PDA

View Full Version : Rode 2 new yfz440's

Nausty
06-28-2003, 04:37 PM
man I just typed up a really really long thread on what I thought of it but anyways I tryed to attach a photo of me and it was to big so it went back to the edit screen with a blank message.:mad: ANyways to make it quick I think its a good quad that handles a little better than a 400ex and has a little bit more all around power than 400ex until you reach the top end where it seems to pull pretty hard. Although it doesn't have near as much low end torque of a piped and filtered 400ex. Seemed like it wasn't a good wheelie machine but instead it just hooked up and went and seemed to be a little bit more well balanced than a 400ex and fairly better handling stock for stock but put bluntly the shocks on the yzf440 suck compared to my elka's but are probably about twice as good as the stock ones on a 400ex. Seems to be geared a little bit tall but with 18" tires, exhaust, no air box lid and after market filter I think it would be perfect and all of the stuff I listed would help drastically on the low end. I'm just gonna leave it at that but basically I just see it as a little bit better machine than a 400ex but I don't foresee me trading in my 400ex for one.

I rode one yzf at the track and another in a grassy area in front of of Southern Implement in Tama I think it was. Which btw are a new dealer in the area and seem to be awsome people to work with.

Basically i need to reread this and put in more stuff but i'm really tired from riding and i'll pry come back and add some stuff and revise it so it makes better sence and has more information. Heres a pic of me riding.

Nausty
06-28-2003, 04:40 PM
:mad: I keep messing up with the pictures.:grr: :mad:

Nausty
06-28-2003, 04:41 PM
Nick and I

06-28-2003, 04:42 PM
:eek: how did you get to ride one?

Nausty
06-28-2003, 04:43 PM
me riding tooday.

exriderdude
06-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Kory said that by just adding a pipe and jetting it, it has just as much power as his modified 426 race bike, thats nuts:confused2 :scary:

Striker49
06-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Bad *** bike. Ive been meanin to get to my dealer...well, at least call em to see if they have one in but just havent had the time.

Hey Nausty...you mind if we use those as YFZcentral? We're always lookin for some more pix. :)

Ranchertype1
06-28-2003, 04:57 PM
isnt it yfz450?

crap-banshee32
06-28-2003, 04:58 PM
:eek:

06-28-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
Kory said that by just adding a pipe and jetting it, it has just as much power as his modified 426 race bike, thats nuts:confused2 :scary:

kory is a jerk off i dont beleive one thing he says because he sells out to every new quad thats out there and says how its faster than his old yzf race quad, i think hes lied the whoel time because the stock cannibal was as fast as his yzf and pulled on full race 330rs according to him and then the z 400 felt as fast and now this, :tired: the guy needs to stop kissing *** with every new quad that comes out and find the best ride he can and go win a championship

Nausty
06-28-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer27
:eek: how did you get to ride one?

Well we saw the dealer had one outside and we need a couple things from the bike shop so we decided to check it out. We go look at it and I talked to my dad about it and before I knew it the dealer offered me if I wanted to ride it.

The 2nd one I rode today was my friend Nicks who had just got it a couple days before today. I think it could be a real nice bike with mx tires, exhaust, filter, bars, nerfs, shocks, and a couple other doo dads and it would be a great machine. Definitely capable of winning b class races and probably pace in the last half of the pack of a class. I know the lack of nerfs and bottem end really kept me from wanting to get a better feel for it on the mx track but oh well.

Nausty
06-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranchertype1
isnt it yfz450?

the yzf440 quads were debored and/or destroked to 439 so that they can be raced in most mx races. The reason its 439 and not 440 is for when you rebuild it because it barely gets a little bigger each time.

Go ahead striker!

Got a new oil tank. Still waiting on carrier from Meszero motorsports! I think we're just gonna cancel the order and order one from a local place. They've lied to us sooo many times keep saying its coming and it still hasn't been mailed out.:eek2:

06-28-2003, 05:02 PM
i think the whole mx side of our sport is just gonan go downt he tubes since places like nacs and k and k want the sport to stay how it is because that is the only way they can profit if honda came out with something good from the factory for a reasonable price it would send nacs out of business, nacs and them can say what they want but there just out there to make a buck, xc racing is more for the riders from what i hear and this quad is gonna be a big hit in xc

Nausty
06-28-2003, 05:08 PM
these new quads still need a lot of work to be in the pros imo. I noticed the swingarm is cast aluminum i'm pretty sure and is pretty long so i'm not so sure on how that will hold up. But if you wanna turn it into a pro race quad your gonna wanna change a lot of stuff. Try a all new rear end, exhaust, filter, jetting, tires, other motor tricks and mods, long travel a-arms and full suspension, stem is pretty weak i'm guessing and your gonna wanna change the bars so I guess there is a lot of stuff those businesses can do just like with about any other quad.

