PDA

View Full Version : Mixing leaded and unleaded race gas???

Honda4ooEX
06-28-2003, 03:25 PM
Went to buy some 110 leaded gas for my 250 2 stroke dirtbike today. I mix 50:1 and I thought I had a 5 gal gas can but it was only 4. So I was off to a bad start already because I put 5.0 gallons of 2 stroke premix into a 4 gal can. Oh well I figuared it will just smoke alittle no big deal. Anyways the guy starts to fill my gas can with the leaded 110 fuel and it starts spitting and sputtering at 2.9 gals, he runs out of fuel. So I topped it all off with Amaco 92 octane (unleaded). My question is, is it ok to mix leaded and unleaded fuel and run it in a 2 stroke with no valves? Thanks

quader400
06-28-2003, 03:34 PM
im pretty sure you can mix it cause my friend does that with his 440 but i dont know about putting it in the 2 stroke. it should be fine i dont see why it wouldnt work right

Scott-300ex
06-28-2003, 03:38 PM
what lead in the fuel does is...........

in older cars, there valve seats were made out of a different material and not very strong and could damage easier

the lead is like an oil to the valve seats to keep them in good shape and keep a good seal between the valves and head

i don't think it would matter mixing them, but with all your crazy concoctions in your gas now, i personaly would probably not use it

but if you don't decide to use it, don't just dump it outside:rolleyes: