28-2003, 04:54 PM
a lot of them have some funky lookin plastics but i hear they are fast as fuc!

they are 2 strokes too

exriderdude
06-28-2003, 04:55 PM
yea its a 250cc two stroke, and they FLY!!!!..... not the best handling/suspension but they are fast, my friend has one that has a FMF pipe and is bored .80, and it freakin hauls the mail:eek2:

exriderdude
06-28-2003, 05:00 PM
they sit kinda high up, and the steering is just whack, its jerky and all funky like, the steering stem is bent, thats how its suppose to be:confused2

last pic... i modified this one, i like the color of the a-arms:devil: i forget whos quad this is, its someone on here though:ermm:

JATV250
06-28-2003, 05:02 PM
They are considered by most who have had them the fastest 250cc 2stroke quad ever built. Personally i would have to agree b/c i have ridden them. they had loads of power but they were unpredictable. You never knew when the power valve was going to kick in. They didn't handle to well compared to the trx 250r.

06-28-2003, 05:08 PM
we got this one with a 300 big bore, fmf pipe, durablue axle, wheels and soem other crap i hate it , its a blaster on crack:tired:

hessianmx111
06-28-2003, 05:12 PM
jus ask monkeyboy anything you need to know about them tecottys.:blah:

06-28-2003, 05:13 PM
they dont sit high they corner nice i think but not on bumps

kicken250x
06-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
heres some pics, this one is highly modded

if im not mistaken that is a mojave frame with a Kx 500 motor and tacate plastic. the guy says it rips!:devil:

250x#93
06-28-2003, 05:42 PM
before i got the x I always wanted one for some god damn reason:o But then I wised up and bought my HONDA:D

06-28-2003, 06:03 PM
naw thats a tecate frame you can tell how the bumper is, i did hear he had a kx 500 motor in it with a big bore

trailburner
06-29-2003, 01:57 AM
I know they rip!! I had a 86 250r 3-wheeler [fast!! piped etc...] & my brother had one of those tecates[stock] & that thing would stick right with me with his fat ***** on it!!!:grr:

06-29-2003, 02:58 AM
I hear it's real fassss :confused2

Juggalo
06-29-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by kicken250x
if im not mistaken that is a mojave frame with a Kx 500 motor and tacate plastic. the guy says it rips!:devil:

you are mistaken lol. thats john boschma aka killerkx327's old tecate. all the pics posted of his quad was when he still had the tecate motor in it. i think you getting it confused with his mocate. that was a mojave with a tecate motor in it, but the motor was out of the three wheeler. later on he put a KX500 motor in that tecate. i saw it in action many times in both forms and it did rip!! it was insanley fast. i actually got the ride the mocate and that thing was crazy too. the motor was way too much for the mojave frame. fun stuff. heres a pic of the tecate when it did have the 500 (actually bored out to around 525 and some other work done) motor in it.

kicken250x
06-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Juggalo
you are mistaken lol. thats john boschma aka killerkx327's old tecate. all the pics posted of his quad was when he still had the tecate motor in it. i think you getting it confused with his mocate. that was a mojave with a tecate motor in it, but the motor was out of the three wheeler. later on he put a KX500 motor in that tecate. i saw it in action many times in both forms and it did rip!! it was insanley fast. i actually got the ride the mocate and that thing was crazy too. the motor was way too much for the mojave frame. fun stuff. heres a pic of the tecate when it did have the 500 (actually bored out to around 525 and some other work done) motor in it.

well thanks for correcting me there dude! i talked to him about it on aim and he said it was crazy fast. he said he scared the chit outa his self the first time he road it lmao:blah:

"BLAHH"300!!
06-29-2003, 06:01 PM
There's a tecate at my local sheriff's office.
It was stolen, then recovered. The owner had insurance on the machine and he already got the replacment for it before the police found it. Now it's just sitting there. I've asked about the bike sveral times, and a member here, "KX327" even contacted them about it. (i think he did...i gave him the nember anyway)
..They said they can't sell it to me, that it has to go through public auction. If it does not sell at the auction, it gets destroyed.
witch really piss's me off, b/c i've asked about the auctions, and they havn't given mea date.
"I'm not rea sure when theauction's are" and kinda blow-me off
Last july or so, was prolly the last time i asked about it.
...humm...but i don't have any plans tomarrow...i migh go bug them again if i think about it....
..it doesn't run...has a buncha loose wire's, it was hot wired, and didn't have any compression the last time i looked it over.

But it's a complete bike, from motor to plastic

skemp
06-29-2003, 07:43 PM
You can read about them here (http://www.offroadhaven.com/kawasaki-tecate-4specs.htm).
Those things fly, but their existence was short lived as Kawasaki got into the racing quad game a little too late and got screwed by the federal regulations.
Second to a Zilla, the Tecate-4 was one of the fastest production quads on the market in '88 with a top speed of roughly 74-75MPH. The Zilla was just barely shy of 80MPH bone stock. :eek:

Scott-300ex
06-30-2003, 08:25 AM
holy
$HIT!!!

thats fast for stock

ewwwwwwwwww..........ahhhhhhhhhhh

makes me want to ride one