I'll say it again, the shocks on the yzf440 is no where near what they seemed to be made up to be. I'm guessing they would be comparable to really cheap works shocks if even that.

exriderdude
06-28-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
kory is a jerk off i dont beleive one thing he says because he sells out to every new quad thats out there and says how its faster than his old yzf race quad, i think hes lied the whoel time because the stock cannibal was as fast as his yzf and pulled on full race 330rs according to him and then the z 400 felt as fast and now this, :tired: the guy needs to stop kissing *** with every new quad that comes out and find the best ride he can and go win a championship

uh.....did you see the high piont results???:rolleyes:

Striker49
06-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Thx Nausty. :)

Glow Plug
06-28-2003, 05:10 PM
It sounds lika a nice bike. BUt I think freeride is right because I think Kory is just talking with his head up his arse because thats what he's going to be racing in the pro class. I think that he just shut the hell up because i think kory is just in it for the money and "respect" :rolleyes: . But anyways back to the thread nice pictures Nausty :)

Nausty
06-28-2003, 05:15 PM
Just so you guys know i'm 16 years old and have been around motorcycles and atv's all my life and I think i'm a pretty decent rider and I just figured you guys would wanna know what I wanted to say about it and how it compares.

I personally didn't like it much after the 2nd ride but I see potential for it. I don't see myself having one either because of the price and just because I like staying with what I like and what I know works.

Also I think I mentioned this but this thing has very little low to mid power and torque but with some minor mods it should be about perfect gearing and power wise.

06-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
uh.....did you see the high piont results???:rolleyes:

no and i dont much care what that guy has to say hes a liar :scary:

Got Huevos?
06-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
i think kory is just in it for the money
money alwasy has something to do with what u do for a living. no matter how much someone says they dont do it for the money theres always the little feeling in the back of there mind that knows they love the money if someone says they dont do something job wise for money they just lied str8 to ur face.i'd much rather have someone whos up front about doing it for money then someone who says they dont do it for money.

06-28-2003, 06:24 PM
what atv racer races for a living besides tim farr from what i hear

toby400ex
06-28-2003, 08:38 PM
on kory's yfz not a single peice of the suspension is stock, so what exactly is making it so great, as in better than a c dale or other quads:confused:

Z400central
06-29-2003, 05:02 AM
Nausty,
Do you have the larger version/other pics of that bike? If so can you email them to me at z400@z400central.com ? Thanks!

www.yfzcentral.com
-Steve

Wired
06-29-2003, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by toby400ex
on kory's yfz not a single peice of the suspension is stock, so what exactly is making it so great, as in better than a c dale or other quads:confused:

put a full suspension and exhaust on it and it will still be cheaper then a cdale moto and will out perform it...

Glow Plug
06-29-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Got Huevos?
money alwasy has something to do with what u do for a living. no matter how much someone says they dont do it for the money theres always the little feeling in the back of there mind that knows they love the money if someone says they dont do something job wise for money they just lied str8 to ur face.i'd much rather have someone whos up front about doing it for money then someone who says they dont do it for money.

I do know that everyone always has the though of money on their minds . But I belive that Kory is selling his intretty (sp?) Just for a little kick back. Your not going to tell me that you read the reveiw of the yzf on ********.com and Didn't have a little though of factory pay off In your mind when you were done reading it?

Dale512
06-29-2003, 09:40 AM
Well, as far as Kory is concerned it doesnt really matter what he says, you shouldnt go by what other people say about something.

Concerning a C-dale Moto, I think it was little overpriced for what you got. But building up a YFZ wouldnt be that much cheaper, a rough estimate would be around a thousand cheaper than a C-dale Moto and it would perform better. I think if Cannondale could have sold the Moto for around even $10,000 they would have did better, but they couldnt.

Nausty
06-29-2003, 05:01 PM
yeah as it was I think they were losing money and also the problem with the moto is that they wern't the best parts to begin with so still some riders wanted to replace them. I think it'll be a good machine but it'll take some money to be really good. I was really disappointed with the shocks though and lack of low end tho.