PDA

View Full Version : Help!

I-7
06-28-2003, 02:32 PM
Ok so i race dirtbikes and i have this really bad mental problem. Its jumps. I approach a jump like im gonna hit it and i just back off for some reason and never do it. Im not talking about like table tops or step ups but doubles and triples. I always tell myself that im gonna go for it and i never do. Does anyone have this problem or know a good way to solve it? Thanks

flyin#5
06-28-2003, 03:08 PM
i would suggest getting some balls....:blah: jp man but just go for it and commit. imagine yourself clearing it and always give it more gas than you think... especially on the first run.

kxrider
06-28-2003, 03:12 PM
just do lik i do dont even think about it, just do it, if i think about it i proly wont do it, but i just gota do it, it comes out right if you commit to it

Flip)(stick
06-28-2003, 03:38 PM
Close your eyes before the jump at the lip. Then open them in the air:)

kxrider
06-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Flip)(stick
Close your eyes before the jump at the lip. Then open them in the air:)

lmao dude are you tryin to kill him

Flip)(stick
06-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Least he'll jump it:)

I-7
06-28-2003, 03:43 PM
:eek2: :eek2: Ok flip stick go try that and tell me how its works out :o :confused2

sportraxrider10
06-28-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by kxrider
just do lik i do dont even think about it, just do it, if i think about it i proly wont do it, but i just gota do it, it comes out right if you commit to it

yea i don't have a dirt bike but i used to never hit doubles because i was scared i was gonna case them and i always thought about it, so now i try not to think about it except for how fast i have to hit it and i just go

I-7
06-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Ill try that the jumps at the track im racing tomorrow that i wanna do is one up hill double about 30 feet, a 40 foot down hill double, another 30 foot double, and a 35 foot step down...

p@iNn3ck
06-28-2003, 03:49 PM
How old are you ?

kxrider
06-28-2003, 03:49 PM
35ft dude thats 2nd gear you cant crash theres no way just do it

I-7
06-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
How old are you ?

14... why?

p@iNn3ck
06-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11

Then tell yourself you can do it, and just go out and hit it...... remember, you're young and you heal fast!..... don't wait till you're old and try hittin them then.... believe me!

I-7
06-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Flip)(stick
06-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Or, just have a lil tie down over your throttle so u can let up:)

hondafox440
06-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Watch other guys and go for it. I used to have the problem of coming in a gear to high and lugging it off jumps, but I'm finally starting to hit them in the correct gear, just wide open. It's all practice and confidence. I know just doing this decent size tabletop at my friends house that I didnt hit all of least year has given me much more confidence this year..

bansheeguy77
06-28-2003, 04:07 PM
my way of doing it is i tell myself im going to do it but of course i dont...then i get so pissed at myself and pumped up ya say f it and go for it....make sure ur fully commited tho so ya dont face plant

kicken250x
06-28-2003, 04:10 PM
dont think so much. thats exactly what ur doing. go out and give it ur all. dont think about crashing, NEVER think about crashing! go just a little faster then you think youll need, especially on a double. its always better to over shoot it a little then to come up a little short and case it and risk not racing the rest of the weekend, trust me its no fun.:p but seriously, dont think so much. clear ur mind befor the race at the start focus on the first turn and NOTHING else, through out the rest of the race only think to your self "im gonna win" it gives you the confidence to jump anything and everything, just know how fast u need to go first lol;) and good luck next time dude!:cool:

Scott-300ex
06-28-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by p@iNn3ck
How old are you ?

god, i hate when people say that when all they have to do is click on there profile:rolleyes:

if i were you, start out small and go bigger, then try a big tapletop, then do the bigger doubles. you need to push your limits a little, but if you are saying you aren't going to make it or you KNOW you aren't ready, don't do it and work up to it

06-28-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Mojave11
Ok so i race dirtbikes and i have this really bad mental problem. Its jumps. I approach a jump like im gonna hit it and i just back off for some reason and never do it. Im not talking about like table tops or step ups but doubles and triples. I always tell myself that im gonna go for it and i never do. Does anyone have this problem or know a good way to solve it? Thanks

well since you apparently dont have any testicles ill tell you what to do;)

sometimes when i case i jump i get a lil scared but i have 2 testicles so im ok, this may be hard for you but this is what you do

look at the jump if you think its 3rd pinned hit it 4th, over jump it at least then you know its possible for you to clear and work your way down til you hit it just right:macho

Scott-300ex
06-28-2003, 04:21 PM
lol^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kicken250x
06-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
well since you apparently dont have any testicles ill tell you what to do;)

sometimes when i case i jump i get a lil scared but i have 2 testicles so im ok, this may be hard for you but this is what you do

look at the jump if you think its 3rd pinned hit it 4th, over jump it at least then you know its possible for you to clear and work your way down til you hit it just right:macho

ROFLMAO^^^

hahaha he is just messin with u but try what he said, thats some pretty good advice

4TraxRider
06-29-2003, 03:34 AM
Ryan, you gotta nut up!!!!! Follow me around the track a few times and get your speed down.

kxrider
06-29-2003, 10:10 AM
find someone on another 80 that is doin it, and ask them wat gear, then u got it

Narly R
06-29-2003, 10:25 AM
Well before I hit a jump I only look at it for a little bit cause the longer you look at it or go up and down the lip the worse it gets!!! And if you act like your going to jump it and dont then that makes it ten times worse! Just jump it at a speed u know you can clear it!!! I mean youll never know unless you try right? JUST GO FOR IT!!!! Its all MENTAL!!!!!;)